what do u think of the b44

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

what do u think of the b44

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 05:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

When I talked to Josh at MaxAmps today he said the new B44 packs are currently being tested. The only thing he knew was that the new packs are being made with new 2200mah cells. The shape of the new cells is the same as if it where a sub C pack. The only thing he was saying is that they will be offering a 4400 and a 6600 pack for the B44. He thought around Christmas time though.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
true, main thing I am curious about is what exactly are the cells in the packs. Mind you I love my 6000mah 4S pack, but from what people have been saying they won't reveal what exactly are the cells they are using. Maybe the increase in price is also for better cells? would be cool if they said what they were.
surprised you like your 4s 6000mah pack. I have a 5s 6000mah pack (before they went to copper tabs) and must say it really doesn't compare to my enerland 4350mah pack.
Old 12-23-2007, 11:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Default yep. caster blocks mixed up.

It's easy to do... the photos in the build manual make them look almost identical. They are actually marked L and R to match the steer arms (also marked L and R).

I've been slapping my head saying "doh!" all day!

Good catch, previous poster. Complete n00b here.

-- font9a

Originally Posted by kenshu
It sounds like you guys with the locking steering and bump steer is,,,,, YOU HAVE THE CASTER BLOCKS ON THE WRONG SIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But you do. I know the manual sucks. But look close at the pictures and you'll find I'm right. My B44 went together so easy and no problems. But you have to be able to read pictures. Let me know what you find.
Old 12-23-2007, 11:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by kenshu
It sounds like you guys with the locking steering and bump steer is,,,,, YOU HAVE THE CASTER BLOCKS ON THE WRONG SIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But you do. I know the manual sucks. But look close at the pictures and you'll find I'm right. My B44 went together so easy and no problems. But you have to be able to read pictures. Let me know what you find.
Originally Posted by chewiefttc4
did anyone else notice how the steering was..
at full throw it would lock.. because the knuckle extended further than what the steering rack and turnbuckle would normally allow. not to mention bump steer out the ass.
caster blocks..... i, too fell prey.
Old 12-23-2007, 11:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Default years of racing... lighter = faster

It's true. Lighter == faster. Faster cornering, faster stopping, faster accelerating.... blah blah blah: inertia.

I cannot for the life of me see how adding weight will be to your advantage. If you're not balanced, try shock tuning. If you're not getting traction, try compound tires.... grooving, siping, whatever you have to do to get your blue groove on. It ain't weight -- Newton, Einstein, and every other physicist will tell you that. Lighter weight = a faster car, no matter what.

Durability? Well, there are compromises there. magnesium vs/ chromoly is hardly a toss up, but where you use can make or break a car for the day, month, year..... Take your pick on where to skimp on steel vs scandium.

-- font9a

Originally Posted by Craps
You guys can't figure out lighter li-pos will help the handling of the B44 by putting stick on lead weights right under the driveline between the 2 battery trays that is the by far better than having to the weight to the outside of the buggy. That is if you want to add the weight to make up for the li-po being lighter than the nickel pack.