Community
Wiki Posts
Search

wishing for no more victims

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2005, 02:40 AM
Tech Rookie

Default wishing for no more victims

Last edited by rcist78; 11-05-2005 at 02:39 PM.
Old 11-05-2005, 03:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Copy that, man...

Thanks for sharing your bad experience.

Ciao.
Old 11-05-2005, 06:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)
Exclamation

wow I'm truly supprised you had such a bad experience with Ashford hobby!! I have had several dealings with him without even a blemish. Robert has always done right by me, and has always shipped super fast when parts are in stock. When there not he either calls me or sends an email.
Old 11-05-2005, 06:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ashford has always been great for me. Try contacting him to get the sway bar.
Old 11-05-2005, 06:52 AM
Tech Rookie

Robert is generally easy to get a hold of. I believe he was going to be closed for part or all of this past week because he was travelling to a race. I would guess that is why you have not heard back from him. Try him early next week and I would guess you get a prompt response.
Old 11-05-2005, 07:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I am garantee you that he is NOT at his office or somehow that he cannot get your message or return your phone call (someone already said he was away for race...)......for other places/hobby shop, I am not sure....but that is so not ROBERT and definitely not ASHFORD.
Old 11-05-2005, 01:17 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Ashford Hobbies is one of the best mail order houses in the country. Robert has been in the hobby many years and knows how to treat people.

Robert is in Kissimme, Florida for the ROAR fuel on road nationals. He probably left about a week ago, about when you tried to contact him. Give him till like Wednesday to get back and try to contact him then. I'm sure he'll straighten things out.
Old 11-05-2005, 01:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I think that is true for most mailorder houses across the nation...
THey have great customer service but they also race big races and they can be out of the area for awhile...
Places like EAMotorsports does alot of these big races but Eric puts a nice big note on the website and on RC tech so people know that no orders will be shipped during his absence...
Maybe Robert forgot to mention on the site that he would be out of town for a while...It is unlike him...I have done a few orders and had nothingbut great service...
Hope that you will have more patiance on your next order...
-Shookie <><
Old 11-05-2005, 02:30 PM
Tech Rookie

no, thats ok...this whole thing was just full of misunderstandings. Now I really feel sorry to you... I was not really upset because the order was not correct. I felt bad cause I thought I was being ignored.
And since there was no way to contact you, I thought you may respond me if I post things up in here.
My apology for being impatient.
I alreay ordered parts from some other place ,so you dont have to worry about corrections.
Good luck at the nationals
Old 11-05-2005, 02:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Well, I dealt with Robert many, many times over the last two years. He was always helpful and responsible. Ships out on time and never had a problem with it. Always got what I needed when I needed it. Rob isn't the type of person that would screw you over at all. Like others side, he does do big events often. And I believe 1/8 scale nitro was his thing. Generally speaking, he's quite easy to get a hold of easily. Just give him a call, leave a message if not responding and I'm sure he will call you back. If not Pm on here, I can try and dig for his PM address if needed. Knowing Rob, I'm sure he will try his hardest to make things right. Its worked with me many times. Good luck with the cause. I'm sure a phone call and a message is all you need. He should reply back within time. He's always at the shop till about 9ish most days so a call is all you need to talk to him. Hope this works for you!
Old 11-05-2005, 07:23 PM
Tech Addict

It's pretty irresponsible to leave your business unattended, he should always have someone to cover for him, and dont tell me he cant use his cell phone to retrieve his messages from the answering machine! i to would have no patience with a proprietor like that, nothing personal about this company, i would say the same about any other, Trinity has some pretty bad customer service also. if you dont think i am important enough to return a call or reply somehow then thats the last time i would deal with you.
Old 11-05-2005, 09:28 PM
Tech Regular

why did you delete you're original post? ashford is the only online vendor i have ordered from and robert went out of his way to find a hard to get engine and pipe for me last spring. without the details i can't tell how long you have waited. just from the deletion of the post, i think you felt you made a mistake by posting the complaint to begin with?

charlie o, ashford is a small business. robert isn't just some order taker answering the phone and shipping product. he knows his stuff. getting that expertise requires some actual wheel time.i wish i knew the details of how long rcist78 has waited but i bet is wasn't long. comparing ashford to trinity really isn't fair. trinity is big. ashford is small and specialized.
Old 11-05-2005, 11:57 PM
Tech Rookie

all right, I deleted because I felt it is a little too harsh to compare ashford to other online shops.Actually I wanted to delete the whole thread but I did not know how to... If anyonw know how to, please let me know...
well.. If you really have to clarify who's fault this is.. Defenately I am not not the one who made mistake.I am not saying it is Robert's fault. It is just there was misundestanding. since sedanaddict wants to know how long I ve waited....I have waited respond for almost a week.
It does not matter if it is a small business or not and I know Robert isn't just some order taker. and now, I understand his situation which some cumstomers still may not tolerate. But it is still a business, a real world. money goes around. No matter how big or what kind of business they run, they should be prepared for customers more professionally.
I am not a friend of Robert. I do not know what is going on with Robert.
I am only a customer who received a package that has an item missing, and an item that does not fit which I was told it would, and waiting for the respond for almost a week. well. I dont wanna begin the whole thing again. Im not gonna get refund for good..
I am sure Robert is a nice person and I was a little impatient about this.
and I appreciate Robert for understanding me from a customer's view.
I wish him best luck with his business. I just want him to be more prepared when he is not there.
well... Does anyone know how to delete this whoe thread?

Last edited by rcist78; 11-06-2005 at 12:10 AM.