Wiki Posts
Search

Batteries

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2006, 07:27 AM
Tech Adept

Default Batteries

Hey Guys,

I'm new to the electric game and it's time to ask a battery question.

I have 2 packs, Voodoo 4200. I left a charge in them after my run and discharged them at 30A before charging this morning. I immediately put one on charge at 6A w/ cutoff of 3mV/C.

The pack got up to 4300mAh before I uplugged it, I figured, 4200mAh pack getting to 4300mAh, not good. Am I correct? Or should I have let it do it's thing? I'm charging it on an Integy cooling deck (computer fan w/ 2 battery trays on it)

I'm wanting to race these packs today, so another question arises, my goal was to cycle them this morning to make sure I get max performance this afternoon, is this a good idea? Ex. pull packs out, discharge, put a full charge in, 1.5-2 hours later, discharge at 30A, recharge, race... Was my plan..

Any feedback is appreciated!
Old 11-18-2006, 07:47 AM
Tech Elite

my SMC 4200 packs charge to 4550, i run than let them sit discharge than i charge for 500 sec till the next week, than i discharge than charge at 6A than run, if you dont put 500 to 600 sec of charge back in the pack the pack will die,and if you are gona let them sit for longer than a week than fully charge them. the 4200 cells discharge so fast and the IR is so low 1.4 to 1.1.
Old 11-18-2006, 12:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by frankc420
Hey Guys,

I'm new to the electric game and it's time to ask a battery question.

I have 2 packs, Voodoo 4200. I left a charge in them after my run and discharged them at 30A before charging this morning. I immediately put one on charge at 6A w/ cutoff of 3mV/C.

The pack got up to 4300mAh before I uplugged it, I figured, 4200mAh pack getting to 4300mAh, not good. Am I correct? Or should I have let it do it's thing? I'm charging it on an Integy cooling deck (computer fan w/ 2 battery trays on it)

I'm wanting to race these packs today, so another question arises, my goal was to cycle them this morning to make sure I get max performance this afternoon, is this a good idea? Ex. pull packs out, discharge, put a full charge in, 1.5-2 hours later, discharge at 30A, recharge, race... Was my plan..

Any feedback is appreciated!
frank you should let youre charger do its thing it is ideal for youre pack to get 4300 to 4400 mah or even more if you have a temp censor put it on and set it to 49Degrees celcius if it goes over that then you should stop it it will keep heating up but its ok .and before you charge them have a tray in hand drop the cell to .90 to equalise them then charge them you will get a more efficient charge and more power my to sense from my expierience let me know how it works out for you later.