CRC 1/10 Pan Car >

CRC 1/10 Pan Car

Like Tree3Likes

CRC 1/10 Pan Car

Old 02-13-2009, 01:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smyka
hey guy the only time i have had problems with my bottom motor screw is when i have to put bigger then a 50 tooth pinion i use traxxas motor screws so they have a built in washer when i go big pinion i have to use a regular motor screw no washer and it works fine
What motor are you running? I noticed that with the motor bolt spacing on my Novak that they barely fit into the motor slots which gave me very little rotational movement on the motor forcing me to grind the little flanged c/f piece off a bit to run the 40, 100 64p gears.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
Harry, rule of thumb has been 48p outdoor, 64p indoor. 64 gives more tuning capability, 48p keeps rocks and trash from stripping your spur.
Huh... that makes sense. But for the sake of getting the gear ratio I wanted, 48p was where it was at, without sacrificing structural integrity.

I smell upgrades for the rear pod coming soon...

Thanks for the info guys!
Old 02-22-2009, 02:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I'm running outlaw pro10 class...what is the hot ticket foam tires on carpet?
13.5 lipo is my powerplant..thanks
Old 02-22-2009, 06:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Goingfast
I'm running outlaw pro10 class...what is the hot ticket foam tires on carpet?
13.5 lipo is my powerplant..thanks
Our Gen-X 10 Outlaw group runs with the 17.5 lipo setup. We run Jaco Spec Tires for low to mid bite carpet tracks and CRC Spec Tires for high bite.

With a 13.5 lipo setup, I would think that you would need pink/double pink to survive...LOL.
Old 02-22-2009, 06:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarryN
Huh... that makes sense. But for the sake of getting the gear ratio I wanted, 48p was where it was at, without sacrificing structural integrity.

I smell upgrades for the rear pod coming soon...

Thanks for the info guys!
You try these?

70/27 or 70/28 for 48 Pitch.
78/30 or 78/31 also.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Still Bill
Our Gen-X 10 Outlaw group runs with the 17.5 lipo setup. We run Jaco Spec Tires for low to mid bite carpet tracks and CRC Spec Tires for high bite.

With a 13.5 lipo setup, I would think that you would need pink/double pink to survive...LOL.
Thanks ...

Last edited by Goingfast; 02-23-2009 at 05:03 PM.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
You try these?

70/27 or 70/28 for 48 Pitch.
78/30 or 78/31 also.
yes I am. I am using them now.

However, I need to assemble some 4 cell packs. My car is too light using LiPo and handles like a drunken whore in church. I wish LiPo would be accepted already for 1/10 pan cars. Ugh...

I am trying to figure out if I should go softer or harder with my springs to avoid the car from flipping over. My track, The Track, is medium to high bite. Any help or info would be appreciated. I curse myself for not speaking with Team CRC there and getting their setup so I can setup my whip.

Also, does anyone have the spring hardness ratings for the purple, white, red, blue, and green springs?
Old 02-23-2009, 04:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

yes I am. I am using them now.
Also, does anyone have the spring hardness ratings for the purple, white, red, blue, and green springs?
Side Spring- Blue - Soft
Side Spring- White - Med
Side Spring- Red - firm
Side Spring- Green X-firm
Side Spring Purple XX-Firm

-=light=-
Old 02-23-2009, 09:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by light
Side Spring- Blue - Soft
Side Spring- White - Med
Side Spring- Red - firm
Side Spring- Green X-firm
Side Spring Purple XX-Firm

-=light=-
Wow, thank you very much!!

Now, one question I have is this; my CRC has excellent grip. However, I cannot turn or else I flip over. Even if I blip the throttle at the apex of the turn, my car flips over. I am running red springs in the front, white in the rear. My ride height is based off of the build instructions. Does anyone have any recommendations on what I should do? I am new to the pan car scene and I love it tremendously.

If any team CRC drivers see this post and raced at The Track on Saturday and Sunday, could you PM me what your setups were?
Old 02-23-2009, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Traction Roll
Harry N-First try reducing steering throw by using the dual rate wheel on the radio. Absent this use your endpoint adjustments to take out some steering throw. Sometimes you can turn the wheel too sharply and the car will grip too hard rather than continue around the corner. I still like the car to make about a 3 foot diameter circle both ways but maybe yours is set to a tighter circle (too much throw). This maybe all there is too it.

Next adjust the car. Stiffer springs in the front will reduce traction. You can also try preloading the front springs by screwing the kingpin on a little farther past the point where all slack is removed.

Next use softer springs in the rear; less viscous side damper lube. I don't hear the team drivers complaining the rear lacks grip so I would do this last. Sometimes adding rear grip will let the front drift better.

More caster in the front end will reduce early grip in the corners and increase mid corner grip. Maybe you have a touch to much early corner grip.

Short tires and low ride heights both lower the center of gravity and prevent traction roll. I hate to true my tires too short though. It wastes money.

Now the driving. Pan cars do not like to be jerked around. Enter the corner smoothly, roll on throttle smoothly try to maintain good speed with gentle use of your controls. You have a little more grip than you need. Take a little bigger radius through that grippy corner. For non spec racing go with a harder front tire. For spec racing glue up the sidewall of the front tires to make them effectively stiffer.

john

Last edited by John Stranahan; 02-23-2009 at 10:09 PM.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Wow, thank you very much!!

Now, one question I have is this; my CRC has excellent grip. However, I cannot turn or else I flip over. Even if I blip the throttle at the apex of the turn, my car flips over. I am running red springs in the front, white in the rear. My ride height is based off of the build instructions. Does anyone have any recommendations on what I should do? I am new to the pan car scene and I love it tremendously.

If any team CRC drivers see this post and raced at The Track on Saturday and Sunday, could you PM me what your setups were?
To start, what are:
1) Ride height (front/middle/rear)
2) Brand of tires: CRC or Jaco?
3) Sizes of tires (front/rear) in mm's
4) Glued sidewalls?

Bill
Old 02-25-2009, 06:08 AM
Tech Adept

Questions?? roll out

how do i calculate it? and how to set up it the best way?
Old 02-25-2009, 06:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Tire diameter x 3.14159 x pinion divided by spur.

D x 3.14159 x P / S = roll out

Traction Roll: glue up your sidewalls and don't use traction compound across the whole front tire - maybe 1/2 or 1/3 to avoid the traction rolls... shorter cut tires help a lot too.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:33 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

What's a good starting size to cut the Jaco tires to for asphalt f&r ?
Old 02-25-2009, 10:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Still Bill
To start, what are:
1) Ride height (front/middle/rear)
2) Brand of tires: CRC or Jaco?
3) Sizes of tires (front/rear) in mm's
4) Glued sidewalls?

Bill
John, thank you very very much for the tips. I will definitely keep them in mind when I go back to the track this weekend.

The dampeners do not have much fluid to begin with. I only used enough to cover the ridges and that was it. I covered all ridges. No additional lube was applied.

Still Bill:

1.) Front is whatever the instructions said. I believe the arm support is set at 5 degrees. The ride height is set to whatever is allowed for racing.
2.) Jaco Lilacs
3.) Rear is 52mm, front I cannot remember offhand.
4.) Light amount of glue was used to maintain the integrity of the tire.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.