D8 or 808, mbx6, mp9, 2.0 >

D8 or 808, mbx6, mp9, 2.0

D8 or 808, mbx6, mp9, 2.0

Old 11-17-2008, 05:12 PM
D8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Lovin the 808, I'm hooked on XRAY for life. I even got a partial sponsorship from an On-line XRAY dealer. Not a driving sponsorship. I help them with their web-site, and they give me Kits and parts at cost, for HUDY and XRAY stuff.

Send me a PM when your ready to come out. I'll hit you back with my phone Number, so we can make all the arrangements. I'll even come and get ya at the airport. Peace, James
I will keep you posted Jimmy.. yeah come on!!! what engine are u running on the 808 beast?
Old 11-17-2008, 05:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Buy whaever your LHS supports, you will be amazed how good it is to have the LHS carry all the spares.
My self I run a RC8 last year a great buggy, but that front end....
now I run a NEW yes new MBX5R and I love it, I also have a MBX6 great car, by the way the weight diference is not what all that much, and no, I am not faster with the MBX6 (i am not that good). but I like the Mugens reliability.
You can make any buggy handle like the next one if you understand setups, and setup the car for your driving stille not what works for someone else at the worlds or whatever it was. I have run Pirate M1, Mugen Super Athlete,
Inferno the original, Inferno MP6, AE RC8, Mugen MBX5R and MBX6 and they all handel the same, SETUP is the key
Old 11-17-2008, 08:01 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by D8
relax Jack!!! how do I know the information?? easy.. the team drivers post their information in the New Hot Bodies D8 thread, we ask and they reply
Just another drool cup retard that buys into the " Team Driver" hype. If I told you that I was a pro football player and I played for the Detroit Lions and said we were the greatest of all times, you would believe it? I only ask this because have you ever thought that they are a little bias. Probably not, because they are all stand up guys thats not promoting a product. Shhhhhh dont tell anyone this its just between me and you its called "Marketing" please dont let that out the whole RC industry will go under like the stock market. But what do I know. Like I said did you want that change back for your 2 cents?

infanterene- Wow crawl back under the rock you came from. I wear big boys caps. And that makes you not worthy, skippy.

But once again every car is going to have its ups and downs. Really should just find the one you can get parts for and meets your driving style.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:13 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DWood
Just another drool cup retard that buys into the " Team Driver" hype. If I told you that I was a pro football player and I played for the Detroit Lions and said we were the greatest of all times, you would believe it? I only ask this because have you ever thought that they are a little bias. Probably not, because they are all stand up guys thats not promoting a product. Shhhhhh dont tell anyone this its just between me and you its called "Marketing" please dont let that out the whole RC industry will go under like the stock market. But what do I know. Like I said did you want that change back for your 2 cents?

infanterene- Wow crawl back under the rock you came from. I wear big boys caps. And that makes you not worthy, skippy.

But once again every car is going to have its ups and downs. Really should just find the one you can get parts for and meets your driving style.
Dude you need to chill! You're getting way too nasty about a silly thing like RC cars. focus your energy into something WAYYYYYY more important.

and why would team drivers lie about what the differences were with their buggies over the stock ones? I would think the sponsors would not like their drivers lying to consumers about the product.

How did this thing get so far out of hand anyway? Please relax, this is soooo not worth it.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:43 PM
Tech Addict

LOL!

Ok,, back on track here....

Lets just say again,.. as with most things,... you get what you pay for! Don't buy the low ball buggy, don't but the high ball buggy, but rather go with an in between such as Xray, Mugen, Losi 2.0... etc. So long as you can get parts if needed. I will say,.. with the Xray you wont need many parts.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:47 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Dude you need to chill! You're getting way too nasty about a silly thing like RC cars. focus your energy into something WAYYYYYY more important.

and why would team drivers lie about what the differences were with their buggies over the stock ones? I would think the sponsors would not like their drivers lying to consumers about the product.

How did this thing get so far out of hand anyway? Please relax, this is soooo not worth it.
Read the post. I stated a fact he didnt like, so he went out of his way to try and dispell the truth. The car that you buy from the shop isnt in no way going to be as close to the one that won the worlds. As far as the team drivers lieing. I never said that. I am sure that they tell the truth about what changes have done to the car. But it wouldnt be good buisness for a company to say " Well we won the worlds with a car you cant own" when they are trying sell a product. That is called marketing. Its sells better when people such as D8 think they can run down to the shop and buy the car Hara won with. Then on the topic of team drivers. Im sure that they wont come out and say " well the car I drive is a POS and I wish I could get better" so here we are in this stupid debate over a $350 lowend buggy. I was stating the facts so the topic starter can understand the facts. Me myself only play in the highend because you get what you pay for. Not trying to get into a flames war but never shy away from the challenge.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

I've owned one Xray and those guys don't mess around. Quality stuff. But that's just it......you can get sucked into any car if you talk about it long enough.

It always comes down to......what are you going to do when it breaks??

You can....

Walk in the hobby shop
Bum off your friend who has the same car
Stock $200 worth of exotic a-arms and bolts from England in your toolbox

I chose the hobby shop route this time around. Plus I'm trying to support them now, and avoid Amain or Tower, even though they are cheaper. I'm a saint I know.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:59 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I'm feeling the same way about LHS. Ordering on-line is cheeper, but its only great until you have a problem. We are about to get our first Hobby shop here in AZ that will sell around the same price as A-main, etc. Long live OneHobbies

PS. I don't stock $200 worth of extra parts for my 808. The damn thing is indestructible! If you ever see me drive it, you would buy another one, just out of pure amazement that I can crash it so bad, time, and time again, and not break anything!
Old 11-17-2008, 11:46 PM
Tech Addict

+2
Yep, I finished 17 races in a row with my 808, no DNS/DNF's! I can keep my spare parts in one 1/2 full freezer zip lock bag. With this buggy you have time to see what you need to order, because things wear out before they break. I've NEVER broken an arm, and rarely need any parts at all. Screws, Bearings, and Clutch parts, thats about it. Stock $200 dollars worth of exotic parts.... LOL,.. ya right, wont need that if you run Xray.

Also its good to support LHS, but they aren't located at every track, in fact very few tracks out here in CA have fully stocked shops at them. Most racers bring what they need with them to run. I'm past the point of backing local hobby shops at my own expense,... yep,.. over it. This weekend I walked into my LHS to pick up a 15 tooth clutch bell (in any brand),... nope didn't have one, and you would think thats a simple thing to stock..! So I went home, ordered the exact part I wanted for less money online. Its just the way things are going, and I race too much to rely purely on my LHS's for all my gear.

Pick the car you want to run and get behind the brand, but stick to the tried and tested models.

just my $.00000001 cents... LOL!
Old 11-18-2008, 03:28 AM
Tin
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by CarCrazy
+2
Yep, I finished 17 races in a row with my 808, no DNS/DNF's! I can keep my spare parts in one 1/2 full freezer zip lock bag. With this buggy you have time to see what you need to order, because things wear out before they break. I've NEVER broken an arm, and rarely need any parts at all. Screws, Bearings, and Clutch parts, thats about it. Stock $200 dollars worth of exotic parts.... LOL,.. ya right, wont need that if you run Xray.

Also its good to support LHS, but they aren't located at every track, in fact very few tracks out here in CA have fully stocked shops at them. Most racers bring what they need with them to run. I'm past the point of backing local hobby shops at my own expense,... yep,.. over it. This weekend I walked into my LHS to pick up a 15 tooth clutch bell (in any brand),... nope didn't have one, and you would think thats a simple thing to stock..! So I went home, ordered the exact part I wanted for less money online. Its just the way things are going, and I race too much to rely purely on my LHS's for all my gear.

Pick the car you want to run and get behind the brand, but stick to the tried and tested models.

just my $.00000001 cents... LOL!

Well, you cant say that about every hobby shops. SOme have a higher inventory and good stocking than others. In So. Cal there are many hobby shops that carry a wide array or spare parts. Yes, I seen some thats straight out MSRP but there are a few is below .net and ebay prices. Best thing is to go to the local tracks and talk to the team or local drivers on their input on the car. Hang around and watch how it performs. Its pretty much all comes down to the drivers skill. All the factory drivers are top notch. They all have their ups and downs. Hara will win worlds, Cody will win that, Adam there, etc. Dont rely on who wins what to make your decision on what to buy. To me one of the most important thing to picking a car is parts support from your LHS. I currently drive a MP9 but have owned OFNA, Hot Bodies, Losi, and Tamiya. I seen drivers break parts all the time but that same part dont break on mines and I brake parts that others dont. On my MP9, it took a good 8 feet drop to a cart wheel to break a front lower arm and I still manage to drive it off the track. That I think is durable. So you wont go wrong with any car, it just takes the right setup and practice, practice, practice. Thats the Key.

Tin
Old 11-18-2008, 03:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

Originally Posted by CarCrazy
LOL!

Ok,, back on track here....

Lets just say again,.. as with most things,... you get what you pay for! Don't buy the low ball buggy, don't but the high ball buggy, but rather go with an in between such as Xray, Mugen, Losi 2.0... etc. So long as you can get parts if needed. I will say,.. with the Xray you wont need many parts.

I love it! Thanks Kyosho for making my 808 a MIDDLE OF THE ROAD priced buggy! LOL
Old 11-18-2008, 03:54 AM
Tech Master

Well my 808 order has been placed. Decision was made easy for me when the Mugen went up by around $100 (£50 in blighty).

Simple thinking on my part goes like this

MP9 No one runs one locally at all, no kyosho here at all, would I honestly spend that on a kit NO!

D8 Again no one using one locally, But I have heard some very positive stuff about the buggy.Personally would have liked a more modern looking drive train, captured CVD pins etc. Don't like the idea of being the test pilot in my area.

MBX6 yet again no one in my area races one, BUT I Was really fancying a go with this, Price was right and having had an MBX5R I knew the build quality was going to be there. Then the price hike and I dont honestly believe its any better than an 808.

808 3 people in my area race these. ALL go well and I've yet to see one DNF. Lightest of the light buggys. Modern design. Price is VERY right. good parts support and it's also increadably well thought out and put together.

So there ya go, my thoughts on how I came to ordering the 808

Rod
Old 11-18-2008, 04:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Good choice, enjoy the build and buggy
Old 11-18-2008, 05:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Hi I have just finished building my 808 the attention to detail the quality the fine detailed manual that comes with it has blown me away, I am even thinking of shifting to xray onroad nitro cause the quality is superb.enjoy!
cheers
Old 11-18-2008, 05:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

You are going to love the 808 build. Great instructions and no cutting parts off tree's. Try to get one of the updated ones with the new tank, bearings, etc.

I had DNF's with the 808.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.