Wiki Posts
Search

Onroad Newbie w/?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 06:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Questions?? Onroad Newbie w/?

Hey Guys! I've been running nitro offroad for awhile now and decided to try nitro onroad. I went and bought a PowerRacing XR-80. It's a rtr....but the price was right for me. What I'm wanting to know is, I have a few offroad .21's and the engine that came with the rtr is a bitch to start being it has this weird oneway bearing starter shaft thing!LOL! Anyway,m I want to know if any of my offroad motor's would work for bashing around in the parking lots? We don't even have a track here, so parking lot bashing is all I would be doing. And if it is possible, will I need different motor mounts as all my engines are bump starts? I really want to run this thing and really need some advise. Like I said.....I am TOTALLY new to everything onroad. So ANY advise regarding onroad period would be most appreciated! Thanks, Curt.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

gday mate dunno much about your car, just try and see if it fits in there, if they are all bump start engines just set ur box up for this car simple.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Newbe to on road

The XR80 motor mounts for the shaft stater will not work for a bump start motor. You would need the one piece motor mount which is a little shorter for the bump start motor to work.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:12 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the replies Guys! brc358....are these motor mounts available? And if so, do you have a link to where to get them? Was wondering also if you had a chance to see if you had those CF shock towers for the XR-80? Lemme know and what you want for them. Thanks again Guys!
Old 06-13-2008, 04:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default XR80

I did what your talking about and had no problem. The engine that comes with it is pretty fast and you can use a starter box with it.
Old 06-13-2008, 05:15 PM
Tech Regular

Yeah I wanna try the motor out, but the damn oneway bearing is shot in the shaft that the guy sold me. I'm not a big fan of this type of setup.but I guess thats expected from RTR. Well I think I'm gonna give the box a try and see what I can do. Thanks for the info Brah!