Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho V-ONE RRR Ultimate Edition (UE)

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 10:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
But you know this stuff ain't bling. I don't know why you insist on calling it that.
BTW... You know I meant the Kyosho stuff right? I have no idea what that HPI stuff is.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by litespeed-dom
Oh yeah, back then foam wasn't popular so we ran rubber tires.... so he showed up with HPI radial rubbers mounted on chrome aluminum wheels!!!

Dom
Old 06-22-2006, 10:29 AM
Tech Elite

BTW... You know I meant the Kyosho stuff right?
Of course!

Dom
Old 06-22-2006, 11:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Come on Mike! Do it! It's only going to cost you a few bucks and you get to beat Dom! Really! It's going to be worth it. Just imagine the expression on Dom's face when you beat him! You may not be a believer now, but just wait until you cross the finish line!
At my age I don't care about winning that much, at the end of the day kicking back with a shot of highland scotch works better for me
Old 06-22-2006, 11:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MIKE ELLIS
At my age I don't care about winning that much, at the end of the day kicking back with a shot of highland scotch works better for me
Dude, don't forget the cigars! I'll go get some before I come over tonight!

Dom
Old 06-22-2006, 11:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MIKE ELLIS
If you and Dom are running pretty close lap times and Dom is always winning, then you guys must be running circles around everyone else. What else are the other guys running and how far behind the both of you are they?
Old 06-22-2006, 11:18 AM
Tech Master

Dude, don't forget the cigars! I'll go get some before I come over tonight!

Dom
Oh ya I forgot the cigars , Good stuff!
As far as pitman (women) the fact that her pit stops are a little slower doesn't bother me, just having her involved with my racing is worth a million wins.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:26 AM
Tech Master

If you and Dom are running pretty close lap times and Dom is always winning, then you guys must be running circles around everyone else. What else are the other guys running and how far behind the both of you are they?
It all depends, most of the time we're a couple laps up, but I always don't push very hard if I know I can't catch Dom without taking chances. We both agree that winning by to much may not be good for the class. That's why we make sure everyone (thats all brands of cars) have the best setup help we can give them is. Real important! I do all their engine work for free so we don't get the ," Your engines are faster comment". We are lucky to have a good bunch of people to race with, wouldn't give up those friends for nuthin"
Later, Mike
Old 06-22-2006, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

I wouldn't say I'm "always" winning. It's such a small edge during a race day, it's anyone's game. Also certain track layout fits Mike better, certain ones fit me better. I think we both agree he is a LOT smoother driver then I am.

Yeah, Julie is no slough at pitting, actually faster then some club guys. My GF won't even touch the car when it's fired up!

Dom
Old 06-22-2006, 01:09 PM
Tech Elite

Dom,

Now I understand. I don't know why I didn't realize it sooner. Checked out the race results page and there are less than 10 guys racing in your class. In quite a number of races, three people don't even start the race. No wonder you don't guy don't need this shit.

I race against 30 other guys and it's pretty competitive. For those of us trying to get to the top, a lot of these performance and durability upgrades have some real benefit. Some of the parts that companies sell provide no benefit whatsoever, but other parts do. Quite a number of people have mentioned how their lap times have improved or they found the car easier to drive or the car just ran better after an upgrade.

IMO, whatever makes you faster, for whatever reason - either compensating for a definciency in setup or driving or just because, is worth the money. You guys might not think so, but some of us do.

You might not have to race against ten MTX-4s every two weeks, but I do - and I firmly believe that I am more competitive against these guys as a result of the upgrades I've made. I'm not saying that I can beat them just because I'm running the UE/X, I'm saying that my car performs better than if it were just running the stock WCE. You may not agree with this - and that's fine by me. You're there, I'm here - and I'm the one that has to race against these guys, not you.

I don't hide the fact that I'm new at this. I'm learning and improving every time I race. One of these days, I will get to the top at my local track. It may not happen next week, next month or next year - but I will continue to try to get there, no matter what it takes.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:38 PM
Tech Elite

I hate to say this, but your comment is crossing the line on implying the rest of our locals aren't fast. Turnout has no direct relations on whether we need hopups or not, it's getting to be WAY obssessive with this Ultimate deal, trying to justify your answers and really sometimes just bench racing and analyzing a little too much. If you race with 5 guys that are all in skill level of Swauger, or race with 50 guys that 40 of them are novice, what exactly does that mean?

You have just got to be kidding me on this. If you want to realize something realize this... it's called "Just drive the car"

Dom
Old 06-22-2006, 01:57 PM
Tech Elite

"Just drive the car"
Dom
Old 06-22-2006, 03:39 PM
Tech Elite

Default RACE

come on guys i raced the nats i tell you it was my first but it was fun i even brought home some hardware just have fun the rest wiil come i had to remove my aluminum pulleys from the side & rear because the side plate that guides the belt came off so i put the plastic parts back on thats not the race you want that to happen at i will try to do better at the odonnell race watch out im on the way fun fun fun & more fun

Last edited by SOLOARTIST 702; 06-22-2006 at 03:49 PM.
Old 06-22-2006, 04:06 PM
Tech Elite

Dom is right. I do spend too much bench racing and I overanalyze things too much. Career wise, my ability to overanalyze things is why I am professionally and financially successful. I think the problem is, there is no permanent track here, we only race two days a month, I have too much time on my hands and this forum is way too inviting for me.

So I’ve decided to leave the forum and just focus on racing.

I appreciate all the help I’ve been given. Your support and patience has really meant a lot to me. I would not have gotten as far as I have without everyone’s help. I will continue to work on the Knowledge Base and UE/X, as I believe that these are really worthwhile projects. Know that the information you have passed on to me will be put to good use - both for myself and for others.

I wish everyone the best and best of luck with their Nitro racing. Maybe I’ll see you on the track one day.

Take care,
Rainer

Old 06-22-2006, 04:11 PM
Tech Elite

Default race

dont go 2 far keep your eyes open the SOLOARTIST is making his way to the stage or 7-11 one or the other

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.