Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree288Likes

Tamiya mini cooper

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 03:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

if you have the M03M Swift kit, the wheelbase is 225, so it matches the Civic body right on.

if you have the other style chassis, there is a parts tree thqat has the center spacer for 225 in it.. dont remember the # offhand...
Old 11-28-2006, 03:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default M03 Motor Mount Heatsink for sale

So, I have no idea how I did it, but I managed to order 2 of the Tamiya Motor Mount Heat Sinks from 2 different sellers !!
So, as a result I have 1 for sale.
Fits all the M03 cars ( 03, 03M, 03L)
I have the other one on my car, and it looks great !
$10 (shipped) should do it if anyone is interested
Stu
Old 11-28-2006, 05:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EngTat
cool, also i have a q, for opt 53344 can it be use in m03l the swift kit?
It fits all the M03s.

But...I wouldnt waste my money on it. Its pretty much a complete waste. You're better off using a clip-on heat sink if you really feel the need for one.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:42 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Turbonium
if you have the M03M Swift kit, the wheelbase is 225, so it matches the Civic body right on.

if you have the other style chassis, there is a parts tree thqat has the center spacer for 225 in it.. dont remember the # offhand...
Here's the Tamiya part # Wes was refering to 51238 M-03M F PARTS (Upright). The beauty of this for non M03M owners is that it also has the new style knuckles and toe in blocks for the rear as well as the carriers.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:34 PM
Tech Elite

Brandons got it in one, its THE hot-up for M chassis owners wanting to upgrade.

However, dont forget that if you go down this road you also need new bearings as the new parts use different sizes to the standard M03/M03L ones.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:42 PM
Tech Elite

Are there aluminum versions of these "new style" knuckles for the M03M and others?

Brant
Old 11-28-2006, 10:45 PM
Tech Elite

Also, this Civic body you guys are talking about, is it a Tamiya body or who's? Thanks

Brant
Old 11-28-2006, 11:01 PM
Tech Elite

The whole point of the 'new style' knuckles is that they're strong enough that you don't need to upgrade to alloy ones!

The Civic body is a HPI one Brant.
Old 11-28-2006, 11:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

How do the FWD and RWD chassis compare. Are they raced toghter? Is one faster the the other?
Old 11-28-2006, 11:59 PM
Tech Rookie

Default m chassis's

I have just purchased a mo4m mazda after driving a m03m for a drive day.I have dun the normal hop ups for the car and I have found it to be a good solid car to drive. With the standard silver can motor installed and the 21 pinion my car was slower in a straight line.
But power down out of corners and just a little understeer with the hand controller set for a small amount of brake it was fun to have a race with differant handling types of cars. I like the mini m03m but I just wanted somthing differant. I have found that with the two differant cars that there is more over taking and re-overtaking in my part of the track anyway.
I think that if you can have two differant type of chassis but the racing is nice and close that is what the racing game is all about.
If I can run 5th in a race but 4th and 6th were at the nose and rear of my car for 5 minutes that is more of a buzz than anything.
You guys that dont like the m04m car, fine but dont stop good racing because of something differant.
PS what is going to happen with the 4wd after market chassis.
PSS I had to goto Hong Kong to get the car for I live in Australia
Old 11-29-2006, 01:35 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by POOKYT
Are there aluminum versions of these "new style" knuckles for the M03M and others?

Brant
SQUARE makes some, checkout this ebay shop for other aluminum bling!

http://stores.ebay.com/Jasons-Store_...QQftidZ2QQtZkm
Old 11-29-2006, 07:09 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

To be strictly TCS legal we're going to have to stick to Tamiya hop-ups, which is fine because most of their stuff is good. I read over the rules and spoke with snopro31 when we were braving the icey highways all the way to our WCICS event this last weekend and it looks like only Tamiya bodies are allowed as well.

So. My question becomes, why can't we use HPI bodies? They are the same thickness, density and all that lovely stuff, but they just look more trick. If you're wondering what I'm talking about here's a quick rundown.

There's three M03 chassis available.

M03 - which has a Tamiya Rover body for it, and HPI makes a "Mini Rover" body that has a cool little wing and extended front grill.

M03M - which has a Tamiya Swift body, but HPI also makes a VW Jetta hatchback body for that looks pretty sweet.

M03L - which has a Tamiya BMW Mini Body for it, and HPI also makes a Civic hatchback body that will fit it.

Again the question comes, why can't we use bodies other than Tamiya? I'm sure there's lots of people who prefer the standard bodies, but I for one love my HPI Rover body that I picked up, it just looks more....racy...you know?

Oh, and 3Racing makes lots of hop-ups for Tamiya stuff, but their stuff isn't TCS legal, Tamiya has a part number, but no picture, for the new M03M arms in a hopup metal version.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:39 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by darkfox
Oh, and 3Racing makes lots of hop-ups for Tamiya stuff, but their stuff isn't TCS legal, Tamiya has a part number, but no picture, for the new M03M arms in a hopup metal version.
Just my experience but 3racing stuff is made in china and not so durable. Bought an aluminum wheel axle for m03m and after one crash it was bent. Might be my badluck but i will never buy their stuff again. Try Tech Racing , Square or Tobee products. Made in Japan.. nuf said.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:35 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by AdrianM
How do the FWD and RWD chassis compare. Are they raced toghter? Is one faster the the other?
RWD ( M04 ) are faster on straight due to final gear ratio and RWD.

However, RWD is more difficult to steer ( spin out ).

Mini class are the most fun to race and the most relax, so enjoy ..... trust me.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by asw7576
RWD ( M04 ) are faster on straight due to final gear ratio and RWD.

However, RWD is more difficult to steer ( spin out ).

Mini class are the most fun to race and the most relax, so enjoy ..... trust me.
Our Mini spec racing class (and TCS races) actually limits the M-04 pinion to 19T, and keeps the M-03's at 20T. This evens out the field a bit, as M-04's have better corner speed, figure to let the M03's have the better top end and keep it more even. Indoors, the 04 does quite well beause of its much lower CG and touring-like handling, but once outdoors on a larger track the M03's are faster in TCS races.
In regular club races outdoors we switch to black cans and 21T pinions, otherwise things would be too slow. It makes the rear traction tricky, but those who can master it tend to dominate because of the higher ratio..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.