RDX vs. T2 07

Old 02-12-2007, 12:00 PM
Tech Initiate

Exclamation RDX vs. T2 07

I recently drove my TC3 into the ground, and am definately looking for an upgrade to keep up with the fast guys at my local track. And by drove into the ground, i mean it is done for. At the track, someone has a brand new RDX (he owns 3 of them, was going to use this one for summer but found out he has to work while we race) and someone is also selling a T2 07. Our track has a lot of XRay parts, but a hobby shop not more than 3 miles away carries Corally. So parts isn't that big of deal.

Now, I know it definately does depend on drive style, but i'm looking to see what everybody thinks of them. Someone has said that the RDX can handle a little better, but is much more fragile. Any help here would be much appreciated in advance.

Also, I need a good servo. My Hi-Tec seems to not want to center properly, which is a huge problem. I was thinking about a Futaba 9550. Thoughts?
Old 02-12-2007, 12:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Also.. a little overview on the track. Tight, carpet track. Ride height 4.5. Fast straightaway. Stock class.

Using Novak GT7, Co27 Stock Motor
Old 02-12-2007, 01:57 PM
Tech Elite

Either car is capable of winning at any level. It comes down to set up and driving. The Xray you talk about is a generation old, but still capable. XRay comes out with a new version every year and Corally is getting ready to release a new version soon. Both can break if you hit something so it comes down to personal preference. On carpet, they both have won.
Old 02-12-2007, 02:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Xray has already replaced the '07? I think you meant the Corally will soon be a generation old (well so will the Xray but that is a given).

Originally Posted by edseb
Either car is capable of winning at any level. It comes down to set up and driving. The Xray you talk about is a generation old, but still capable. XRay comes out with a new version every year and Corally is getting ready to release a new version soon. Both can break if you hit something so it comes down to personal preference. On carpet, they both have won.
Old 02-12-2007, 02:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

Personally I say Xray, because having parts availability at the track is a major plus. Unless you want to run down the street during qualifiers to buy replacements when you break. Not to mention having a car that most of the club has is great for advice on set ups etc...

As well you know I'm a noob and so far I have broken nothing. Speaking of make sure to get the big bumper CEFX makes its a life saver.
Old 02-12-2007, 02:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by or8ital
Xray has already replaced the '07? I think you meant the Corally will soon be a generation old (well so will the Xray but that is a given).
Oops, you're right I'm getting all the numbers of their cars mixed up. Yeah that's their current car, but changed every year.
Old 02-12-2007, 02:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

raced both....still own 007. For me, its the better car, a lot easier to work on
Old 02-12-2007, 02:49 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

If you're buying new, you should probably get the T2'007. The RDX is on its way out, and doesn't have many of the modern conveniences of the 007. It's still a great car, but it'll be forgotten in a few months when the RDX Phi gets all the attention.
Old 02-12-2007, 04:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I've had both recently. Sold the RDX. Kept the OO7, and I like it alot. Both cars drive nice and are capable winners as major race results show. The Xray is easier to work on. It's diffs seem to stay adjusted better and last much longer. My LHS stocks parts for it which is important. There's lots of good team driver setup info posted regularly on the xray site. But mostly I appreciate that the Xray is very compedative just as it comes from the factory (the US version even comes with the right spring combo for carpet), while most guys feel the need to add hundreds of dollars of optional / upgrade parts to their RDX cars in order to optimize them for carpet. I just couldn't justify spending so much on upgrading an already expensive car. Only thing i've changed to get my 007 dialed for carpet is switching to the 6 degree caster blocks (and those are inexpensive parts). Aside from that, mine's completely stock (with a team driver's posted setup on it).....and it drives sweet.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for the great info everybody! To me, it's always been a coin toss. Still not completely sure which one to go with. This sunday, the Stock A Main was taken with a RDX, 2nd and 3rd were 007's, and 4th was a Kyosho.

Cyb, i'll see you tommorrow as it is, but come race time we'll see which car is better (dare i say, driver rather ::wink:

Also, which servo you think would be great for carpet racing? I was looking at the Fubata 9550 but someone said get a KO because they center a lot better.. Thoughts?
Old 02-12-2007, 08:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ninja, Paul L. recommends the Futaba 9550. If it works for him, it won't hold you back.

I think it's fair the say that the 007 isn't necessarily faster than three or four other cars on the market. For me, though, the quality, fact that it comes perfect for carpet foam racing right out of the box (except 6deg C-hubs), and that I can make so many adjustments without buying extra parts, and clicker shock pistons, set it apart. Parts support is phenomenal, and almost all the fast guys in my region drive it, so it's a learning advantage.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by vafactor
I've had both recently. Sold the RDX. Kept the OO7, and I like it alot. Both cars drive nice and are capable winners as major race results show. The Xray is easier to work on. It's diffs seem to stay adjusted better and last much longer. My LHS stocks parts for it which is important. There's lots of good team driver setup info posted regularly on the xray site. But mostly I appreciate that the Xray is very compedative just as it comes from the factory (the US version even comes with the right spring combo for carpet), while most guys feel the need to add hundreds of dollars of optional / upgrade parts to their RDX cars in order to optimize them for carpet. I just couldn't justify spending so much on upgrading an already expensive car. Only thing i've changed to get my 007 dialed for carpet is switching to the 6 degree caster blocks (and those are inexpensive parts). Aside from that, mine's completely stock (with a team driver's posted setup on it).....and it drives sweet.
uuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmm
Old 02-12-2007, 08:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

i would say the corally.. just because the car is a great performer and with thre release of the phi maybe look into that car as it willbe an improvement over the previous car..
Old 02-12-2007, 09:01 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks much again guys.

I am definately looking at the Futaba 9550 as well. Although one of my buddies lives and dies by KO, as does CEFX (raceway i race at). I know they have one that is .08. I thought about picking that one up. I'm not sure if either have metal gears.

Also, should i be looking at the coreless motors in servo's?
Old 02-13-2007, 01:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)

Xray T2'007 hands down for me
Goodluck!!

Toink

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.