Community
Wiki Posts
Search

12th scale GTP to 5 minutes?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 05:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

8 minute 1/12th scale races are FINE, Great and dandy...just make sure ONLY 1/12th scale guys have to CORNER MARSHAL for the 1/12th scale classes.

I'm NOT racing for 5 minutes and cornering for 8. Most of the 1/12th scale racing I've seen the past couple years has only had 3 or 4 cars on the track at a time and usually 2 of them break - THOSE races should NEVER go on and on and on for 8 minutes - especially if the 2nd place car is 5 laps off the pace.

Now - an exciting race with TOP level drivers on CARPET with 1/12th scale cars for 8 minutes - AWESOME to watch the magic of those guys almost like a fine ballet the way they move so fluidly through the corners...some of the BEST racing in the WORLD to watch.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hey NASHRACER if we ran 5 minute 1/12th races that might be good for me or you because we are only good for like 5 minutes before the brain farts come and go for the last 3 minutes! LOL
Old 07-10-2007, 08:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beanster
Hey NASHRACER if we ran 5 minute 1/12th races that might be good for me or you because we are only good for like 5 minutes before the brain farts come and go for the last 3 minutes! LOL
Thats what my dad says when I ask him why he doesn't race. He says that he can't focus for 5 minutes.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCTVLIVE
The interest is growing big time for 12th scale racing. There lies a problem though for big races like Vegas and the 'birds. The entries have to be limited because there is just not enough time to run a ton of 8 minute races, when touring cars are 5 minutes. You can run basically 6 touring heats to 4 GTP heats. That's 20 more entries. So why not go back to 5 minute races, maybe 8 minute A-mains? This will allow more racers in 12th at big races. Will the industry accept this I wonder?

There lies a problem though for big races like Vegas and the 'birds. The entries have to be limited because there is just not enough time to run a ton of 8 minute races,

if this is a problem how does RC Pro run 300 guys for 10min heats and 1/2 hr lower mains and 1hr mains make it happan?

why not make TC run 8min and only give them 3 classes

1/12 stock
1/12 19t
1/12 mod
1/10 stock
1/10 19t
1/10 mod

they run like this overseas all year long.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tpczx6
There lies a problem though for big races like Vegas and the 'birds. The entries have to be limited because there is just not enough time to run a ton of 8 minute races,

if this is a problem how does RC Pro run 300 guys for 10min heats and 1/2 hr lower mains and 1hr mains make it happan?

why not make TC run 8min and only give them 3 classes

1/12 stock
1/12 19t
1/12 mod
1/10 stock
1/10 19t
1/10 mod

they run like this overseas all year long.
You can't do this there isn't enough time in a day it has nothing to do the scoring program r/c scoring pro is fine.The fact is that if everything was ran with 8 races the amount of total entries would have to limited by alot.I think vegas is 450 cleveland is 500 I am sure what the birds as far as thier limit but if you went to all 8 min classes cut that in half and that would not be enough money to keep any of those races.It's the way it is for a reason guys it's what works!
Old 07-11-2007, 12:51 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The answer is in the first sentence of the question...

Originally Posted by RCTVLIVE
The interest is growing big time for 12th scale racing.
There's a very good reason for that, if you start making changes you will most likely find out what that reason is the hard way.

Nick
Old 07-11-2007, 06:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Bean... yeah I'd make more mains with 5 min. heats too LOL its usually in the last minute I start having a mental relapse LOL
Old 07-11-2007, 06:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bill941
You can't do this there isn't enough time in a day it has nothing to do the scoring program r/c scoring pro is fine.The fact is that if everything was ran with 8 races the amount of total entries would have to limited by alot.I think vegas is 450 cleveland is 500 I am sure what the birds as far as thier limit but if you went to all 8 min classes cut that in half and that would not be enough money to keep any of those races.It's the way it is for a reason guys it's what works!

was not talking about rc scoring pro I was talkinfg about RC PRO they run races all around the USA with 6+ classes and have ten min Qs

we are not talking about 8 races we are talking about 8min races

all we are stating is LEAVE 1/12 alone as it been around longer then any class out there besides 1/8 onroad
Old 07-11-2007, 07:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bill941
yes but if you do that you would kill every large or semi large event including roar races and so forth because more time = less people = less money. Those races would just disappear as it would be pointless to organize them.So basicly do what you want but there is a cost to the things you do.

As most large events don't make a ton money like everyone always thinks.The people that put on these races do it for the love of r/c sure if you can make a buck fine but that's not the point the point is to get alot of people together and have some fun it's point that is missed alot.
OK, get rid of 19T then. I would say at least 80% of the 19T guys are either running in the stock or mod class.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by or8ital
OK, get rid of 19T then. I would say at least 80% of the 19T guys are either running in the stock or mod class.
It's more than 80%, probably closer to 95%. 19t is simply a class that all the stock AND Mod drivers use to get a little more track time.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:05 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
It's more than 80%, probably closer to 95%. 19t is simply a class that all the stock AND Mod drivers use to get a little more track time.
I've always maintained that interest would go up in BOTH TC and 1/12 if racers were restricted to one class per car type. If you want more track time, you race both TC and 1/12. Unfortunately, few race promotors will support this idea since initially it would mean less $$$ from entries. There would always be another promotor offering drivers the opportunity to run multiple classes with the same car type. This partly the result of "self-sanctioned" racing....each event trying to out-do the other at the expense of what might actually help racing, and then hiding behind the "just giving the racers what they want" excuse.

This also partly solves the hotly-debated "sandbagging" issue. Mod drivers in 19T, and 19T "semi-pros" in stock. After all, you can't force somebody to run in a particular class. Besides, last week someone posted that "Stock is a class, not an ability level", and I agree with that.

But I'm not going to turn this thread into another long-winded discussion on those topics...there's other places for that.

As to the initial point of this thread...leave it at 8 minutes. That's part of the appeal. Heck, if anything I'd be in favor of extending the race length.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by McSmooth
I've always maintained that interest would go up in BOTH TC and 1/12 if racers were restricted to one class per car type. If you want more track time, you race both TC and 1/12. Unfortunately, few race promotors will support this idea since initially it would mean less $$$ from entries. There would always be another promotor offering drivers the opportunity to run multiple classes with the same car type. This partly the result of "self-sanctioned" racing....each event trying to out-do the other at the expense of what might actually help racing, and then hiding behind the "just giving the racers what they want" excuse.

This also partly solves the hotly-debated "sandbagging" issue. Mod drivers in 19T, and 19T "semi-pros" in stock. After all, you can't force somebody to run in a particular class. Besides, last week someone posted that "Stock is a class, not an ability level", and I agree with that.

But I'm not going to turn this thread into another long-winded discussion on those topics...there's other places for that.

As to the initial point of this thread...leave it at 8 minutes. That's part of the appeal. Heck, if anything I'd be in favor of extending the race length.
WORD!!! and excellent beverage choice by the way.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:14 AM
Tech Champion

Heck, if anything I'd be in favor of extending the length.
you get those emails too?
Old 07-11-2007, 09:16 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Mason
you get those emails too?
in as little as 3-5 seconds.

Old 07-11-2007, 09:44 AM
Tech Elite

in as little as 3-5 seconds.

"Bob's getting what every man wants, a little well-earned respect around the neighborhood"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.