Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho V-ONE RRR Ultimate Edition (UE)

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 11:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Yeah, this thread was only suppose to be for Ultimate Edition discussion. Not everyone is in to this project, so jag and I thought we would move it on the side for those that were interested.

Last edited by rmdhawaii; 04-29-2006 at 01:12 AM.
Old 04-29-2006, 12:10 AM
Tech Elite

Please try and limit your topics in this thread to the Ultimate Edition only. Feedback relating to parts, tools, performance and reliablity of UE parts is within the topic of discussion.

Thank you

Last edited by rmdhawaii; 04-29-2006 at 01:16 AM.
Old 04-29-2006, 07:52 AM
Tech Elite

Default UE

tell me what parts make up an "UE" so i can commence to retrofit , test & tune this monster there are several races comming up i must be ready for action
Old 04-29-2006, 08:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jag
No problem. If you get the one from Serpent let me know if you like it. I have one and I don't find it as easy to use with the Kyosho clutch. Maybe it's just me.
no problem, will keep you posted
Old 04-30-2006, 08:17 AM
jag
Tech Master

Default Lightweight outdrives

This one is a stretch but if I found it, someone else will also.

The Serpent lightweight Hudy sprung steel outdrives from the 835 (yes, the ones you cannot get anymore) fit perfectly in the one-way of the RRR. The diameter is the same and the plastic collars fit the same. The Serpent outdrives are much lighter and are very strong so if you have a pair lying around, give them a try. I will try to get a part number although they are not made anymore.

If somebody else has a set could you give me a confirmation on this? I will feel better about it.
Old 04-30-2006, 10:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SOLOARTIST 702
tell me what parts make up an "UE" so i can commence to retrofit , test & tune this monster there are several races comming up i must be ready for action
I'm busy with the car all week and race on Sunday. I'll try to squeeze it in if I can, but no promises. Sorry! Car gotta come first.
Old 04-30-2006, 04:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by silverM3
Brand: 3Racing
Part number: V3R-042
Description: Spring bottom cap
Type of upgrade: durability
Reason: much stronger than plastic, which comes with the WCE kit. Looks nicer
Setting: N/A
Anybody have any problems with their stock spring bottom cap? Other than just being stronger, is there a performance advantage to these?

Thanks!
Old 04-30-2006, 07:00 PM
jag
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Anybody have any problems with their stock spring bottom cap? Other than just being stronger, is there a performance advantage to these?

Thanks!
Can you say "BLING"? Not for me, I'll stick with plastic.
Old 04-30-2006, 07:03 PM
jag
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Corse-R
BTW: The best ones (and confirmed by other people) are the Mugen ones, part no. T0187 (2pc pack).
Are these titanium? Are they compatible with Kyosho?
Old 05-01-2006, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

Default UE

I'm busy with the car all week and race on Sunday. I'll try to squeeze it in if I can, but no promises. Sorry! Car gotta come first.
when ever you get a chance take your time
Old 05-02-2006, 03:09 AM
Tech Elite

Since Will (aka Soloartist) wanted to start building the UE for some upcoming races, I couldn't resist helping him out. So here is a very preliminary spec. It still needs more input (including mine), feedback and testing, but it's getting there.

http://www.nitrokb.com/vonerrr/UltimateEdition.html

The bottom line: If your engine, clutch, 2-speed, tires and setup isn't right, these parts are not going to help you whatsoever. Driving is also a major factor. If you bolt these on and don't see any improvement, let's see if we can figure out what's going on with your car.

Some helpful information will include:

- Full non-kit parts list, including engine, glow plug, fuel, body, tires, etc.
- Setup information
- Track conditions, weather, temperature, etc.
- Your full race results, including qualifiers
- A-Main full race results, including qualifiers
- Your impressions of how the car is performing on the track

Good luck!

Last edited by rmdhawaii; 05-02-2006 at 03:21 AM.
Old 05-02-2006, 04:25 AM
Tech Addict

looks pretty good so far!!!
Old 05-02-2006, 04:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

RMD, what island do you live on? When I was on Oahu, I couldn't even find a hobby shop that stocked anything good. I might have a chance to get stationed out there in about 3 years.
Old 05-02-2006, 07:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maskedrider
anyone could tell me the great different/ power between a 3ports and a 5port engine?? I'm stuck in getting either one...
Hmm...I get to run my car with my buddies over the weekend, on the HPC track. I'm on 3-port Palmaris, another one on 3-port LRP, and one on 5-port MF Novamax. 3 of us were bumper to bumper (almost same level of skill), BUT I reckon the difference in power of the 3P vs 5P will be more obvious given a larger track. The 3-port nowadays are NOT SLOW, trust me.. The power band is more linear, and the fuel consumption is better, idling quality of a 3-port is just WICKED...and the power is easier to handle. Compared to a 5-port, 5-port is good for its "punching" torque power, this is where the 3-port lacks a bit. Both has its pros and cons. But it's no longer valid to say nowadays the the 3-ports are SLOWER than the 5-ports.
Old 05-02-2006, 08:05 AM
Tech Elite

Default UE

Since Will (aka Soloartist) wanted to start building the UE for some upcoming races, I couldn't resist helping him out. So here is a very preliminary spec. It still needs more input (including mine), feedback and testing, but it's getting there.

http://www.nitrokb.com/vonerrr/UltimateEdition.html

The bottom line: If your engine, clutch, 2-speed, tires and setup isn't right, these parts are not going to help you whatsoever. Driving is also a major factor. If you bolt these on and don't see any improvement, let's see if we can figure out what's going on with your car.

Some helpful information will include:

- Full non-kit parts list, including engine, glow plug, fuel, body, tires, etc.
- Setup information
- Track conditions, weather, temperature, etc.
- Your full race results, including qualifiers
- A-Main full race results, including qualifiers
- Your impressions of how the car is performing on the track

Good luck!
Thanks im on the right track i see i have majority of these options & i will be getting the chassis soon but as of now we went to cali. sunday to practice this car is nice last time i was there last year i had the mongoose the way things look now this car is what ive been dreaming about lots of racing comming will keep all interested viewers informed sedan nats look out next race is pro series at REVALATION IN CALI HOPE NO ONE FELL A SLEEP WHILE I WAS RESPONDING

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.