Wiki Posts
Search

Xray T2'007

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 06:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by adamge
What's the deal with 26mm and 30mm tires? Can I use them on my 007? I see a lot of them for sale on online stores, so someone must be using them.
Any foam tires that work on the T2 will work on the new 007. That included any Jaco TC foam tire.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Paul L
Hi Guys Im fianally got in the 1990s and got internet in my house, so i will be on here a good bit now.

Chris Chavez, as far as i know my rubber tire car in vegas was a stock 007 eu kit. granted with a few set up changes. i have not recieved the kit in a box yet so i am not totally sure what arms and caster blocks will come with it . i think that it would have standard arms with 4 deg caster and if that is the case it would be the same thing i ran. the foam kit has the x-hard arms in it which are better for foam than rubber for sure.
Paul, Thank you very much for the info.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gonzo416
anyone find that the chassis is not completely flat?
mine has play in the front, about 1mmi layed it flat on my board and it rocks front to back.i also put a ruler along the bottom of chassis and there is a gap i the front between the chassis and the ruler.i stopped building.
anyone have this problem i realized that my chassis not completely flat especially on the rear right even i unscrew everything and leave the bare chassis the rear right side are not flat
Old 11-07-2006, 10:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Guo Chean
anyone have this problem i realized that my chassis not completely flat especially on the rear right even i unscrew everything and leave the bare chassis the rear right side are not flat
For the guys who think their chassis is warped. Please do this test because I had the same concern at one point and came to these results.

Remove the top deck and pull the steering bellcrank/servo saver out. Now pull the lower plastic bellcrank bearing holder out of the chassis. Place the chassis on a flat setup board and see if there is still "rock" in the chassis. I found the bearing holder was sitting sideways in the chassis a little and it caused a low point which felt like rock in the chassis. Hence the reason the IRP tweak plate has the area under the bearing holder milled out so it won't bind.

Which brings up another thing. Hudy did change the outer shape of the chassis a little with the 007 even though it's backwards compatible. The good news is the 007 still works in the IRP. I HIGHLY recommend people build their xray's with the tweak plate. It's peace of mind your car has zero chassis tweak.
Old 11-07-2006, 10:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Paulie- Nick says he found a new vintage car that we have to try and retire...lol...We gotta get you out of the house and racing some more again! Zared and I are hitting His N' Hers on Friday for some testing...just got my 007 together!
Old 11-08-2006, 06:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have been hearing good thing about the new T2 and I can't wait to get mine. After watching two excellent drivers run them on the carpet track at Willis it seems they are glued to the track. The lower CG makes for sharp turns. The only thing I have heard about it, not that its a bad thing, but they had to take some of the steering out because it turns so well. They are reaching higher speeds through the sharp turns which are lowering lap times.
Nice job TEAM XRAY.
Old 11-08-2006, 08:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by "Spanky
I have been hearing good thing about the new T2 and I can't wait to get mine. After watching two excellent drivers run them on the carpet track at Willis it seems they are glued to the track. The lower CG makes for sharp turns. The only thing I have heard about it, not that its a bad thing, but they had to take some of the steering out because it turns so well. They are reaching higher speeds through the sharp turns which are lowering lap times.
Nice job TEAM XRAY.
FYI, the original T2 had a slight rearward weight bias. The 007 standard kit's front to rear weight distribution is as close to 50/50 as it gets (great job by Juraj and all involved). And the rear ends CG was lowered a little more than the front ends CG. All of this definitely adds up to increased steering, response and corner speed.

In order to gain enough steering on the T2, I had moved all of my electronics forward about 10mm and ran a 120t 64p spur to move the motor as far forward as possible. I tried my old setup, including everything shifted forward, on the 007 last weekend and had to deal with oversteer all through qualifying until I finally sauced less than half the front tires before the main.

Upon inspection this week. I found the car was definitely front heavy with the new 007 chassis components and my electronics moved forward. Once I moved everything back and put on a 108t 64p spur (KD 19t motor w/25t pinion), the cars front to rear weight distribution evened out perfectly.

The point is, a good *suspension* setup with the T2 should transition well, as long as the weight distribution of the new kit is maintained.
Old 11-08-2006, 08:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Anthony.L
For the guys who think their chassis is warped. Please do this test because I had the same concern at one point and came to these results.

Remove the top deck and pull the steering bellcrank/servo saver out. Now pull the lower plastic bellcrank bearing holder out of the chassis. Place the chassis on a flat setup board and see if there is still "rock" in the chassis. I found the bearing holder was sitting sideways in the chassis a little and it caused a low point which felt like rock in the chassis. Hence the reason the IRP tweak plate has the area under the bearing holder milled out so it won't bind.

Which brings up another thing. Hudy did change the outer shape of the chassis a little with the 007 even though it's backwards compatible. The good news is the 007 still works in the IRP. I HIGHLY recommend people build their xray's with the tweak plate. It's peace of mind your car has zero chassis tweak.
I think I got lucky, I never had that problem when I built mine.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:48 AM
Gravity RC

gue chean: i would start with mike blackstocks or my set-up from Vegas. if you go to the RC America web site you will be able to get those. I am trying stuff all the time but i dont think i have found anything that i can say is truley better than our set ups from vegas yet. X-ray even included the springs that we ran there in the kit so you should be good to go. The chassis thing is very odd to me, i have never had one tweaked in that way. is this chassis brand new? Thanks

Thanks Rob. see ya soon

Adamge: yea you can use anytouring car foam tire on the 007, the 26mm Jaco tires which you speak of are very good for stock racing, they are very light and still provide good traction for stock, alot of people like them in 19t as well.

Chris: no problem, thanks

Anthony : good advice

Stephen: we will retire that thing within a month. let me know when you want to test at trackside, and i will try and come out somewhere else as well.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:58 AM
Tech Adept

Paul you have a PM
Old 11-08-2006, 11:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)

i have the same problem with my chassis and it's not fully assembled.i'm going to build the car fully to see if the top plate straightens it out, but i don't like it that i took all the time to prep the chassis to find out it is not flat.i'm also going to disassemble the bulkheads and check the chassis before i fully assemble it.

gue chean: i would start with mike blackstocks or my set-up from Vegas. if you go to the RC America web site you will be able to get those. I am trying stuff all the time but i dont think i have found anything that i can say is truley better than our set ups from vegas yet. X-ray even included the springs that we ran there in the kit so you should be good to go. The chassis thing is very odd to me, i have never had one tweaked in that way. is this chassis brand new? Thanks

Thanks Rob. see ya soon

Adamge: yea you can use anytouring car foam tire on the 007, the 26mm Jaco tires which you speak of are very good for stock racing, they are very light and still provide good traction for stock, alot of people like them in 19t as well.

Chris: no problem, thanks

Anthony : good advice

Stephen: we will retire that thing within a month. let me know when you want to test at trackside, and i will try and come out somewhere else as well.
Old 11-08-2006, 11:55 AM
Tech Master

thanks for the tips, the chassis are new i just received my T2 007' kit yesterday and i only realized it was tweak on rear right side the rest are good and i had tested it on my Hudy setup board after i unscrew everything even took out the steering servo saver bearing holder it still the same thing tweak on the rear right side
Old 11-08-2006, 12:07 PM
Tech Master

i did not having this kind of tweak issue when i runing T2 and i did saw the T2 007 are runing very well on HC race and the kit are look very solid. but i do not know why my new chassis are tweak like that
Old 11-08-2006, 12:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

How often do you guys service the diffs and what do you do to keep them running in top shape?
Old 11-08-2006, 12:57 PM
Gravity RC

Gonzo, let me know what you find.

Guo Chean: I could be saying things that everyone knows, and i am not saying that your doing anything wrong atall. Here is exactly what i do when i build a fresh car: I start with a flat plate and i always make sure that it has not worped atall, then clean it and the chassis. chassis should be flat on the plate, then i assymble the car pece by pece checking the chassis on the flat plate every pece. with a new car it is easy to get twisted because when you put the brand new belts in it will pull things together because they will be tight when new. and when i put the top plates on the car it is important to hold the front and rear of the chassis to the plate when tightening the screws. this has always worked for me . thanks paul

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.