Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2897Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 07:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

This is the reason for the sale lol. Too many projects!!

I have the decals from Japan for the Fw01, Tyrrel and the M23, but im waiting on a friend to see if he can make duplicates
Attached Thumbnails 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-f1s.jpg  
Old 11-27-2008, 08:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

[QUOTE=gtypecanare;5079888]Some goodies from Tamiya Fair

is it just me or do those sidewalls on the tires pictured with the anniversary kit look different than the current Tamiya foams (tamiya stars)???
Old 11-27-2008, 09:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by axle182
This is the reason for the sale lol. Too many projects!!

I have the decals from Japan for the Fw01, Tyrrel and the M23, but im waiting on a friend to see if he can make duplicates

These are nice!
Old 12-01-2008, 11:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rogier
Check this Vyger... this is your chance on a grat F103LM TRF.... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=330288170528
Hey thanks for the tip. I might just have to put in a bid on this one.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:28 AM
Tech Addict

[QUOTE=madjack;5099716]
Originally Posted by gtypecanare
Some goodies from Tamiya Fair

is it just me or do those sidewalls on the tires pictured with the anniversary kit look different than the current Tamiya foams (tamiya stars)???
I'm surprised no one else has caught that. They are way different than any other tire sidewall on the market. They have the two stars engraved in them. I'm curious if they're the same on each side and is this going to be the norm from Tamiya going forward. I wonder if Tamiya USA will adopt these tires for the TCS series???
Old 12-01-2008, 11:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vyger
...I wonder if Tamiya USA will adopt these tires for the TCS series???
From the TCS F1 rules page:
"Any Tamiya foam F1 tire may be used."

I experimented with the kit vs HBR tires at the Aliso Viejo TCS track this weekend and to my suprise really got much better traction from the kit tires dispite the HBR rear tires being much wider. Same buggy grip and sunscreen treatment, same diameters. Odd.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:09 PM
Tech Elite

My turn, My turn! Since it is F1 pics and whatever then I have a question. Tamiya is the mother of RC F1's as everybody knows. Then why do they not build a more serious F1 car than what they have? The local racers in Japan are tricking these things out in ways that would have them arrested at a TCS event for all the gizmo's they are using. The suspension ideas alone are very unique and seem to work well at getting the laptimes down. They think having a $500 4wd buggy is a good idea for the world so why not an F1 that will compete with the more serious cars out there like Corally, MLP, Alpha, RCIndycars, Hyperdrive, and a couple of others? Go ahead and discuss this amongst yourselves, I have to get a Cross F1 ready for the next race.
Old 12-02-2008, 05:25 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RaceBucks
From the TCS F1 rules page:
"Any Tamiya foam F1 tire may be used."

I experimented with the kit vs HBR tires at the Aliso Viejo TCS track this weekend and to my suprise really got much better traction from the kit tires dispite the HBR rear tires being much wider. Same buggy grip and sunscreen treatment, same diameters. Odd.
I was actually talking about them adopting the twin-star imprinted tire as TCS tire of choice. It wouldn't be the first time Tamiya has announced one rule then changed it to help make the racing more even and the cars easier to tech.

As for your experiment at the Tamiya track, kit tires have always been the tire of choice for the rear of the car...at that track. HBR medium fronts work the best with those rears. I know the guys there use to use WD-40 and Sun Screen 30 as the sauce combo. I'm not sure if that still works out there or not.
Old 12-02-2008, 05:31 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mxrich
My turn, My turn! Since it is F1 pics and whatever then I have a question. Tamiya is the mother of RC F1's as everybody knows. Then why do they not build a more serious F1 car than what they have? The local racers in Japan are tricking these things out in ways that would have them arrested at a TCS event for all the gizmo's they are using. The suspension ideas alone are very unique and seem to work well at getting the laptimes down. They think having a $500 4wd buggy is a good idea for the world so why not an F1 that will compete with the more serious cars out there like Corally, MLP, Alpha, RCIndycars, Hyperdrive, and a couple of others? Go ahead and discuss this amongst yourselves, I have to get a Cross F1 ready for the next race.
That's a really GOOD question. I think they tried it with the F201 (whoops) but that didn't really pick up any momentum. I would love to see Tamiya throw their hat in the ring to compete with some of the more hardcore, racing developed chassis.

I'd love to see some pics of the cars from Japan. I've seen video of them racing and the cars are hooked up, but there's not allot out there about what their doing. If you come across anything please feel free to share with the rest of us.
Old 12-02-2008, 05:45 PM
Tech Addict

Here's some pics of the McLaren MP4/7 I finally completed over the Thanksgiving weekend. AHHH I love long weekends.

Old 12-03-2008, 01:15 PM
Tech Elite

Vyger, contact Marty about that. He has almost a complete documentary of sorts about what they do to the F103's in Japan. Some REALLY impressive designs coming from local racers with ideas for every part of the cars. Some are brilliant others are just plain wild. But all seem to be very good. Make no mistake though, this years F1 cup is going to be butt wild with other companies entering and the rules are still the same...no rules other than having an F1 car entered. No weight limits, no motor limits, no limits on design or materials used to build the cars. Should be fun...again! I wish I had gotten a video of what happened at the first one. One of the Hyperdrives was going so fast on the straight that he ripped both side air dams off the rear wing. It went from super fast F1 car to superfast pinball in a micro second. The poor guy hit 4 walls before he could get it stopped, what a mess!
Old 12-03-2008, 01:32 PM
Tech Addict

I'd love to see some of those setups. That would suck to have a car get away like that. Usually it's because someone turns on the damn radio.

MARTY!!!
Is this true? Do you have this information? Would you mind sharing it? Will you send it to me? Do you have pics? Am I asking to many questions?
Old 12-04-2008, 11:47 PM
Tech Addict

Posted this sad news on the F103RM thread, Honda is withdrawing from F1.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

anybody know what servo was installed here? been trying to fit a servo on my kit vertically but the hole on the topdeck (Cross CF01'08) isn't wide enough to fit a Sanwa WRX or Futaba 9650... was hoping to do this without having to trim any material from the top deck...

thanks!

Old 12-07-2008, 07:31 AM
Tech Elite

Just a sidenote here. We are forming a new spec class in the F1 AllStar tour this year for F103's and all of it's clones, Cross, Duratrax, etc. The new MLP MP3/8 has been declared legal for this class. The sad part is that it's the car Tamiya should have built but did not. Can't wait to see how it does in 2009.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.