Wiki Posts
Search

Sirio S12 TUP PRO Engine

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2003, 12:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Sirio S12 TUP PRO Engine

Considering this engine for my ntc3. So, does anyone have tried this engine? How about the performance, durability, reliably of the Sirio engine.
Old 03-16-2003, 07:04 PM
Tech Elite

Just finished breaking in one for my friend. It seems like a good engine. I'm not sure if I have the same engine you are talking about. This is a regular 3-port w/ SG shaft. Faster than my TOP (before being modified). Bad things I have heard but not experienced are: 1) Sensitive carb 2) bad connecting rods
Old 03-16-2003, 07:11 PM
Tech Adept

Where did you get the motor? If you got in the US then it pobably is just one of the std. motors that trinity imports. If you got it outside of the US then it could be one of the good motors that they make. I cant remember what the designation is but there are two versions that are sold. One is the std motor and the other is a hand mod version. Either way you got a fast motor.
Old 03-17-2003, 02:24 PM
Tech Regular

Default Sirio TRP & TRP Pro

Originally posted by JPHRacer
Where did you get the motor? If you got in the US then it pobably is just one of the std. motors that trinity imports. If you got it outside of the US then it could be one of the good motors that they make. I cant remember what the designation is but there are two versions that are sold. One is the std motor and the other is a hand mod version. Either way you got a fast motor.
Both motors have been availble in the US for quite some time now. I own both. I have not opened my TRP Pro yet but I have gotten some good results with the Standard TRP 3 port. If you guys need any break in tips, plug and fuel suggestions, I would be more than happy to share!
Old 03-17-2003, 06:08 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Sirio TRP & TRP Pro

Originally posted by Bounty Hunter
Both motors have been availble in the US for quite some time now. I own both. I have not opened my TRP Pro yet but I have gotten some good results with the Standard TRP 3 port. If you guys need any break in tips, plug and fuel suggestions, I would be more than happy to share!
The TRP PRO 3 port is AAC contruction while the TRP 3 port is the ABC contruction. Have you opened up both to see the differences inside?

Also, what plugs are you using? Standard or turbo? Brand? Hot / cold?
Old 03-17-2003, 09:12 PM
Tech Adept

No, the modified one, I think is called AUF or somthing. I know that it is not imported by trinity.
Old 03-18-2003, 06:25 AM
Tech Addict

If you guys need any break in tips, plug and fuel suggestions, I would be more than happy to share!
Just bought the Sirio S12 TUP turbo.
Bounty Hunter, appreciate if you can provide me some guide to break in the engine and to maintain it.
Old 03-18-2003, 10:24 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Sirio TRP & TRP Pro

Originally posted by InitialD
The TRP PRO 3 port is AAC contruction while the TRP 3 port is the ABC contruction. Have you opened up both to see the differences inside?

Also, what plugs are you using? Standard or turbo? Brand? Hot / cold?
I believe that the TRP PRO is a Turbo button 5 port not a 3 port
Old 03-18-2003, 10:34 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by hashini
Just bought the Sirio S12 TUP turbo.
Bounty Hunter, appreciate if you can provide me some guide to break in the engine and to maintain it.
Well first off I use Odonnel 30% and RB Plugs. I use a #4 which is a Med Hot plug (different plug manufacturers use different scales). I have found this plug to be equivalent to a Mccoy MC59. The Mccoy however does have a wider temp range that it can handle. Anyways I use a #4 for break in, about 4 tanks idle on the starter box. Just leave the factory settings on the low end the same. Always remember to look for lots of smoke from the pipe, and the pipe should be spitting plenty of oil. After 4 tanks ont he box you now move to the track and do another 4 tanks at the same settings. Remeber to not run at any one given RPM for any extended period of time. Just blip the throttle around the track. After you have done that, I then move to a RB #6 (Med Cold) and start the lean in the top end needle. Remember to only lean in an hour to 2 hours at a time. I would get the engine running to about 220 and run your entire gallon through it. Once your gallon is done then I bump it to race temps (260-270). For the price the motor screams. The only drawback is the time it takes to break the sucker in.
Old 03-18-2003, 11:17 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks Hunter. BTW how long did use this engine
Old 03-18-2003, 06:30 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by hashini
Thanks Hunter. BTW how long did use this engine
I am on month 5 with this motor.