Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1/18 Scale - BRP, HPI Micro

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2005, 09:15 AM
Tech Adept

Default where to play 1/18th

i go to singapore regularly. next time i bring my micro along.

1. march 20th 1/18 race singapore expo. where is it? address? permanent/built-up track? rules?

2.where is singapore do you guys practice micro daily? track address? business hours? phone? please don't give me bunch of track names. just 1, the one most of you guys go to play 1/18th.

thanks.
Old 03-03-2005, 09:27 AM
Tech Adept

Default micro - anybody?

this thread is so quiet.
does anyone still run micro these days.
tell me when & where so I can join you guys.
Old 03-03-2005, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

use to be hot, now no idea leh...there're groups but dun think it's very active-otherwise this thread should be flooded. I know some tried to drift with micro not sure where.
Expo is one MRT stop away from Changi. About the race, check with Taising at North Bridge Rd for details. Hope this helps abit
Old 09-20-2007, 01:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Default I got one of those too

I got a HPI micro RS4 and put a mamba 6800 in it right away. I also put the stock 9 tooth pinion. I borrowed the reciever from one of my losi mini baja's and broke both front dogbones in about 30 seconds. I was running on the rough street in front of my house. oops.
I hust got a hi-tec 81 mg servo for the front. the last steering servo broke because the arm was hitting the chassis. I want to put this one in right because it is a very nice servo. I got the hpi servo saver and there is no way for it to interface with the steering control arm. I don't want to use the stock servo arm if it is going to break my servo again.

could I see some photos of what you guys did to set up yours?

Thank you!
Old 11-19-2007, 07:10 PM
Tech Regular

Does anybody play micro any more?
Old 01-06-2008, 11:45 AM
Tech Regular

hello guys!!

i am looking for a fast brushless system!!

I was looking not for something that is top of the line , cause it will be really expensive!!

So i am looking for something cheap that will have enough power!!

what do you suggest to choose , and any price if it is possible

if it possible tell me the most expensive and the cheapest system!!

thank you!!
Old 01-06-2008, 04:27 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zacharopoulos
hello guys!!

i am looking for a fast brushless system!!

I was looking not for something that is top of the line , cause it will be really expensive!!

So i am looking for something cheap that will have enough power!!

what do you suggest to choose , and any price if it is possible

if it possible tell me the most expensive and the cheapest system!!

thank you!!
mamba 25 cheap n good
Old 08-29-2009, 09:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi, anyone still playing the Micros or the 1/18th? Looks nice to play and collect. Anywhere in Singapore got the dealer who sells the spares?
Old 08-30-2009, 07:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

wow u manage to dig up this old thread, i think micro parts u should contact tai sing,swan hobby at orchard plaza sells the kit or rtr i cant remember, not sure whether she stock parts tho. my micro is collecting dust n growing mold haha.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by rcaddict
wow u manage to dig up this old thread, i think micro parts u should contact tai sing,swan hobby at orchard plaza sells the kit or rtr i cant remember, not sure whether she stock parts tho. my micro is collecting dust n growing mold haha.
Hahaha...rainy Sunday nothing to do at home. Also due to i saw it on sale in Ebay. Tempted to get one, i did'nt know it's a real out of time 'thing' for the Micro and Mini. Is there any place still sells this or the 1/18th?

Frankly, these small little monsters really can cheer one up in a rainy day like today. It can be run at home. What is the normal selling price of these nice mini truggies in those days? They look sophiscated too. Brushless system with LiPO batt setup.

Seriously, these toys or i call it treasure to me worth keeping for the next gen to see. Maybe by then the kids need nothing from these nostalgic gadgets. But they leaves a hard imprint to me.

I bought a Tamiya 4WD Jr. for my son and after sometime of playing he said he dun want it cos he dun like it. The 4WD was diff to come by when i was young (home not rich enough for such toy). Now they simply disregards...aiyoh..
Old 09-01-2009, 07:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Actually HPI micro not really suitable for home play, its too big and when modded, its freaking fast, now brushless n lipo is so much cheaper compared to last time, i reckon another 200 will make it a land rocket

U sound like someone who'll really treasure vintage rc
Old 09-01-2009, 07:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by rcaddict
U sound like someone who'll really treasure vintage rc
Yes, i am. Caught by you huh. I like to collect those items that i feel worth keeping when other ppl think it's 'old gabage' Rarity is the key of collectors items. When all throw and left you alone keeping it and when time passes by...your 'old garbage' is someone's long for treasure.

My childhood is not rich, now also but slightly better la.. I dun need my parent support ma But need to support my own family la.... Then i can only drool and envy what ppl have and knowing my family cannot afford that 5-600 dollar for my Tamiya, i only can buy the Annual Guidebook and appreciate my dream there. So now if i can, i try to catch up my lost and perhaps let my son to feel it before all gone too soon.

Where can i get these Micros or Xray M18Ts with good pricing, i dun mind used item... saw some US ppl selling but kind or too over budget for me. The shippment is way non justifiable for the whole item.

Thank for tracking me down...
Old 09-03-2009, 09:00 AM
Tech Rookie

Heya, if I'm not wrong, Tai Sing still sells some HPI Micro RS4 kits. Also, I think they may have recently replenished their stock of spare parts.

And yeah, these micro monsters are not meant for indoors. With a 45T, they can hit 40km/hr. With a brushless,.... I heard they can hit almost 90km/hr.

I'm still playing with mine. Even bought a spare kit for spare parts. Nice to bash around a basketball court or the top level of a multi-storey carpark.
Old 09-03-2009, 12:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by anchia
Heya, if I'm not wrong, Tai Sing still sells some HPI Micro RS4 kits. Also, I think they may have recently replenished their stock of spare parts.

And yeah, these micro monsters are not meant for indoors. With a 45T, they can hit 40km/hr. With a brushless,.... I heard they can hit almost 90km/hr.

I'm still playing with mine. Even bought a spare kit for spare parts. Nice to bash around a basketball court or the top level of a multi-storey carpark.
Guys, Caster may have produce the toughest 1:18 in the market. Check out attached pictures. (6061 Al for 80% of the kit with brushless motor).
Attached Thumbnails 1/18 Scale - BRP, HPI Micro-f18pro1.jpg   1/18 Scale - BRP, HPI Micro-f18pro2.jpg   1/18 Scale - BRP, HPI Micro-f18pro3.jpg   1/18 Scale - BRP, HPI Micro-f18pro4.jpg   1/18 Scale - BRP, HPI Micro-f18pro5.jpg  

Old 09-03-2009, 01:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

WoW! Nice stuffs... Looks strong and dun look anything weaker than their 1/10th brothers. Must be little speedy.

Any idea where is selling the Castor, the pricing for the HPi's and the Castor?

Thank you.