Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 03:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin K

Lets all take a deep breath and moment to laugh at the Heat...lol.....and relax and see what officially happens.
here we go again the bulls are not going to win anything no time soon beatin' miami was your championship as far as is being offical from schumacher that info came straight from A M, maybe in I'm lucky ill have it before Tag's race in june but I do have parts
Old 05-02-2007, 03:06 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
here we go again the bulls are not going to win anything no time soon beatin' miami was your championship as far as is being offical from schumacher that info came straight from A M, maybe in I'm lucky ill have it before Tag's race in june but I do have parts
you can always try to convert your traxxas with the mi3 parts
Old 05-02-2007, 03:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
you can always try to convert your traxxas with the mi3 parts

I'll make sure a stay away from type-R A-arms on my Traxxas
Old 05-02-2007, 03:19 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by Skiddins
I used the Grey items, luckily I had some spare in my EC spares box
I picked up a set of greys when I bought the other spares that the EC and Mi3 share. I plan on building the car from the start with the greys and using the kits as spares.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:25 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Customworksking
did the parts make it to the US yet ?
We have some MI3 parts in stock.

http://www.fasttrackhobbies.com/cata...p?cPath=47_104

Last edited by fast track; 05-02-2007 at 06:26 PM.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:39 PM
Regional Moderator

Hey fast track, you may want to check that link you just posted. Its not going to anything but a error page.

The first link you posted worked though.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:50 PM
Tech Elite

A Cut up Kimbrough Medium Servo Saver Model #201, it's quite a bit shorter than the original Mi3 but I still get full lock to lock.

Old 05-02-2007, 06:26 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Darkseid
Hey fast track, you may want to check that link you just posted. Its not going to anything but a error page.

The first link you posted worked though.

fixed....Thank you
Old 05-02-2007, 07:22 PM
Tech Addict

Track ready for SoCal this saturday.
Attached Thumbnails Schumacher Corner-p5020001.jpg   Schumacher Corner-p5020002.jpg   Schumacher Corner-p5020003.jpg  
Old 05-02-2007, 07:46 PM
Regional Moderator

Hey Skiddins: I got a hot tip for you that I've been sharing for quite some time over on the TA05 thread in reguards to the kimbrough medium. The one you using is the predrill model. The top hole on that isn't very high when compared to most servo arms.

Here's what you do, get this Kimbrough medium w/o holes. Instead of predrilled holes, it has 'outlines'. And one of these outlines is in the middle, but its up above the hole that your currently using.

If it will clear the upper deck, this should get you pretty much back to the original throw the car was intended to have with the kit arm.

Take a look at the pic I've attached and see how much higher the mounting hole is.
Attached Thumbnails Schumacher Corner-servo-saver.jpg  
Old 05-02-2007, 07:51 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by Mopar
Track ready for SoCal this saturday.
Mopar: I can't tell from the pic, how do you have your antenna mounted. I'm still checking for ideas in that department.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:28 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Darkseid
Mopar: I can't tell from the pic, how do you have your antenna mounted. I'm still checking for ideas in that department.
It's one piece from U2882, servo adaptor trimmed down and servo-taped to top of the receiver. Don't know if you can see from the pics.
Attached Thumbnails Schumacher Corner-p5020004.jpg   Schumacher Corner-p5020005.jpg  
Old 05-03-2007, 12:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skiddins
For those interested in body mounting, the front mount holes appear to be the same position as the EC/Mi2/Mission etc

The rear holes, width wise, are in between the carpet and asphalt towers (of course ) THey appear to be about 3mm further apart than the carpet tower mounts and about 6mm further back.

Skiddins
The front holes are in fact slightly further forward and slightly narrower together than my Mi2 front mounts. When I put a speed 6 on my car that was mounted for the EC it was too far forward, however I could squeeze the posts through if I wanted, but like I said it was too far forward. Rear mounts vs. the asphalt EC tower were a little narrower and further back.

However the holes were close enough that I was able to remount the body by setting it into position and looking through the old body post hole to where the new body post was and mark its position. The front posts were too close to the old holes so I had to use stick on body washers since the holes overlapped.

Skiddins - a shorter arm isn't necessarily a bad thing, since you don't have to turn your steering EPA or DR down you will get more resolution out of the servo. With the stock arm, no servo saver, I had to turn the EPA down to about 55 on the M11. If I went shorter on the arm the steering might be a tad slower, but more precise. I may give it a shot though to see how it feels.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Yeah, I just mounted a Mazda 6 I had drilled for the EC and it's too far forward. My front mounts were perfect distance apart though. But like you said, too far forward.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Yeah, distance wasn't too far off. Just looked at my old mounts and they're angled slightly to the outside .

But DAMN is this car awesome to drive. I can only describe it to people who felt how smooth the rear diff is, and it drives about 10 times smoother . It's so smooth and easy to drive and is very hard to disrupt it. I had to make the car harder to drive because I wasn't used to the car driving itself LOL. The tire wear is way better than the old car, I could probably get 3 more solid runs out of a set of tires. From like 4 good runs to about 7 in 19t.

Only one thing I want, and that's the CF bumper brace pictured on the box .

Did anyone else have any issues with the new RP30 rims rubbing the rear arms a tiny bit? I don't know why they were, but I ground down the front and rear bottom edges behind the wheel.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.