Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default Reedy setup

Guys here's my setup I ran at reedy race. My qualifying times were 21-5:01 and 21-5:02 which put me in the middle of the D main... Last year that time would of put you in the A main. I was running the kyosho stallion not the shine.. There was 3 guys who ran the shine... My car felt really good just could not get any power out of my motor... Anyways here it is

Front of car
CC in #2 spacer underneath block
CC in #3 spacer underneath block
2 hole pistons, 35 wt oil, middle shock position, Hpi gold springs
5mm droop on yokomo gauge
blk sway bar, 2.5mm shim on top camberlink
spool, camber 1, toe 0
Arm shims all to the front
Diff position A
1 mm wheel spacer

Rear of car
AA #3 spacer underneath block
EE out #3 spacer underneath block
2 hole piston, 25wt oil, middle shock position, Hpi silver springs
3mm droop
silver sway bar, 1 mm shim on top camberlink
camber 1 degree, toe is 2.5
Arm shims all the way to rear of blocks
Diff position A

I am a B team driver.....

Last edited by King of B Main; 06-01-2007 at 10:37 PM.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Here is my setup from Reedy for the Shin Edition.

The setup was originally developed for the Stallion - Steve Wang continued to run this after I converted my car over - the setup carried over really well.

Old 06-01-2007, 06:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ODEN
Who are the Kyosho America team drivers that use this thread?
That can answer setup questions for the Stallion.

I know we all have our different opinions on what is a good setup for our track that we race on,(what ever country thats in) but in this thread
questions are asked about handling of the stallion and are vaguely answered
like, try 45wt and blue spring that should help! (Maybe).

I have a Stallion it's very good (Love Kyosho), I've gone faster with it than any other car I've have had so far, getting a Shin Version won't help me.

They look great, but I don't need it, my driving consistency is 0.13 of a second 3 out of 5 runs I'm just looking to find small inprovements in the car
at the moment.

So Who are the team drivers that use the Stallion regularly that I can ask
when I'm on RCtech?

(please don't miss understand this request)
There are a number of Team Drivers and owners here to help. Just post away.

The electric onroad program is just starting to ramp up. Under the guidance of Gil Losi Jr and Joel Johnson, with Josh Cyrul leading the charge you can expect good things to come about.

Hopefully we can help you and others out with what you are looking for.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:00 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks Guys, that helps me to ask the right people when I need to
ask.....there is a lot of good people on here(which is great) but some
seem to think if they get the new bit or car that will fix the problem.

Kyosho has got some very good people on board world wide, and I was
very pleased when Joel Johnson became vice at Kyosho America and now Gil losi jr It just looks as though most of the driving part (EP wise) is left
up to Adashi, (who is fantastic by the way) But a bit of a tall order for seemingly just one.

George I don't know if you are related to Adrian Martinez, but what he did on how
to build an MI3 was fantastic and it really would be a great world if all companies did the same!(Kyosho next!)

Thanks for listening, I'm just a Kyosho boy from way back and thanks for the
help.

Last edited by ODEN; 06-02-2007 at 07:18 AM.
Old 06-03-2007, 01:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ODEN
Thanks Guys, that helps me to ask the right people when I need to
ask.....there is a lot of good people on here(which is great) but some
seem to think if they get the new bit or car that will fix the problem.

Kyosho has got some very good people on board world wide, and I was
very pleased when Joel Johnson became vice at Kyosho America and now Gil losi jr It just looks as though most of the driving part (EP wise) is left
up to Adashi, (who is fantastic by the way) But a bit of a tall order for seemingly just one.

George I don't know if you are related to Adrian Martinez, but what he did on how
to build an MI3 was fantastic and it really would be a great world if all companies did the same!(Kyosho next!)
Regarding Adrian no relations to my knowledge although my father was a player who knows

Thanks for listening, I'm just a Kyosho boy from way back and thanks for the
help.
Ran the car today @ the local point series race Qualifed 3rd A 24 5:08
& got hacked really bad in the main batterys started to smoke so I pulled it after 7 laps my friend took the A. I was able to pull exact laps times as 1st place fastest lap 14.6 & the car felt really good confident enough to put in some faster laps but I guess I have to wait till race 2
Old 06-03-2007, 09:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MDawson

The setup was originally developed for the Stallion - Steve Wang continued to run this after I converted my car over - the setup carried over really well.

That was a very good starting setup to go with (Thank you MDawson! ) The only thing I had different was I ran Kyosho springs front and rear (Red in the rear and Yellow up front) similar in idea to MDawson's setup (slight stiffer up front). And the best part was the car felt consistent through out the day (despite the temperature change on the track surface). I was able to turn a 21 laps in 5:02, which was lap times I was never able to do at the Tamiya track before, and it put me 26th out of 100 guys in that round. Not too bad considering it's the first time the production Stallion has been on the Tamiya track If I could squeez one more second and do a 5:01 that would've put me past 10-12 more guys in that round...this year's Reedy Race's 19T class was very tight lots of fun!

Steve Wang

p.s. MDawson...so we going Nats?
Old 06-03-2007, 10:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Kuney has been working with the car up here Steve and MD you might drop him a PM on how it is going. crazy5 in the SIR thread
Old 06-05-2007, 06:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MDawson

Can you post up a bigger picture? Its too small to see some of the writing.

Thanks.
Old 06-05-2007, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by aoizip
Can you post up a bigger picture? Its too small to see some of the writing.

Thanks.
See attached.
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho Touring Car-markdawson_teamkyosho_shinsetup_reedy2007-001.jpg  
Old 06-21-2007, 03:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Default TF-5 shaft or belt

Wanted to know what car will be much better on a small tech. track, we use sugar water as a track additive. The motors that are only allowed to run is the tamiya blackcan sport tuned, rubber tires, and with a final drive ratio of 6.58.1 Also how durable are the new cars are, I have the touring nitro cars and they are very durable
Old 06-21-2007, 04:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by palisocm001
Wanted to know what car will be much better on a small tech. track, we use sugar water as a track additive. The motors that are only allowed to run is the tamiya blackcan sport tuned, rubber tires, and with a final drive ratio of 6.58.1 Also how durable are the new cars are, I have the touring nitro cars and they are very durable
Both cars share equal suspension parts. You will find that durabiilty is not issue, especially with the power that you are describing.

Just curious, is this a special series event that requires blackcan motors?
Old 06-21-2007, 08:35 PM
Tech Rookie

Its not a special event just a local race here in Hawaii on sundays trying to keep the cost down and everyone on a level playing field speed wise. You can run any type of chasis in the touring class except as noted in my earlier post body style as long as its not a wedge type of body.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Mark Dawson or Mike Molina

Would either of you guys have an hour spare on Thursday evening to shoot over to Socal? There is a new guy Kenny who just got himself a TF5 and it has setup issues that you guys might be able to solve for him. He wants to run Socal Friday and BCR saturday so I figured one of you guys could help him out a little..........keep the new blood coming no?
Old 07-10-2007, 08:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GCracker
Mark Dawson or Mike Molina

Would either of you guys have an hour spare on Thursday evening to shoot over to Socal? There is a new guy Kenny who just got himself a TF5 and it has setup issues that you guys might be able to solve for him. He wants to run Socal Friday and BCR saturday so I figured one of you guys could help him out a little..........keep the new blood coming no?
I would be happy to assist on Sat at BCR. If Kenny has questions prior, please ask him to feel free to post here.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thanks Mark I will let him know Thursday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.