Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Kansas/Missouri Racing
Indoor Carpet Racing in St Louis >

Indoor Carpet Racing in St Louis

Indoor Carpet Racing in St Louis

Old 02-05-2009, 08:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)
Arrow Indoor Carpet Racing in St Louis

Well it is official the track is going to happen.

Glide Scope Hobbies is the shop opening thew track. The current location of the store is going to stay. The adjacent stores will become the track. Preparation of the space will start next week. As 1 wall between 2 spaces will be coming down. Track operation should be in the first part of March.

Location of Shop/Track:

12508 Lusher Rd.
St. Louis Mo 63138
ph: (314)438-0505
fax: (314)438-0519

Take 270 to 367 North. Exit Parker road and continue north about a half mile. The store will be on the right side. You will see a blue Glidescope sign on the storefront.

Track size is not set in stone. But we are looking at possibly a 70x36 foot track. But not until we get the space cleared will we have exact measurements.

Ozite carpet will be the racing surface. Jack the Gripper will be the tire compound to use. The shop will have this in stock for purchase by the time the track is ready.

The road course rules will basically follow the ROAR standard when applicable. Any hybrid classes that may emerge i.e.18 scale, we will have posted rules so everyone is on the same page.

The oval rules will most likely follow the BRL (Brush less Racing League) rules.

The classes we can expect will be

Road Course

12 scale 17.5/27t brushed-13.5
10 scale touring car (sedan) 17.5-13.5 foam/rubber
WGT 13.5 4 cell (lipo possible if 21.5 2 cell is not to fast for the track)
Micro/18 scale rules to be determined

Oval

18 scale Losi slider and late model
10 scale 21.5 lipo (SMC3200)
17.5 and 13.5 4 cell
Pro mod

As the racing starts we will run what ever classes we get. We will try and have a novice class. As this info can change based on what becomes popular.

We will have an AMB lap counting system with house transponders. But personals will be encouraged. We will try to get in some of the MRT transponders that cost about $25 less than AMB.

I look forward to racing some onroad with some fast local racers.

Last edited by dodgeguy; 02-10-2009 at 05:32 PM.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 103 (98%+)

So will this be the official thread or will the Saint Louis Carpet Racing thread continue to be used for the GLIDESCOPE racing thread?

Last edited by evostyle; 02-06-2009 at 10:57 AM.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Hey you guys going to SMAC track tomorrow?? For off-road?
Old 02-06-2009, 10:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Larry and Kevin. I am assuming everyone is running NIMH in 1/12?? How about tire compounds. What are some decent compounds to get now. Pink, purple, green. I've seen they have about every color of the rainbow out now. It's been about 16 years since I've ran 1/12 but I'm looking forward to it. Colin
Old 02-06-2009, 10:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

You can go with Double pinks all around or a double pink rear with a lilac front to numb the car a little.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by chensleyrc1
Hey you guys going to SMAC track tomorrow?? For off-road?
I will be.... ooohhh SH&T... hope the internet police isn't watching.

Can't wait to get back on the carpet. Hopefully I won't be pitching it slideways at the end of the straight.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Merminator
Larry and Kevin. I am assuming everyone is running NIMH in 1/12?? How about tire compounds. What are some decent compounds to get now. Pink, purple, green. I've seen they have about every color of the rainbow out now. It's been about 16 years since I've ran 1/12 but I'm looking forward to it. Colin
What car are you planning to run? Just curious. I also remember running a purple or magenta front with gray or white rear.... damn, my memory is getting bad.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:01 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by evostyle
So will this be the official thread or will the Saint Louis Carpet Racing thread continue to be used for the GLIDESCOPE racing thread?
Larry,

This can be the Glidescope Track thread. The old thread is Chris's. We do not want to get the threads all screwed up with off topic info.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:08 PM
Tech Champion

Colin,

I have an Xray XII on the way. It should be here next week with some Jaco lilac fronts with yellow rears. I am sure we will know more when the carpet is layed and we get running on it. But those 2 are a good staring point.

We can run sub-c 12 scale. Now with the SMC single cell out there are some running this. With a t plate car you can still run this lipo. You just mount it on 1 side with the ESC on the other with weight of course.

Jimmy Piersol was running a lipo 12 scale Wednesday and it was running good. He was using a power booster on the esc for the servo.

I will try this my self when I get my lipo and power booster.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:14 PM
Tech Elite

Hopefully John and Jeff will be able to see this pic. It's the AMAIN Hobbies track. Built with ozite and the Calandra click track system.

After talking to Joe last night it looks like they are considering using 2x4 as track boarders. I know it's been used for many years, but why not just start the track out right and use this track system. It's MUCH easier to set up and tear down as they will be doing a few times a week for the OVAL. Plus the boards are hard on the cars AND the carpet. There heavy and have a better chance of being dragged across the carpet putting it at risk of being damaged.

Great pits also.

This would be the idea track if possible!!!!
Old 02-06-2009, 12:23 PM
Tech Champion

I believe we will be using Chris' PVC pipe. We will be using plastic flappers at the corners like Omaha uses. The click track is expensive for what it is on a new track with all the other costs. The owners may get the click track for this coming winter racing.

More than likely we will not use 2x4's instead 1x4's with a block in between. This has much more flex and is easier on the cars. But we will only use this design only if we need to.

The goal in the beginning is to have a nice surface. As this is always key in an on road track. The border system can not be a killer on the cars either. So my goal is to use materials that are cost effective and the function is what we need.

We will know more about pit area when we get the construction under way.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dodgeguy
I believe we will be using Chris' PVC pipe. We will be using plastic flappers at the corners like Omaha uses. The click track is expensive for what it is on a new track with all the other costs. The owners may get the click track for this coming winter racing.

More than likely we will not use 2x4's instead 1x4's with a block in between. This has much more flex and is easier on the cars. But we will only use this design only if we need to.

The goal in the beginning is to have a nice surface. As this is always key in an on road track. The border system can not be a killer on the cars either. So my goal is to use materials that are cost effective and the function is what we need.

We will know more about pit area when we get the construction under way.
Looking forward to the track either way.
Old 02-06-2009, 01:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Most likely I'll run the 12R5. I'm not against a different chassis though. Man that track Larry put pics up of is the nuts!
Old 02-06-2009, 02:16 PM
Tech Elite

Most likely I'll run the 12R5. I'm not against a different chassis though. Man that track Larry put pics up of is the nuts!
Not trying to push any certain car as I own the 12L4. Take a look at all your choices first as there are many to choose from. AE, Calandra, Hot Bodies, XRAY, SERPENT. I really like the Serpent and XRAY. They look cool anyways. I have never seen either run. May check youtube for some action.

http://www.serpent.com/product/410001

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...ame=XRAY%20XII

Get ready to paint Kevin!!!

I've got dibs on the scheme. AKA "evostyle's" new paint! No COPIES please!

Old 02-06-2009, 02:34 PM
Tech Champion

Funny how you posted that body there Larry. That is not a Speed 12B as it is posted on PF's site. I called Dale today and he did not know the website manager screwed up and put the wrong body in the wrong spot. That is actually a Speed 12.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.