Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho V-ONE RRR Evo

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 02:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Can anyone give me some good info on how they feel the 2d clutch works for them. I installed one in my car this last week and have been having trouble getting it set where I like the feel.

I have never had a problem setting the 3 shoe clutch so that is why I am a little lost right now. That and according to the instructions the setting they recomend are not even close to what I run on my three shoe.

What are some differences in the 2 clutch setups and why run the one over the other?

Or should I just add two more shoes and set it up so it is the same as a mugen clutch?
Old 09-03-2007, 04:14 PM
Tech Adept

Last race it got some problems with my 2 speed. Every time when we adjusted it to shift later it shifted earlier. it didn't matter how far the screws where turned in. so we put some new shoes in the 2 speed but this didn't help much. So could it be that the springs are worn out, or is there something else wrong?
Old 09-03-2007, 06:39 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by huskerfreak
Can anyone give me some good info on how they feel the 2d clutch works for them. I installed one in my car this last week and have been having trouble getting it set where I like the feel.

I have never had a problem setting the 3 shoe clutch so that is why I am a little lost right now. That and according to the instructions the setting they recomend are not even close to what I run on my three shoe.

What are some differences in the 2 clutch setups and why run the one over the other?

Or should I just add two more shoes and set it up so it is the same as a mugen clutch?
Set it as instruction says.
In my car I felt it with more bottom end power. and important it is very consistent.. holds the setting during a long time
Old 09-04-2007, 11:10 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by kaotickc
Are there any better brakes than what comes with the Evo WC? I seem to have good braking for the first 5 min. or so..then it goes downhill fast with fading.
I'm using this one:
G4 Lightweight Vent Brake Disc
Item No : K1443
http://www.kfactoryracing.com/produc...1443&pageNum=1

with k-fatory pads too
Awesome braking power with no fadding.
Old 09-04-2007, 01:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ziggy12345
I got 89 mph with the RRR today. Here is a vid of an 87mph run just after

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UyMpLFYd0JY

It was uphill against the wind and with 20/56 gearing (The internal ratio is modified). I think I can get 100 mph next time

Cheers
Nice... You are almost there... Just a few more modifications and a few more test runs to achieve 100mph...
Old 09-04-2007, 01:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ice_nl
Last race it got some problems with my 2 speed. Every time when we adjusted it to shift later it shifted earlier. it didn't matter how far the screws where turned in. so we put some new shoes in the 2 speed but this didn't help much. So could it be that the springs are worn out, or is there something else wrong?
Well, you can try changing to new springs on the clutch shoes. Also, try to check the oneway bearing on the 1st spur gear...
Old 09-06-2007, 06:40 PM
JCB
Tech Addict

Hey Guys,

any talks of a new car coming out? or is this it for 2007??

thanks,
Old 09-06-2007, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JCB
Hey Guys,

any talks of a new car coming out? or is this it for 2007??

thanks,
Good question!
Old 09-06-2007, 08:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I think we're going to see a new 1/8th car first, since the worlds are month. I think provably a new TC next year. Its just what I think, I have no facts.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I hope the 1:10th car is a completely new design and name its time for somthing fresh
Old 09-07-2007, 07:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Why change a car that still dominates. I can see tweaking like they have but to totally change the car I really don't think would be that much better. Plus how much different of a design is there left to make anyway.
Old 09-08-2007, 05:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by huskerfreak

ON the 2d clutch you will feel a faster engagement or quicker spooling
settings on gap will be the same as the 3d
spring tension should be set from .30-.50
endplay very little then you would normally set the 3d
Old 09-08-2007, 04:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by GMartinez
ON the 2d clutch you will feel a faster engagement or quicker spooling
settings on gap will be the same as the 3d
spring tension should be set from .30-.50
endplay very little then you would normally set the 3d
Thannks for the info. I plan on going to the track and work on it a little more. Do you prefer the 2d over the 3d? The track that I race on is high grip.
Old 09-08-2007, 05:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I like the 2d better than the 3d on most engines.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Well I want to say thanks for the guys that gave me suggestions on how to set a 2d clutch.

I finally got it set where I like it. I have it set with .4 end play the clutch nut set .4 and I put 2 .1 shims between the inside bearing and the clutch nut. This setup seemed to make the car really launch out of the corners. It felt really consistant through the entire run.

One question I have is I put a spool up front (which I like the feel) would this make the car launch out of the corner better. Or is it just the clutch making the car feel this way?

Does anybody have any setup tips on changing from a frontway to the spool?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.