Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RB concept or Ninja?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 07:13 AM
Tech Adept

Default RB concept or Ninja?

I'am thinking of building a 1/8 scale on-road car for pure speed as I'am not into racing. Was thinking of going for a higher gear ratio to achieve a high top speed but now I'am kinda stuck with so many different choices for engines...I'am currently looking at the RB C6 RODY modded engine and the NINJA R21A engine. The Novarossi 35plus21 is a little out of my budget so its a no no for me...
Old 02-24-2007, 08:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

a rody modded c6 will cost you a lil less than a 35 plus and the ninja will give you the rpm range you would need but if they are available where you live best bang for your buck would be the mega .21 that would be plenty of what you need you can even call maxy fuels and have him mod it to drag race and you will still spend less than either engine you are looking into and you will get the pipe with the power pack
Old 02-24-2007, 08:37 AM
Tech Adept

Its harder for me to get someone to do me a mod engine in where i live. Its probably easier to get MODS done by KONDO or M-Speed though....I want something that's smooth, has loads of power and reliable...Heard that RB engines are real power houses...
Old 02-24-2007, 08:40 AM
Tech Addict

you can buy premodded engines from http://murnanmodified.com if you really want a modded engine this is what I'd do. I'd buy it already modded.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

YEAH I CAN VOUCH FOR HIM MURNAN HAS SOME MODS FOR YA BUT HE AINT HARDLY CHEAP!
Old 02-24-2007, 09:32 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by slowpokeRRR
YEAH I CAN VOUCH FOR HIM MURNAN HAS SOME MODS FOR YA BUT HE AINT HARDLY CHEAP!
stop yelling in caps! This is the most annoying thing someone can ever do online.

Also...if you want fast and you want quality you gotta pay for it. Period. If someone is trying to get all the speed they can get they can't go cheap cause they would be sacrificing power they could have by spending more.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:54 AM
Tech Adept

Hmmm, so how about the C6 Rody?
Old 02-24-2007, 10:21 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by razer123
it's a good motor, I've seen it on a MRX4. Obviously the only way to find the best motor is on a dyno test, but then that doesn't tell the whole story. Peak HP doesn't mean it will have the same bottom end.

I'd just go with your gut. What motor hits you right and that's the one.
Old 02-24-2007, 10:24 AM
Tech Addict

I have a NIB Max Power .21 MF XRS (Massimo Fantini). Very fast motor and only selling for $400 + shipping and ins..
Old 02-24-2007, 10:28 AM
Tech Master

Its harder for me to get someone to do me a mod engine in where i live. Its probably easier to get MODS done by KONDO or M-Speed though....I want something that's smooth, has loads of power and reliable...Heard that RB engines are real power houses...
they will give you what you need !!!!!!!
Old 02-24-2007, 10:38 AM
Tech Master

you will not be sorry with it just take your time on the brake in and it will give you the power
Old 02-24-2007, 02:48 PM
Tech Master

The Ninja has a real smooth power band ... and a nice top end wind out ..
Old 02-24-2007, 08:55 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MassiveMods
The Ninja has a real smooth power band ... and a nice top end wind out ..
So its sort of like the RB engine? I actually gave the RB WS7 3 buggy engine a go yesterday and compared to my novarossi, it was really really smooth. Didn't sound screaming or powerful, but when we ran the straights, I had problems catching up with it... It was screaming like the nova yet it was picking up faster with it. And damn, was it buttery smooth. High rev and back to idle without a single RPM instability. Liked it alot. So I was wondering if the NINJA engines could give me the same performance.

Also, I'am looking at the three cars, SERPENT 960, 07 model which will be here in 7 days time or the MUGEN MRX-4R that'll be back in stock in 10 days time or wait for the Kyosho EVOLVA 07 model...The shop selling the mugen has all the kawahara stuff and ninja engines and full line of mugen hop up parts. As for the shop selling the serpent, they've got the full line of RB engine. Kyosho is kinda available everywhere....Some people told me that you can't really go wrong with either brands since it ultimately depends on your setup at the end of the day. I thought it was pretty true since many different on road race results proved that all three cars had a pretty good track record...So I guess I need a little guide on that.

As for the engine, I was thinking of the MRX-4R + ninja combo or MRX4R + the C6 rody combo or the serpent 960 + C6 rody combo....
Old 02-25-2007, 12:57 AM
Suspended

So its sort of like the RB engine? I actually gave the RB WS7 3 buggy engine a go yesterday and compared to my novarossi, it was really really smooth. Didn't sound screaming or powerful, but when we ran the straights, I had problems catching up with it... It was screaming like the nova yet it was picking up faster with it. And damn, was it buttery smooth. High rev and back to idle without a single RPM instability. Liked it alot. So I was wondering if the NINJA engines could give me the same performance.

Also, I'am looking at the three cars, SERPENT 960, 07 model which will be here in 7 days time or the MUGEN MRX-4R that'll be back in stock in 10 days time or wait for the Kyosho EVOLVA 07 model...The shop selling the mugen has all the kawahara stuff and ninja engines and full line of mugen hop up parts. As for the shop selling the serpent, they've got the full line of RB engine. Kyosho is kinda available everywhere....Some people told me that you can't really go wrong with either brands since it ultimately depends on your setup at the end of the day. I thought it was pretty true since many different on road race results proved that all three cars had a pretty good track record...So I guess I need a little guide on that.

As for the engine, I was thinking of the MRX-4R + ninja combo or MRX4R + the C6 rody combo or the serpent 960 + C6 rody combo....
get the 960
Old 02-25-2007, 04:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Dude, if all you are going to use the car for is speed, get the most inexpensive one and throw in the RB C6! The speed you are talking about is power to weight ratio. RB has the power, but you want to make the car as light as possible (if your not racing). So actually get the car that seems to have the lightest set up and the most lightweight hop ups available to you. So maybe the cheapest car isn't the best route, would need to research the cars and aftermarket parts to trully decide since they are all good cars. Good luck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.