Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Building my M1B-Turbo: Technical

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 01:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Jerseyboy
Here is a video clip of the first test run. Please dont beat the car its early days and lots of potential.

http://dramatic.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?p=610#610

cough, cough...cough....
Old 02-12-2008, 04:17 AM
Tech Regular

So how many people have tried the new LX shocks and towers? Are they a worthwhile investment? And how do they compare to the stockers?
Old 02-12-2008, 04:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by lowey79
So how many people have tried the new LX shocks and towers? Are they a worthwhile investment? And how do they compare to the stockers?
Hey lowey79,

TMizzle is the only guy I know who has the new LX Shocks and the towers too.
He's only just had them but he said he'd drop by and tell us how they are when he had chance.
I think I'll be getting them. TM need to come out now with some new springs to fit the LX shocks........... various ones/LB -dages. Lol

British Menace
Old 02-14-2008, 09:29 AM
Tech Rookie

I just bought an M1 from a-main. First day out on the track one of the nylon caps that capture the front hinge pins broke causing the suspension arm to fall off. I wish they would make them out of aluminum.

The only place that has them in stock is wolf hobbies and I ordered the part like a week ago with 2 day shipping and they still haven't shipped it out, I've tried emailing and calling them but get no response. Voicemail only...has anyone had a good experience with this dealer?

Overall I'm happy with the cars design, the steering and brake setup especially. I think the hinge pin cap broke because of the cold, was about 40f out that day.

Anyone else have this breakage? Thinking of making a part to replace it....
Old 02-14-2008, 09:29 AM
Tech Rookie

I just bought an M1 turbo from a-main. First day out on the track one of the nylon caps that capture the front hinge pins broke causing the suspension arm to fall off. I wish they would make them out of aluminum.

The only place that has them in stock is wolf hobbies and I ordered the part like a week ago with 2 day shipping and they still haven't shipped it out, I've tried emailing and calling them but get no response. Voicemail only...has anyone had a good experience with this dealer?

Overall I'm happy with the cars design, the steering and brake setup especially. I think the hinge pin cap broke because of the cold, was about 40f out that day.

Anyone else have this breakage? Thinking of making a part to replace it....
Old 02-15-2008, 10:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

Sorry, we dropped the ball on this one. The order came in on Saturday the 9th. Ordinarily it would have shipped on Monday the 11th but we were all on our way back from Seattle for the Hobby expo. It would have gone out on Tuesday but we were out of stock and I was out for a rotator cuff surgery. On Wednesday afternoon I checked on orders and found that yours did not go out and noticed that you had paid for 2nd day air so I cut open a new M1B Kit and pulled your parts from the kit box. We just missed the DHL pickup so we made an extra trip over to the DHL facility and dropped it off so that you would not lose another day. You should have received an email from DHL with your tracking number. If not please email us and we'll send it to you.

You also bring up another issue. Phone calls. We have been swamped with phone calls. The ONLY thing that keeps me from answering a phone call is if I am already taking another call. For the best results, if you have a question please email me if possible. If I can't answer it on the spot I print it out and have a reminder in front of me. If you can't email me then use the phone as a second choice.

Thanks

Wolf
Old 02-16-2008, 11:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

LX Shocks + towers are excellent. Huge improvement over original shocks.
Old 02-16-2008, 01:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Wolf Hobbies
Sorry, we dropped the ball on this one. The order came in on Saturday the 9th. Ordinarily it would have shipped on Monday the 11th but we were all on our way back from Seattle for the Hobby expo. It would have gone out on Tuesday but we were out of stock and I was out for a rotator cuff surgery. On Wednesday afternoon I checked on orders and found that yours did not go out and noticed that you had paid for 2nd day air so I cut open a new M1B Kit and pulled your parts from the kit box. We just missed the DHL pickup so we made an extra trip over to the DHL facility and dropped it off so that you would not lose another day. You should have received an email from DHL with your tracking number. If not please email us and we'll send it to you.

You also bring up another issue. Phone calls. We have been swamped with phone calls. The ONLY thing that keeps me from answering a phone call is if I am already taking another call. For the best results, if you have a question please email me if possible. If I can't answer it on the spot I print it out and have a reminder in front of me. If you can't email me then use the phone as a second choice.

Thanks

Wolf
No worries, I received the part. Thank you for the explanation, I've run into some shady online dealers in the past, glad to see you are not one of them.

I look forward to breaking my M1 further so you can assist with parts
Old 02-17-2008, 03:19 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Lycan
LX Shocks + towers are excellent. Huge improvement over original shocks.
Thanks for that Lycan. When will they be available in australia? I haven't been able to find them....
Old 03-11-2008, 01:56 AM
Tech Regular

My M1-B turbo box stock runs very well. You must limit the steering on your remote to prevent the ass from sliding out. It jumps well and is very tough.
I may get the M8 upgrades later when its released.
Old 03-11-2008, 04:39 AM
Tech Regular

Hey Jersey, I'm also looking forward to getting my hands on the M8/upgrade parts...

I'm very happy with the way my Turbo is handling at the moment. It still steps out from time to time, but i am running it stock except for diff and shock oils.

I've had almost no breakages (stock wing doesn't take much punishment), but the thing that annoys me is that i keep loosing king pin screws and the bushes which you cant buy seperately

Other than that, i am very happy with the car and only hope i can improve it further!
Old 03-11-2008, 05:54 AM
Tech Elite

My LX shocks and K Factory shock towers are on the way

I'm also looking at the weight distribution on the car and see if we can't even that up somewhat.............I think that may help a little with the rear end.
I also have the Team Cobra wing on...............very durable and plenty of down force

Looking foreword to running this baby!!

British Menace
Old 03-11-2008, 09:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hi all, i decided to pick up an m1 turbo after being out of touring cars for a year or so. I was looking at my local rc track, revelation raceway, and found they took out the very nice on-road course they had and made it all off-road. long story short i decided i would try my hand at off-road. Anyway i ordered the kit and plan on piecing it together over the next 2 months or so. Anyway its nice to have this thread and the setup tips. I plan to make a trip to one of the local races to see if anybody is running the m1 but i highly doubt it. anyway just thought i would introduce myself

also anybody know where i can get a go-tech engine? everywhere seems to be out of stock!
Old 04-15-2008, 05:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I too have a turbo, car going ok except for rear diff coming apart each run. I've changed diffs with the same issue. I have heard someone say to put the front diff housing in the rear is this true?

Note to help stop the rear end stepping out I've put a heavier front spring (orange) on and have the fr ride height 1mm higher than the rear and this is on a dry dusty track worth a try.

Any sign of Lycan?
Old 04-15-2008, 06:47 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mr RC Centre
I too have a turbo, car going ok except for rear diff coming apart each run. I've changed diffs with the same issue. I have heard someone say to put the front diff housing in the rear is this true?

Note to help stop the rear end stepping out I've put a heavier front spring (orange) on and have the fr ride height 1mm higher than the rear and this is on a dry dusty track worth a try.

Any sign of Lycan?
I haven't heard of the diff problem, comming apart?. The diff' itself,leaking?

Try the Cobra Racing rearwing from A Main Hobbies and add a little weight to the rear, about 30g or so. Also, try raising the diff' fluid WT at the rear too. I've got 5000WT. Some are running 7000 or even 10,000WT !

I've also lengthened the wheel base by shaving material off the rear lower A Arms. Taken 5mm off. Turned the rear upper links upside down to get more down travel at the rear. LX Shocks and shock towers.

Regards,
British Menace

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.