Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Hpi Pro 5....... >

Hpi Pro 5.......

Hpi Pro 5.......

Old 07-31-2006, 09:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Ok X-ray, you seem like a fairly intelligent individual. How can I address these diff problems? Now, explain it to me like I am a six year old, how exactly do you set your ball diffs? I know that diff re-builds go with the territory, but slipping 2 minutes into a pack just aint normal, no matter what you run. I see guys running 6x1 in TC3's with final drives of 5 flat (speed runs only) that dont have to rebuild diffs as much as I do. So, what am I NOTdoing right? I apply the diff grease, screw the diff until it is tight to turn and loosen a 1/4 turn from there and consider it set. HELP! I dont like running with the spool.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bxpitbull
Ok X-ray, you seem like a fairly intelligent individual. How can I address these diff problems? Now, explain it to me like I am a six year old, how exactly do you set your ball diffs? I know that diff re-builds go with the territory, but slipping 2 minutes into a pack just aint normal, no matter what you run. I see guys running 6x1 in TC3's with final drives of 5 flat (speed runs only) that dont have to rebuild diffs as much as I do. So, what am I NOTdoing right? I apply the diff grease, screw the diff until it is tight to turn and loosen a 1/4 turn from there and consider it set. HELP! I dont like running with the spool.
Here are some diff building tips:
1. Clean, clean, clean. Make sure the diff balls and diff rings are absolutely clean. Any oil from your fingers on them will only increase the chance of them slipping. Use a small needle nose plier with a bent tip to assemble the diff.
2. Use plenty of black grease on the thrust bearings.
3. Apply diff grease on the outdrives (between the diff rings and the outdrive)
4. Threadlock the diff nut! This is important.
5. Also, put a shim between the outdrive/diff screw and diff nut.
Old 07-31-2006, 11:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

I to have had diff problem's with the pro4. On asphalt it is not as bad. Carpet it seems worse. But the diff setup in the rear does blow out very easy. It really cannot handle low turn. Or even mild. Stock it seems to be able to last. But not with mod. They have revised the diff screw and nut before. Because the original did not hold up. I use a AE screw and t-nut with lock-tight. And it works much better. I would not trust the stock HPI stuff at all. I am sure Hara uses something else. But we really do not know. Some of us just assume that the Pro drivers are at some other level of human. And can drive anything that has wheels.
Old 07-31-2006, 01:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dodgeguy
I to have had diff problem's with the pro4. On asphalt it is not as bad. Carpet it seems worse. But the diff setup in the rear does blow out very easy. It really cannot handle low turn. Or even mild. Stock it seems to be able to last. But not with mod. They have revised the diff screw and nut before. Because the original did not hold up. I use a AE screw and t-nut with lock-tight. And it works much better. I would not trust the stock HPI stuff at all. I am sure Hara uses something else. But we really do not know. Some of us just assume that the Pro drivers are at some other level of human. And can drive anything that has wheels.
Thanks. At least someone else shares my misery.

Xray-I did put the diff together last night AFTEr remembering that someone had said to put some threadlock on the locknut. I let it set overnight and will install when I get home from the office. Thanks for the tips. No hard feelings...

Turn signal-I hope the Pro 5 does come out. Even though Hot Bodies/HPI are the same, to me they still are to seperate units. Sorta like Honda/Acura, Nissan/Infiniti, Toyota/Lexus...you know they are the same cars with one being a blinged out version of the other. HPI forever...it'll take getting used to HotBodies, even if they do win.
Old 07-31-2006, 06:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dodgeguy
HPI has a heavy duty diff nut and screw that is different than the stock Pro4 ones.
Old 07-31-2006, 06:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Thats a good question? Don't forget Kyosho, they too have jumped into the fray offering a shaft version of their belt car...or a belt version of their shaft car...
Here's a question, why are there companies out there that offer the same exact products under different labels? Hot Bodies/HPI, Team Orion/Peak, Trinity/Epic, Chevy/GMC blah blah blah......
U have too many questions, just forget about everything and play the car...
Old 07-31-2006, 11:22 PM
Tech Master

Angry

Originally Posted by mun fei
U have too many questions, just forget about everything and play the car...
Yo fei, go have a bowl of rice or something. Questions are part of what keeps threads active. And, in order to keep the car totally operational, questions when answered is how people learn. Man, I let my guard down and some pinhead always wants to come at me with foolishness.
Old 08-01-2006, 12:29 AM
Tech Champion

Diff nuts are cheap so probably wouldnt do any harm to replace them at the same time of threadlocking them,just to be sure.
Old 08-01-2006, 01:48 AM
Tech Initiate

Yo fei, go have a bowl of rice or something. Questions are part of what keeps threads active. And, in order to keep the car totally operational, questions when answered is how people learn. Man, I let my guard down and some pinhead always wants to come at me with foolishness.
U said u have 10 years experience in RC, how come you still have problem fixing the diff, i dont understand..
Old 08-01-2006, 06:28 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mun fei
U said u have 10 years experience in RC, how come you still have problem fixing the diff, i dont understand..
If you read all the posts, I clearly state that it is only with THIS car am I having this recurring problem. If your pea brain wouldnt isolate what you care to read and read the entire post, you clearly would've have read that. That is what's causing me to have a cow. The fact this is happening on a regular basis. Oh and I stand corrected, I encountered this with the Pro 3, but I didnt keep that car long enough to care.
Old 08-01-2006, 08:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey man, keep ur damn mouth clean man.

Can't u speak decently. This is an open thread where everyone can speak freely and not critisize others.

What is all this pea brain, PHUCKING etc etc etc words comin out from ur mouth man. Don't u have any social skills at all.

By the way, this is a thread for everyone to discuss about the future of the HPI Pro series.

This is not a place for u to ask about ur Pro4 problems. So keep ur problems in the Pro4 thread thank you. Don't bother replying this message cause only God knows what I'm goin to say about u later.
Old 08-01-2006, 08:55 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Tpg racer
Hey man, keep ur damn mouth clean man.

Can't u speak decently. This is an open thread where everyone can speak freely and not critisize others.

What is all this pea brain, PHUCKING etc etc etc words comin out from ur mouth man. Don't u have any social skills at all.

By the way, this is a thread for everyone to discuss about the future of the HPI Pro series.

This is not a place for u to ask about ur Pro4 problems. So keep ur problems in the Pro4 thread thank you. Don't bother replying this message cause only God knows what I'm goin to say about u later.
You know, some of you people have the intelligence of a shrew. Clearly, through some of the slander, you can obviously see that I have quite the extended vocabulary. And seeing that my diction is now coming into question, I shall now morph into my normal state. Criticize...I havent begun to criticize anyone. When I make a comment, and people began to come off with somewhat of a "holier than thou" attitude, it is quite obvious that I will resort to somewhat of a retaliatory mode. You question social skills? Again, people around here read what they want to read. Honestly, I could delve into it, but you wouldnt read or comprehend the point I am attempting to make, so I won't waste your time or my own. In reference to the HPI series continuing, I found way more people being negative toward the whole thing and I was speaking in support of it. In conjunction with airing one of my gripes with the Pro 4, I see that it doesnt take much to be demonized and attacked by a bunch of people who are more sensitive and whiny than a room full of three year olds. So, in the future, I will refrain from slights, seeing that people are so sensitive. But, if anyone decides to get beside themself and take a stab or slight me, I will reply fortwith and the barrage will not be pretty. I understand that most of you will not grasp a portion of this post, but what can I expect from the likes of some of you anyway????
Old 08-01-2006, 08:57 AM
Tech Master

Angry

Oh, for the record, TPG, you are a dumb ass!
Old 08-01-2006, 09:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey bxpittbull,

jz go some where else and lick ur two nuts man.

Jz dun understand u. Listen here dude, basically everyone that had read ur 1st few posting clearly saw something wrong with ur words and the way u explain things man.

Clearly that 10 years of experience in RC didn't teach u how to behave without ur mummy being around u.

Its just ur words are just harsh to other people's ears man.

So clearly just shut the hell up dude. We dun need ur 10 years experience here man.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:02 AM
Tech Master

This is why rctech is so entertaining, right up there with scammer threads.

bxpitbull - don't bother with fighting people over the internet, there's no use arguing with trolls anyhow.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.