Yokomo MR-4 TC Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo MR-4 TC Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2003, 01:41 PM
Tech Adept

Anyone have Sneak peeks of the NEw yokomo? haha i really want to see it haah. Yeah dont mess with the arms to make it light if you want to make your car flex more cut out certain section on the Upper deck which will make it flex. I would not do any mod to the car just in case of a big race the SP is under weight you have to put a weight of a stock on the car thats alot of weight ,
Old 02-23-2003, 07:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Steering Problems

Hey guys, still having some problems with my friends SP. When he is driving and turns the wheels half way+ the inside wheel moves back and forth quite abit. If you hold the car in your hands and turn the wheels, you can take the inside wheel and move it quite a bit. Is this normal? Also, I have seen some pictures online of some sp's and they seem to have a different steering setup, like the servo is turned 90 degrees and moved forward from the stock location, what does that do and how is it done?

Thanks, Blake.
Old 02-24-2003, 09:36 AM
Tech Adept

Well what the position of the servo facing forward does is that it increases steering and add a little more rear traction to the car.And I think you have a bent dog bone check that. If you still have the Aluminum ones they tend to bend and break easy. I personally did the steering mod its better but it gets a little twitchy and you soon have to learn how to drive it again. I liked it but then sometimes I hated it.
Old 02-24-2003, 12:18 PM
Tech Adept

Default blakes rc

yeah this play normal, it happens on my car, even if you get new ballends and cups its still happens.

sanj
Old 02-25-2003, 12:47 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

I have done the servo mod on my car, and like it. In fact my Yoke has been this way for some 2 years now. It moves the weight further forward, and also gives you more space for the electrics.

I fitted the new 1 degree kick up front bulkhead some days ago, and encountered another problem. Apart from the drive shaft angle getting even worse, the drive shafts also started hitting the C blocks.

I got round it by moving the front wishbones back by 1.5mm. All I did was took 1.5mm off the inside front of the wishbone and put a 1.5mm spacer between the bulkhead and the rear of the wishbone. I'm not sure I'm explaining myself clearly enough but it is actually very simple. basically it moves the wishbone back, which means your car is slightly shorter - better for twisty tracks, and your drive shafts are straighter - which means more efficiency and speed. I also put another 1.5mm spacer between the front of the wishbone and the bumper.

I don'tknow if I'm imagining but the car felt more responsive, and my lap times actually came down a fraction too.

Just one suggestion. Prepare a set of modified wishbones in case you need one in a hurry at a race meeting.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 02-25-2003, 06:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I ran the new front bulkhead a couple weeks ago and liked it as well. It seemed to give me more on-power steering, probably from the reduced kickup. It made the car more responsive for me too.
Old 02-27-2003, 02:25 AM
Tech Adept

Default Gear

Does the mr4tc use a 48pitch pinion gear?
Old 02-27-2003, 04:33 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Gear

Originally posted by marc
Does the mr4tc use a 48pitch pinion gear?
yes it does, if you have a custom/r or anything with a plastic gear adaptor you are limited to the Yokomo spur. if you have the pro/one way or SP gear adaptor you can use any brand of spur (Kimbrough require a bit of sanding though)

sanj
Old 02-27-2003, 12:02 PM
Tech Regular

Hey since no one will ever even look at my post in the 1/12th scale forum, can anyone tell me if the new YRX12 worlds car is any good? I just bought one but wont be able to run it yet
Old 02-28-2003, 01:06 AM
Tech Master

YOSHI, greetings from Malta.

Sorry I can't help. We don't do 1/12th here so have no experience with them.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 02-28-2003, 01:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yoshi,

there is a thread on the 1/12th Yokomo located page 5,
here is the link ;
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...&threadid=8867

Johnbull,
your site is cool, however new pictures and race reports are welcome

Guys, do you use the upper link on the front bulkhead ?
I never tried it yet, just wondering what are the differences you noticed.

regards,

Last edited by Ralf; 02-28-2003 at 01:34 AM.
Old 02-28-2003, 06:43 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys. greetings from Malta.

RALF.

Thanks for compliments on the IRMCC website.

I'm afraid I am not the webmaster so I really have no control over what goes in, except for 4 items which the webmaster has now thought me how to update. These are track design for the month, race report, last race meeting results, and championship standings. All these are up to date, and will hopefully be updated again on Monday, after next Sunday's 10th round of the championships.

Re upper/outer link, yes I have been using an outer mounting for the top link for many years, except that mine forms part of a triangle - tower to hub, hub to top of steering levers - forming a triangle.

Back to the website I have passed on lots of pictures which await posting.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 02-28-2003, 07:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

"upper link on the front bulkhead ?"

by that I mean if anyone noticed a difference in the performance of the chassis, in which situation do you use this ? what are the pros and cons ?
Old 02-28-2003, 08:18 AM
Tech Adept

Default MR4TC SD SSG

http://www.teamyokomo.com/japan/
MR4TC SD version
anyone noticed any different just from the background pic?
hint hint.. in the middle of the car
Old 02-28-2003, 08:20 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: MR4TC SD SSG

Originally posted by Mingfinity
http://www.teamyokomo.com/japan/
MR4TC SD version
anyone noticed any different just from the background pic?
hint hint.. in the middle of the car
HERE is the answer

http://www.teamyokomo.com/japan/newp...o/mrtc-sd1.jpg

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.