Like Tree65Likes

TC3 Forum

Old 09-03-2003, 11:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

RBLove: please contact me per e-mail.

So far I can say that it seems to be nearly impossible to ship this thing to the US for a adequate price.
UPS charges $93,70,- for shipping only. I donīt know who should affort that !
Iīm still looking for a cheaper and easier method.
Also payment handling is a problem too.

But hey: If someone comes and visits me in Vienna in the near future, donīt forget to buy a milled TC3 chassis as souvenir.
Old 09-03-2003, 11:30 PM
Tech Master

Manfredo, Will you then be calling it a mozart-style- mill (due to its great composition) LOL
for the tourists...

Looks really great!

Do you ever mill anything on request?
Old 09-04-2003, 06:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default negative kick/anti dive with spool/locked diff

Iīve looked at the seputp sheet of Masami at the Reedy race where all drivers had to use a locked front diff instead of a one way. He also uses 2°anti dive up front.
I also want to try a spool and have allready purchased a IRS one.
@all: do you think 2° anti dive is the way to go with a spool ? I want to run it with rubber tires on asphalt.
Has anyone experience with spools ?

@pizzadude: I think I will rename the chassis. this could be a totally new marketing strategy !!!

M.
Old 09-04-2003, 07:13 AM
Tech Master

Bubbles wrote:
differences, the spool pushes a lot more than the oneway entering the corners, while it is the same while exiting the corners
Thanks for lettting me know the difference between the one-way and the spool, Bubbles. What difference do these have compared to the diff?

proudwinner wrote:
By all means use a spool when tracks DO NOT allow the use of one-ways.
Why would tracks NOT allow it? It's just a tuning item... or is it the answer to the mysteries of the universe?
Old 09-04-2003, 07:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

turn n burn-the reason some tracks/events ban the one-ways is because you dont have brakes when racing in traffic and a lot of "take-outs" can occur and all the guilty driver has to say is-I couldnt slow down!!! ONe-way
Old 09-04-2003, 08:09 AM
Tech Master

heheh...

You can't slow down = you can't drive the car with your current setup = maybe you shouldn't be running the one-way

Thanks for the info, Ray.
Old 09-04-2003, 09:36 AM
Tech Elite

julio its not that you dont have the car set up wrong what happens is that under race conditions the adrenaline is run high and when your in the middle of a dog fight against another racer some people dont know how to checkup on the car in front of them and respect their line into the corner.
running a spool gives you better control and makes the car easier to drive, but the guy that will hit you with the oneway is still going to hit you with a spool , or diff. some guys like myself like it because you can come up hard onto a coner slam the brakes and dive under someone to make a pass going into a corner plus a well setup car running a spool is faster than a oneway 80% of the time because its easier to drive.
Old 09-04-2003, 10:19 AM
Tech Master

That and some tracks are so small one-ways just creat problems-especially if you tap that brake!
Old 09-04-2003, 12:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

turnnburn- its not that the car set up or driver is bad. Infact, if the car's set up is fast, it makes it more of a problem. Since most fast cars have a ton of steering. When you check up or tap the brake while driving a one-way, you basically only have 100% rear brake bias, which even if you are in a straight line almost always make the rear end swap ends with the front. Also any type of slowing down with a one way causes and excess of weight transpher to the front of the car, and instead of steering caused by the one way "pulling" the car through the corner, instead you have mechanical off power grip in the front and thus the back end will come around.

which actually, is generally the case in full scale racing. You cannot let off in the middle of a corner, or else the weight will tranpher to the front suddenly and you will spin out. whereas in 10th sedans, you wont spin out, you will just have more useable steering.
Old 09-04-2003, 01:44 PM
Tech Master

Well, the comment was with tongue-in-cheek... hope I didn't offend anyone.

Anyway, thanks for the help guys. I guess I'll pick one up and see whether or not it suits my driving style.
Old 09-04-2003, 03:07 PM
Tech Elite

in full scale cars there are a few methods not to cause the car to unsettle to hard going into a corner one of them is called trail brake basically you applying preasure slowly going into the corner causing the car to rotate some its something thats done especially when youre car has an understeering problem and another is heell toe which is braking and keeping the car accelerated while down shifting as to not unsettle the car (tranfering whieght to fast ) entering the corner. i raced scca road racing for a brief expensive stint and it taught me a lot about set ups and tactics which i've applied to rc and its made me better than before i raced the reall thing you should pick up some of the full scale racing books on how to drive you ll be surprised on how much it will help you in r/c
Old 09-04-2003, 03:24 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: negative kick/anti dive with spool/locked diff

Originally posted by Manfredo
want to run it with rubber tires on asphalt.
Has anyone experience with spools ?
Hey Manfredo, yes I run modified with a spool, and i am running the 2 degrees kickup=the front the front A-Arm is at a positive 2 degree angle,
I worked well...
The above, with
.5 degrees tow out in front,
1.5camber all the way around,
6 front droop(number on droop gauge)
4 rear droop,
2 degrees rear anti-squat(front of rear a arm is at positive 2 degree angle)
2 degrees rear toe-in,
0 degree caster block,
shortest wheelbase possible,
30 wt. oil all around,
number 2 pistons all around,
silver springs on rear with upper position on middle hole and lower position on out side hole
gold springs in front with upper position on out side hole and lower position on outside hole,
front inner camber link set at upper and inner hole
rear is same
outer camber link is at factory settings,

and yes that was with the FRONT shock tower on the front, i am next going to try the rear on the front with the blue spring set-up

Gearing was at 72/20 with 10x1 on a medium sized track (about 120x60)
Have fun,
Old 09-04-2003, 06:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

I believe that at the 2003 Reedy Race Of Champions they didn't allow the use of a front one way in your car. But than again I may be mistaken .
Old 09-04-2003, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

no you are correct, and if I am not MISTAKEN, then i believe ROAR, is making it illegal
Old 09-04-2003, 09:25 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by racerdx6
I believe that at the 2003 Reedy Race Of Champions they didn't allow the use of a front one way in your car. But than again I may be mistaken .
yes, down here in southern california the guys were practicing like months before the reedy race with spools(rod c., dave b., and other socalers) it made some interesting passing in the corners, and they were doing about the same lap times as they would with a oneway.

it was fun watching the cars pass into first corners with out bumping into one another and taking each other out(not that we down here are bad drivers or anything, just that some of the people dont like to wait and they force the issue before they should and they crash into people. NOTE: THIS IS ONLY FOR SPORTSMAN AT SOCAL, NOT ANY PRO CLASS)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.