Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
CEO Power mods , anyone done the engine mod? >

CEO Power mods , anyone done the engine mod?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CEO Power mods , anyone done the engine mod?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 09:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hopper99
Maximo,
Please tell me how you know what the CEO engines are and are not modded for? Are you assuming that since your particular C6 is slow that that is CEO's intention? Did Chris tell you that himself? Please get you facts straight before you misinform any more people on these forums. If your CEO C6 is slow then I think there is somthing wrong with it. All of the engines that CEO mods will have more power, better fuel mileage and a smooth powerband.

Check the Sgrid forums thread #89 for some real, unbiased feedback on CEO modified engines.

If anyone has any questions about any of Chris O'Donnell's (CEO) work feel free to email or call him. His contact info is on the Ceopowermods site.

Hopper
+1
Old 03-02-2008, 06:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Cool

I concur, I just got my engine back from CEO and it is Awsome!!
Old 03-02-2008, 11:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I got back a couple of motors that CEO did up for me and just can't wait to run them. I did decide to pull one apart to see what was done, I pull every motor I get apart (new or used) to see what is where. The mod Chris did on the crank was different than what I have seen before and called him about it just for the fun of it. He said that was the way he does it and I need not worry. I have seen many of his motors run and they all run fast, so I doubt I have much to worry about, but was happy to see that kind of work for what I have paid more for elsewhere. Give CEO a shot, its worth it.
Old 03-09-2008, 12:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i've tried asking questions directed to ceopowermods support email.

basically i'm not impressed so far, but most feedback from people
who have used the service seems very positive.

i wrote him a paragraph of questions,
and 4 days later i got a one sentance reply.
not even answering all my questions.

tried to email him 2 more times, and its been 5 days since.
no reply.

is this the type of service to expect from ceopowermods?

really all i was asking the guy was what exactly do i need
to send in, which now i know is just the engine. no glow plug etc.

also, do you pay for the return shipping after the mod is done?
does he contact you with a bill for that or what?

thanks for any info.

i would also except alternative engine break in links,
as customer inquiry should be pretty high on someones list.
its really easy to take 30 seconds to answer an email, ya know :/
Old 03-09-2008, 12:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

please delete !!!

Last edited by Maximo; 03-16-2008 at 01:55 PM.
Old 03-09-2008, 12:41 PM
Tech Champion

please delete !

Last edited by Maximo; 03-16-2008 at 01:56 PM.
Old 03-09-2008, 02:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Chris is at the Silver State Nitro race right now, probably been there since at least wed.

Yes you pay for return shipping and he usually has you palpal it to him.
Old 03-09-2008, 02:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeff Ford
Chris is at the Silver State Nitro race right now, probably been there since at least wed.

Yes you pay for return shipping and he usually has you palpal it to him.
ah thanks, must be why im getting no reply
Old 03-09-2008, 04:44 PM
Tech Master

It is also the time when 2 of the big Nitro races happen, The Nitro Challenge followed by now this weekend the Silver State. I talked to him a couple weeks ago when he was doing my sons engines and he was swamped with work from these 2 big races coming up.

Best bet is to call him in the late afternoon or evening, he seems to be a night owl..
Old 03-12-2008, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

Maximo,
I fully understand every modder will mod a motor to what they feel is the best they can get out of it. From what I have seen thus far many modders will over time try to perfect their mods and will make changes along the way, could be a small change here and there to find the perfect mod. A modded motor from 15 years ago may not have the exact same mod done now for many reasons, though parts will look like they are. I have tried many modded motors, JP, TnT, RB, Hott Mods, Dadders to name a few and all have had better than stock power. CEO is right there with the rest im my opinion and on my 367 he did up for me the crank did have a timing change on it from the stock crank. To what degree? I don't know, the cool part here is I don't need to know other than it works better than a stock 367. I know, the dyno says different but the dyno is not the be all end all for a motor. Take a look at some of the elec. 27 turn motors with a dyno lable put on them. All are different and not always the motor with the highest dyno rating turns out to be the best in car. Many times I have used a elec. motor that according to the label should have been a slug and came out to be one of the fastest motors I had run. To me is like the Factory specs. for any nitro motor on claimed Hp. The key word here is claimed and if it is not ststed as such in the spec. sheet, it should be. Many guys I know will buy a motor based on that spec. alone and don't understand why their high Hp spec.'d motor won't out run a motor with a lower spec.'d Hp rating. Yes there are many factors that go with that, but that is what I hear from those guys. I have been asked what kind of power spec's my motor has and I tell those that ask, I don't know but its more than what they run.
Old 03-12-2008, 10:36 AM
Tech Elite

Chris can be hard to get a hold of when he is behind on motors. I have sent in some e-mails and not always have gotten a responce. I have him on speed dial and will try to call him first thing in the morning (9 am PST), probably interrupting his morning coffee before he gets too busy. Haven't tried calling later on in the eve., but if thats how some guys get him on the phone you could try that too.
Old 03-12-2008, 01:48 PM
Tech Master

I had some engines done by Chris a few weeks back and my son has been able to use them at 2 events so far and they are definately well improved over stock. A little more bottom end, more top end better milage and smoother power band. Very satisfied with his work, it not all about HP, but usable power and how wide the power band is.

I did talk to him today and he is back from Silver State but has another race to attend at the end of the month.
Old 03-12-2008, 04:03 PM
Tech Champion

all i can say is what I do to these motors is massively different then what the established modding industry has been selling, My work is very unique and has not likely be seen before...

Last edited by Maximo; 03-12-2008 at 04:14 PM.
Old 03-12-2008, 05:17 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Teufel Racing
Maximo,
I fully understand every modder will mod a motor to what they feel is the best they can get out of it. From what I have seen thus far many modders will over time try to perfect their mods and will make changes along the way, could be a small change here and there to find the perfect mod. A modded motor from 15 years ago may not have the exact same mod done now for many reasons, though parts will look like they are. I have tried many modded motors, JP, TnT, RB, Hott Mods, Dadders to name a few and all have had better than stock power. CEO is right there with the rest im my opinion and on my 367 he did up for me the crank did have a timing change on it from the stock crank. To what degree? I don't know, the cool part here is I don't need to know other than it works better than a stock 367. I know, the dyno says different but the dyno is not the be all end all for a motor. Take a look at some of the elec. 27 turn motors with a dyno lable put on them. All are different and not always the motor with the highest dyno rating turns out to be the best in car. Many times I have used a elec. motor that according to the label should have been a slug and came out to be one of the fastest motors I had run. To me is like the Factory specs. for any nitro motor on claimed Hp. The key word here is claimed and if it is not ststed as such in the spec. sheet, it should be. Many guys I know will buy a motor based on that spec. alone and don't understand why their high Hp spec.'d motor won't out run a motor with a lower spec.'d Hp rating. Yes there are many factors that go with that, but that is what I hear from those guys. I have been asked what kind of power spec's my motor has and I tell those that ask, I don't know but its more than what they run.

See I have not said CEO mods wouldnt be faster on a track..Quite the contrary......please go back and read what I posted, I think most people giving me a hard time didn't even likely read my whole post..... CEO doesn't go after producing big HP motors, he's even said that...he's after modding engines to be faster on a track and he does not care what kind of HP they make... primarily his motors are run on the dry California tracks and he has tuned the motors to run well on that type of track....I have questioned Chris before thru a mutual friend of ours.. He also doesn't play with timing as he doesn't feel its needed for what he is after from these engines... obviously people are happy with his work, he has a reputation for being a very good standup guy....

But it is what it is, and me and CEO modify these engines for very different purposes..Where I live we dont run on hardpack, we run in sticky dirt..we use heavy tires and our tracks favor big HP..... My motors are tuned to run on my type of track surface and are extremely powerful...so powerful that the big name pre-modded engines sold will seem like stock in comparison..

All I ask is for an opportunity to prove my words..
Old 03-12-2008, 09:26 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Im gonna 2nd EVERY SINGLE WORD max has said.....CEO does 1/10 of what max does to a mill....Plain and simple...CEO LOST Hp on a C6 mod....and the Dyno Proved it.....yes it boils down to how much power ur tires/traction can take...but when u have a Ballz out TRUE 2+hp mill....it stands out and people ask about it....as for a C6 being the Fastest motor far from...its Fast....but takes some Serious timing changes to make it......also like Max said...U want a Crazy Race .28 the Ninja is what u want....Max is Not a normal modder....he actually takes the time to learn the motor and time it before he even thinks about cutting into it.....RARELY will he bust out the dremel to do any cutting...95% of his work is By HAND with jewelery files..on the INSIDE of the sleeve...Not the outside which "looks purdy to N00bs"...but in all out reality does NOTHING for the smoothness and efficiency of the mill....we also bore the crank and ramp the window which decreases a bit of case volume giving Much better milage.....there's WAY more to it..that i wont get into...because thats Max's bread and butter...But i can DARN WELL GUARENTEEEEE u....that there is NO OTHER modder out there like max....PLAIN AND SIMPLE. 2.4HP P3...Nuff said.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.