Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 06:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Talking

Originally Posted by FTTim
If you preordered a car from Fast Track Hobbies make sure you check your email and junk folders. I sent a email to everyone who preordered from us. WE WILL BE ABLE TO FILL ALL OF OUR PREORDERS!!! We may have 1 or 2 left over too!! Few more days boys!!
All together now: Happy birthday to Yohan(me), happy birthday to Yohan( me , again)....
Old 05-12-2007, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

ran the Mi3 again today on low-med bite ozite (emphasis on low bite)....

played with Chris Ashton's setup somewhat and landed on a decent setup. I was TQ after first round - had a crappy second run - and the last qualifier of the day i picked up the pace by changing a few things and ended up qualifying 2nd out of 14 racers for the day.

Car ran pretty darn good - i am still playing with gaining a little more rear traction - the 3rd qualifier was by far my best run of the day and I would have had TQ by over 2 seconds, but 2 bonehead mistakes on one lap cost me TQ.

I still can't believe how easy this car is to setup and make changes. My only gripe (if you want to call it a gripe) is that changing the roll center is a little cumbersome, not difficult, but just a little akward.....

This was my 3rd time out with the car - and my second time out on carpet - so i am very pleased thus far with the car.

Couple of observations:
-- Shocks are easy to rebuild - the easiest of any car that i have had thus far - I LOVE the self bleed hole up at the top.

-- Car is pretty stiff as it sits - I am sure in high bite situations you will want the thicker chassis - but i think the way the bulkheads are engineered are great and make the car as stiff as you would need for most club level applications

-- No lie - diff really only takes 2 screws to take out - everyone that has looked at my car flips out and loves not only the idea of the ease to change out the diffs, but also the notched bearing holders to change diff ride height and belt tension

-- The stock bearings are great - the car is super free - i did have to loosen the belts one notch off the "dot"

-- Camber link is super easy to change and has virtually an infinite number of adjustments to apply it in almost every situation needed

-- The car rotates like a champ - that is one thing that I struggled with at first - i had to settle the rear end down in order to make it driveable

-- I love it!!!

McGoo
Old 05-12-2007, 08:33 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr. McGoo
Couple of observations:
-- Shocks are easy to rebuild - the easiest of any car that i have had thus far - I LOVE the self bleed hole up at the top.
McGoo
So is it really as easy as the manual makes it look. Just fill, stick on the bladder, cap it, and thats it? No holding the shaft up in the shock body to get just the right build like with some other shocks, no loosening and tightening the cap over and over again to get rid of unwanted rebound.

Is it really as easy as the manual suggest?
Old 05-12-2007, 08:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Darkseid
So is it really as easy as the manual makes it look. Just fill, stick on the bladder, cap it, and thats it? No holding the shaft up in the shock body to get just the right build like with some other shocks, no loosening and tightening the cap over and over again to get rid of unwanted rebound.

Is it really as easy as the manual suggest?
Yup, piston all the way down, fill oil to top, put on the bladder, tighten the cap and all 4 shock are identical every time
Old 05-12-2007, 10:05 PM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Had a good day on asphalt with the Mi3 today. Was also testing with 5 cell. Made a lot of changes and the car got better every time. Qualified 2nd after dumping in both qualifiers due to not having the gearing right for 5 cell. Adjusted it for the main and won. I'll upload my setup to www.gearchart.com tomorrow.
Old 05-12-2007, 10:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Thanx for the update McGoo
Old 05-12-2007, 10:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sigearhead
Kevin K. is that you? You look way too sophisticated to be an RC racer!
"Is that you?" Now that's funny!
Old 05-12-2007, 10:22 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AdrianM
Yup, piston all the way down, fill oil to top, put on the bladder, tighten the cap and all 4 shock are identical every time
Well this I GOTTA see! That would definitely be a first for any shock I've ever built.
Old 05-12-2007, 10:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

More Reedy Race testing today. Got 8 packs through the car. The same very tight track we were on last week. I've been able to get the car to steer like crazy and I still have more things I could do to get more if needed. A few minor changes here and there and the car was pretty good by the end of the day. I've still got one more test day next Saturday before the Reedy Race. I still have some things I want to try before I post up any setups. It's still a work in progress. Not too much different from the setup PW had us start with. But enough.
Old 05-12-2007, 10:28 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Darkseid
Well this I GOTTA see! That would definitely be a first for any shock I've ever built.
These really are the easiest I've built. Just like Adrian said. I ran the TRF shocks in the Mi2 days before the EC and even the EC shocks. They're both really good shocks. (The only diff. between the EC and Mi3 shocks are the bleed cap I think.) But they weren't all that easy to get equal. All four of my shocks had the cap screwed on once and that's it and all 4 couldn't get more equal.
Old 05-12-2007, 10:31 PM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

http://www.gearchart.com/setup/setup..._MO_Norcal.pdf

OK, my setups is posted now.
Old 05-12-2007, 10:35 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I got to head to SoCal again today for some racing. Car worked good again, still working on bringing out all the steering but I made a lot of progress today.

One question I have for anyone out there, is if anyone knows of a diff gear with either 35 or 37 teeth on the pulley?
Old 05-12-2007, 10:50 PM
Tech Champion

Looking for overdrive? I think the Tamiya 414 pulley was 35. I know Donny built an overdrive spool for the Mi2 and I think that was the pulley he used. I'll ask him.

BTW- Sorry for not getting up to Socal after practice today. Just couldn't do it with my back getting sore that early in the day.
Old 05-12-2007, 11:08 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I guess I'm just used to overdrive now, and would definately like to have the option.. Let me know on that part
Old 05-12-2007, 11:12 PM
Tech Champion

I always liked it on the XXXS when I ran that car. Even with a one way in it. I'd like to give it a try too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.