Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 04:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Here is where I get my logic. I know it is Xray, but it is more about the set up theory. Page 24 I think it talks about Roll Centers and Center of Gravity. Check it out, This has pretty much always made my car do what it claims.

T2 Set up book
http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...09%20US%20Foam

RedRocket
Old 11-26-2008, 04:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedRocketRacing
Here is where I get my logic. I know it is Xray, but it is more about the set up theory. Page 24 I think it talks about Roll Centers and Center of Gravity. Check it out, This has pretty much always made my car do what it claims.

T2 Set up book
http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...09%20US%20Foam

RedRocket
Did you read that before or after you made the changes?
Old 11-26-2008, 04:46 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RCSteve93
Did you read that before or after you made the changes?
Read this about three years ago. Gone by it ever since. I believe the RC is one of the most aggressive changes that you can make. If you are traction rolling, this is what you change. If you are washing out in the middle of the corner, this is what you change. It is very important to get the RC good. Spend a day doing nothing but RC changes and see what you like. It is real good to know. Hopefully your car chages easily.

RedRocket
Old 11-28-2008, 08:17 AM
Tech Initiate

Hey guys thank you for your good replies. I tested with roll center a little more and found that the with high front and low rear is very good combination for outdoor asphalt and I think I will stick with this.

Now i do have another question: I have a problem with the car rear end becoming unsettle when flying thru sweeper after a straightaway. For some reason in high speed corners like sweeper, I have to let off, because if I dont, the rear end of the car gets loose, which I dont know why. Instead going thru big sweeper at full throttle like most other guys, I have to let off and use only 3/4 throttle. Some guys tell me it's because rear is losing contact with ground because I have little droop? I use 2mm droop above ride front and rear. Why is the car doing this and how can I fix it? thanks guys
Old 11-28-2008, 08:10 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Adis
Hey guys thank you for your good replies. I tested with roll center a little more and found that the with high front and low rear is very good combination for outdoor asphalt and I think I will stick with this.

Now i do have another question: I have a problem with the car rear end becoming unsettle when flying thru sweeper after a straightaway. For some reason in high speed corners like sweeper, I have to let off, because if I dont, the rear end of the car gets loose, which I dont know why. Instead going thru big sweeper at full throttle like most other guys, I have to let off and use only 3/4 throttle. Some guys tell me it's because rear is losing contact with ground because I have little droop? I use 2mm droop above ride front and rear. Why is the car doing this and how can I fix it? thanks guys

A car being loose there are probably 6 or so adjustments that you can make to the car. The droop they might be refering to is actually the front cause you are under power going into the sweeper. If you allow the front of the car to rotate more weight to the back of the car it might help a little bit. The idea would be to get more camber gain in the car without allowing the car to transfer too side to side weight too fast. You can start with upper camber links and lowering them on the tower or adding shims to the hub. If the car is becoming irratic I would check my shock oil. Make sure you don't have too much oil in the shock to where you have created a pack feel in them. This is when the rebound just shoots back out. If your shock are packed this can cause a really bad side to side ittatic feel. They should just rebound nice and slow and smooth. Most guys only run about 50% rebound in there shocks. Also try a 50 or 60 weight oil to slow the weight transfer of the car, if the grip is atleast medium. Try some of this stuff, also check out the link that I posted up above for the setup book from Xray.

How are the Losi's doing in Cleveland?

RedRocekt
Old 11-29-2008, 06:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

i just got an new kit and i canht get the diffs to go toghether.i built a kit last year about this time and had no problems with it.some of the guys that have built new kits tecently warned me that the diff spring is to long and wont let it screw toghether.so after looking at it i noticed that if i just try to put the diff screw in the hub that the screw is not even long enouph to reach the other side...looks like i will need about a 1/4 inch...

any ideas on why they are like that?
Old 11-29-2008, 06:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by morris
i just got an new kit and i canht get the diffs to go toghether.i built a kit last year about this time and had no problems with it.some of the guys that have built new kits tecently warned me that the diff spring is to long and wont let it screw toghether.so after looking at it i noticed that if i just try to put the diff screw in the hub that the screw is not even long enouph to reach the other side...looks like i will need about a 1/4 inch...

any ideas on why they are like that?
Sounds like you did get a kit with the wrong spring, you're going to have the the right one for it to work, I'm sure horizon will send out the right part for free.
Old 11-29-2008, 06:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

They could have packaged the wrong screws in your kit. People have made claims they either got wrong parts or are missing parts in their kits. Contact Horizon and get it taken care of.
Old 11-29-2008, 07:10 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Yeti35
They could have packaged the wrong screws in your kit. People have made claims they either got wrong parts or are missing parts in their kits. Contact Horizon and get it taken care of.
how long ar the diff screws to be?
these look to be no more than 1 inch long.
the spring seeems to be about 1/2 long.
Old 11-29-2008, 07:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The spring should be a short silver one, if you have a longer black one it is the wrong spring.
Old 11-29-2008, 07:59 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rcracingkid
The spring should be a short silver one, if you have a longer black one it is the wrong spring.
yea there was 2 black ones in there.
mike-do you know how long the diff screw should be?
Old 11-29-2008, 09:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The springs in my recent kit were the same. A longer black as opposed to the short silver. The long black is for the genII offroad diffs I believe, but the one you need is the same as used in the xxx-cr diffs.
Old 11-29-2008, 12:02 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by JoelV
The springs in my recent kit were the same. A longer black as opposed to the short silver. The long black is for the genII offroad diffs I believe, but the one you need is the same as used in the xxx-cr diffs.
as for the springs i definately have the black ones.as for the diff screw being wrong it has to be.i measured it and its 1inch long.when i drop it in the slot its about a 1/4 short before it will even meet up with the otherside.
how long are they supposse to be?
Old 11-29-2008, 06:57 PM
Tech Champion

i got it figured out...thx for the help guys.
Old 11-30-2008, 03:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm after a setup ofr linoleum (kind of plastic, used on old indoor basket field ... figure it at http://www.armstrong.com/resflram/na...-linoleum.html)
Tyres are mandatory Schumacher Dragon 24mm.

Any body has an experience to share?

Last time I raced there with a Cyclone, I was a soft as possible...

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.