Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2003, 12:51 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Randman
Wow, the arms are alloy as well?!? Didn't realize that.
arms alloy I have 3 sets of them and some spares and none are alloy
Attached Thumbnails Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3-pal-arms.jpg  

Last edited by Ko Racer; 09-02-2003 at 12:59 PM.
Old 09-02-2003, 02:15 PM
Tech Regular

Hey guys,

I must say that my brother's car looks so sweet and runs great after I tinkered with it this morning. I think I might join you guys soon. I've got some ideas on redoing some of the tuning works on the suspension so I'll get to work on the CAD system and let you all know when its done.

Happy Racing!

Jimmy
Old 09-02-2003, 02:22 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Jimmy Fukuyama
Hey guys,

I must say that my brother's car looks so sweet and runs great after I tinkered with it this morning. I think I might join you guys soon. I've got some ideas on redoing some of the tuning works on the suspension so I'll get to work on the CAD system and let you all know when its done.

Happy Racing!

Jimmy
ah now jimmy tell us what your up too
Old 09-02-2003, 02:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by Randman
Wow, the arms are alloy as well?!? Didn't realize that.
no no no/// then arms are "VERY" hard...but there not alloy

-Dave
Old 09-02-2003, 02:30 PM
Tech Champion

Hey guys,

Happy Racing!

Jimmy
Interseting to say the least ... if what your working on is good..you might have a market in the JApan area too

-Dave
Old 09-02-2003, 04:47 PM
Tech Regular

Default Mid span set up

Ok Dave,
may give the mid span set up a whirl, any other changes needed to run it mid span????

Got the Yoke bladder shock caps coming on thursday so more improvements there.
How to I go about ordering short shock bodies for my Web then Dave??????

And while im on one, is there a Pal conversion with just the top and lower deck???? and will i need a new motor mount???? (I bet they dont do it in Orange either do they?!?!?)

Some of the team drivers over here have modified the shock towers on their Yoke Sd's by getting new ones made with the upper shock mounting holes lowered by 3 mm, it helps get ride height down avoiding excessive take up in the spring which makes the car lop around when changing direction. Their cars sure change direction quickly as a result. Just a thought, anyone tried it???????

Gaz
Old 09-02-2003, 06:35 PM
Tech Elite

I think the only change for mid span is the suspension arms, just mount them on the optional holes in the chassis.

You after a stiffer chassis? what surface do you run on?
The Pal A type conversion has a split in the top deck where the motor mounts, so you'll definetly need the motor mount too, I'm sure Dave will tell you how to get one Tangoed

I wouldn't think lower shock mounting positions would work well for the cuda, the rear aleady has a problem when using long shock bodies, if anything they could do with them being 3mm higher. Make the front towers shorter and I think we'd start running into the same problem that the rear has.
Old 09-02-2003, 08:02 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Mid span set up

Originally posted by Gazza_D
Ok Dave,
may give the mid span set up a whirl, any other changes needed to run it mid span????

Got the Yoke bladder shock caps coming on thursday so more improvements there.
How to I go about ordering short shock bodies for my Web then Dave??????

And while im on one, is there a Pal conversion with just the top and lower deck???? and will i need a new motor mount???? (I bet they dont do it in Orange either do they?!?!?)

Some of the team drivers over here have modified the shock towers on their Yoke Sd's by getting new ones made with the upper shock mounting holes lowered by 3 mm, it helps get ride height down avoiding excessive take up in the spring which makes the car lop around when changing direction. Their cars sure change direction quickly as a result. Just a thought, anyone tried it???????

Gaz
.. The PAL chassis set will come with the motor mount...and all the drive hardware... it's a "VERY" stiff chassis..

Because I just finished up My 1st Xenon Chassis kit last night and it has hardly any flex/twist in the chassis vice the normal chassis and upper deck ... I think when I test this out on fiday my lap times will be faster

and as for the Orange shock bodies.... They still make them...

-Dave
Old 09-02-2003, 08:06 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Herminator
I think the only change for mid span is the suspension arms, just mount them on the optional holes in the chassis.

You after a stiffer chassis? what surface do you run on?
The Pal A type conversion has a split in the top deck where the motor mounts, so you'll definetly need the motor mount too, I'm sure Dave will tell you how to get one Tangoed

a slightly thicker oil or a couple spring rates up would be a good starting point ... a 1.4x5.50 spring would be good and 35w up front and 30w in the rear with a 1.2 pistion..

and as for the PAL chassis in Orange.... Very hard to get done now.....(not saying that it can be done...but.) since PAL had stoped the Orange stuff for a bit I had to get 60+ pieces color changed just so they could do a run of Orange.. ( PAL Web drives)

-Dave
Old 09-02-2003, 10:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default School of Fish

Yum... I done caught me a net full of fish

Hehe great racing with you guys tonight. I'm just here to rub it in
Old 09-02-2003, 10:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Ko Racer
ah now jimmy tell us what your up too
The shock configuration seemed a little ackward and long rear shock bodies doesn't jive with the distance to rebound or pivoting. I'm thinking this can be corrected and placement can be rearranged a little with a better shock tower design and some nice yokomo shocks? just mixing things in my head at this point. I could be wrong. Dan's car handles great, but not sensitive enough for me.

Anybody ever had problem with those pivot balls holding the arms when dust or dirt get into them? Wouldn't it be great to use conventional hinge pins and c-clip spacers to adjust the toe-ins much easier? while allowing anti-squat action during acceleration and braking? again, just a thought.

I'm thinking taking the best of Yokomo, XRAY and and the new Corally, I can make this car shot out a corner with it's one-way shaft and front. I'll have to test it some more so nothing definate at this point but looks like a really sweet car to work on.

Jimmy
Old 09-02-2003, 10:59 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: School of Fish

Originally posted by rtypec

uh oh! looks like you pulled a win on them. i've been wanting to see you drive since Dan's always telling me there this guy at the track...........hehehehehehehehe...

Jimmy
Old 09-02-2003, 11:37 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Hey guys,

Happy Racing!

Jimmy
I was talking to Dan today at the track, he mentioned that you were impressed with the car Hopefully you can redesign some of the stuff to reduce understeer
Old 09-02-2003, 11:39 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Default Re: School of Fish

Originally posted by rtypec

I'm workin on the setup Rod, much closer to you than I was last week

How good do you expect me to be with a 1 way on the right front, and a spool on the right left Reminds me... I need to order a new 1 way
Old 09-02-2003, 11:41 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Default Re: Re: School of Fish

uh oh! looks like you pulled a win on them. i've been wanting to see you drive since Dan's always telling me there this guy at the track...........hehehehehehehehe...

Jimmy
You should come to the track Jimmy, I'd be glad to let you run my car, propably a bit twitchier than Dan's...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.