its not my clothes its all the RC stuff, damn the RC stuff LOL
Old 09-24-2007, 07:25 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Old 09-24-2007, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
If I'm not mistaken any Orion drivers running 1/12 at the IIC will be using Vortex brushless motors rather than V2's.
Awsome!

I will have to watch that.... I use there 10.5 in my TC.....
Old 09-24-2007, 09:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Found an useful page on PetitRC, sheet for foam tires..
http://www.petitrc.com/_forumphp/sho...d.php?p=254062
Old 09-24-2007, 10:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mxracer23
2. Measured the front lower arms, they both are within 0.013 of each other in height

I can't seem to figure it out, I am alittle less than 0.5mm out from right to left.
Originally Posted by protc3
Here is your answer. .020 is .5mm .013 is real close to that. You need to check and make sure that there is no burrs on the arms. Maybe even sand them lightly on a flat surface to remove the high spots.
I ran into the same problem last fall setting up three new cars all with IRS lowered Associated arms. They were all off by about .015. No obvious burrs, etc. I was very surprised by this as I'd been fat dumb and happy (like always) figuring they'd be square since they're milled...I'm sure in a fixture of some sort.

Another thing that's come up...I started getting about a .5mm difference in height side-to-side. Measured springs, etc, re-set spacers, etc. Finally figured out that my pivot balls (always Niftech polished bronze) are floating up and down in the lower arm. No doubt an impact (impacts) have enlarged the socket.

I'm really wanting to try the new IRS lower arms. Also really wanting to try a Laje SpeedEvil front end but they're out of a couple key parts. He'd also not thought of drilling the new IRS arms for his front end when I asked if this was available (and he's a IRS dealer/importer).

Looks like the DB12R will have great success Jason. I was interested to see someone describe it as, basically, the missing link between T-bar and link cars. That was what it looked like to me too. I may have to try one...
Old 09-24-2007, 10:30 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by protc3
Hey randy,

I sent a bunch of spares and parts for fine tuning the car. Give me a buzz if you have any questions bro.
Sweet, thanks Jason, I'll let you know if I need any help, if the car is as good as it was a couple weeks ago I should be fine!
Old 09-24-2007, 11:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)
Exclamation ChestyV32

If anyone can get in touch with ChestyV32 by phone, by e-mail, I don't care let him know that the HARA 2.2 buyer doesn't have his PAYPAL address. If anyone can help me out I'm positive he'll thank you for it. Thanks in advance.
PM me with any info Cheers.
Good luck to all the racers in Vegas.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:17 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Scottrik
I ran into the same problem last fall setting up three new cars all with IRS lowered Associated arms. They were all off by about .015. No obvious burrs, etc. I was very surprised by this as I'd been fat dumb and happy (like always) figuring they'd be square since they're milled...I'm sure in a fixture of some sort.

Another thing that's come up...I started getting about a .5mm difference in height side-to-side. Measured springs, etc, re-set spacers, etc. Finally figured out that my pivot balls (always Niftech polished bronze) are floating up and down in the lower arm. No doubt an impact (impacts) have enlarged the socket.

I'm really wanting to try the new IRS lower arms. Also really wanting to try a Laje SpeedEvil front end but they're out of a couple key parts. He'd also not thought of drilling the new IRS arms for his front end when I asked if this was available (and he's a IRS dealer/importer).

Looks like the DB12R will have great success Jason. I was interested to see someone describe it as, basically, the missing link between T-bar and link cars. That was what it looked like to me too. I may have to try one...
I havent had issues with IRS's new molded arms. I did have alot of issues with the AE ones but these seemed to be real accurate so far. Anything is possible though Thanks for the props on the car dude. Looks like we need to get you into one soon.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:19 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Tron 101
If anyone can get in touch with ChestyV32 by phone, by e-mail, I don't care let him know that the HARA 2.2 buyer doesn't have his PAYPAL address. If anyone can help me out I'm positive he'll thank you for it. Thanks in advance.
PM me with any info Cheers.
Good luck to all the racers in Vegas.

Try calling Fast track hobbies. He works there. He is leaving for vegas today but i am sure one of the guys at the hobby shop can help you
Old 09-25-2007, 03:43 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Scottrik
The Laje is basically a modified version of the original Trinity front end. Modified to use a 3rd link for camber adjustment. A nice idea which really makes it easier to adjust but makes for a heavier and less attractive front end. The good part as applies to this conversation is the lower arms were 1 piece graphite plate and had no lower pivot ball making left to right ride height more accurate then a pivot ball lower. But once the lower kingpin hole starts to elongate then you start having differences in caster and camber from left to right. In the original 1/10th scale version the front end would work better with a bit of slop in it then it did tight. 1/12th being a bit more precise I'm not sure it would work as well. The best front end idea I've seen yet was a Trinity varient that I believe only lasted for 1 model. It was the EV10/Revolver 12 style lower plate but used AE style upper arms. The original link style upper arm did not give enough steering throw with off-set axles on my Revolver 12 because of how wide the top pivot piece was. But with a single rod end like the AE or Laje upper arms should have plenty of steering throw. If I had my own machine shop I'd make my own front ends with a graphite lower plate and AE upper arms.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:55 AM
Tech Initiate

Here is your answer. .020 is .5mm .013 is real close to that. You need to check and make sure that there is no burrs on the arms. Maybe even sand them lightly on a flat surface to remove the high spots.
Wow thanks everyone, It looks like everyone is in agreement here. So I took a little material off the right front lower arm to get them the same and then I re-attached the U-Plates making sure that the car was on a flat surface with just enough sticking off to get the screw in. It got the car level and took out the twist and the bad tweek that it had before.

Can't wait to get it out on the track!
Mark
Old 09-25-2007, 06:00 AM
Tech Lord

Im glad it fixed the issue you were having. There is a possibility for variation in molded parts.the IRS arms have all been real accurate but im sure that there can always be that odd one here and there. Let me know if you have any other questions or need help with anything else.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mxracer23
Wow thanks everyone, It looks like everyone is in agreement here. So I took a little material off the right front lower arm to get them the same and then I re-attached the U-Plates making sure that the car was on a flat surface with just enough sticking off to get the screw in. It got the car level and took out the twist and the bad tweek that it had before.

Can't wait to get it out on the track!
Mark
Alrighty then, now get out and RACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-25-2007, 09:37 AM
Tech Lord

Old 09-25-2007, 09:51 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Off to Vegas!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.