Search

1/10 Sedan Quick Release wheels

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 02:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Michael P
tires should be cheaped beacous of less plastic used
Mike
They are still the same size. Regardless whether they are hex pattern or made for quick release the same amount of material will be used roughly.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

This sounds good but it will take away the fun of the one hour main strategies.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:47 PM
Tech Addict

i don't think we, the consumers, can really control the cost. the economy plays a big role, but the most in control are the manufacturers, the business owners. do they want to make more money? or maybe that is just the way supply and demands works? whatever it is, if we can make rules of which type of tires to use, we can also make rules of how many tires we could use in a long main (or short main)
Old 06-26-2006, 02:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rcracerdude
i don't think we, the consumers, can really control the cost. the economy plays a big role, but the most in control are the manufacturers, the business owners. do they want to make more money? or maybe that is just the way supply and demands works? whatever it is, if we can make rules of which type of tires to use, we can also make rules of how many tires we could use in a long main (or short main)

The consumer has full control of costs. If he is willing to spend the money for all the neat things, the manufactures will make them and find new things to take your money. They will also charge premium price for the pleasure. If the consumer says he isnt willing to spend the money the manufacturers cant take the chance on bringing out a new product that could dent their annual turnover.

Why open the rules to allow quick release changing if we are going to restrict the rules on its use?
Old 06-26-2006, 03:05 PM
Tech Addict

i hope somebody could come up with great design

by the way, don't worry too much about 60-min. main. not all of us can be there anyways
Old 06-26-2006, 03:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

by the way, don't worry too much about 60-min. main. not all of us can be there anyways
Design???? I will
Old 06-26-2006, 03:18 PM
Tech Elite

Hey I still have to do my 10 min main stategy. lol
Old 06-26-2006, 03:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Francis M.
I figure you can run 2 sets of 25shore foams all trued down to 5mm foam. Should be amazing car handling . No worries about grip rolling on tires that small and with all that grip from the 25's you should be flat out from start to finish including hairpins. So you dont have to worry about new sets for the final. All those qualifier cast offs will be almost perfect size .
Old 06-26-2006, 03:24 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Francis M.

i'll have to find a strategy to do 2 stops, maybe 4

at least it would be so much easier to change it, on or off the pit
Old 06-26-2006, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i can sell my wheel nut driver and make money.
i can do quick tire change when bench working on my car so i can have more time for other things.
i can change tires with one hand and continue on eating with a burrito or a hamburger on the other hand.

endless possibilities and advantages....

Old 06-26-2006, 03:27 PM
Tech Addict

i could drink while changing tire, after getting stuffed with burrito
Old 06-26-2006, 03:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

I have seen this done before, A buddy of mine took his old impulse and put impact f&r hubbs on trued the wheels to 26mmfr & 30mmrr and it ran great
Old 06-26-2006, 05:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jo Gutierrez
i can sell my wheel nut driver and make money.
i can do quick tire change when bench working on my car so i can have more time for other things.
i can change tires with one hand and continue on eating with a burrito or a hamburger on the other hand.

endless possibilities and advantages....

Old 06-26-2006, 07:34 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Corse-R
Uhm... seems you located a very general rule, look for a more specific of 200mm class.
That is just it, in the ROAR RULE BOOK, there is no "more specific" rule on this for any class.

Here is a link, if you find the more specific rule, please point it out for I can not find one.

Roar Rules 2006
Old 06-29-2006, 12:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

It is definitely NOT something no one thought about....I did something similar on the Serpent Impulse/705 a while back by using Serpent Impact/835 front/rear wheel hub and quick release lock set (rear need a lot of fitting and cutting)onto the Impulse at all 4 corners and use all 4 Impact/835 front tires.....yeah, it was NICE to see it works, but there are negatives about that too (more then positive).

(1) New rims and new tires design, cost is definitely more then current TC tires, go compare a set of 835 type front tire to a pair for TC front tires, almost 50% more..

(2) 30mm width is very close to the absolute minimum to work with....with TC front tire 26mm rule...very HARD to get enough "meat" to mount the quick release....

(3) Quick release is only good when you need to 'Quick release" for fast tire change......and how offen you have to do that..? I have never need to change tires on my 1/8th...I don't know why it need to be done on 1/10th TC....afterall, tire wear calculation is part of the race strategy....

(4) Quick release rim is not always PERFECT after a long run, it can be easy to pull out, but sometime, I have difficult time to mount and LOCK the new tire back in....don't know why, not all rims are create equal I think.

(5) Last...happened to me many many times on 235mm and 1/8th....after some impact to the rim, the edge around where the quick release lock that LOCK the wheel might be damage....once it damage, the lock devise will no longer be able to grab the rim perfect....few laps later, you will see your rims just fly out.....happened to me at least 5 times.

My 235mm/1/8th....I removed the whole FRONT quick release and installed the optional torque screw permenent locked cap/screws set....the rear seems OK with the quick release.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.