Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Associated TC4 >

Team Associated TC4

Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Old 06-09-2005, 05:17 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by protc3
yeah,i found that they flex with carbon molded towers too.i have pretty much set back running my tc4 until i make all the parts that i am not happy with.one thing i can tell you,there is going to be some real nice upgrades available for this car real soon.im gonna go to town on this thing.
can't wait!
Old 06-09-2005, 07:54 AM
Tech Adept

hi all

is any one running the TIR worlds driveshafts on there tc4 if so
are they much lighter has it improved acceleration?
have the dog bones started to show any signs of ovalation where the pin from the stub axle goes through the dog bone?
any feed back from peaple who actually run these shafts would be greatly appreciated
cheers gaz
Old 06-09-2005, 08:27 AM
Tech Addict

Seen the naw TiR pinions?
Old 06-09-2005, 09:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCknight
JRX-S shocks are great if you want smooth easy building ones.
RCknight...where did you get the Losi shocks from. I've been looking all over for a set.
Old 06-09-2005, 12:48 PM
Tech Elite

Default You will have to part them together....

Old 06-09-2005, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

Ouch...thanks
Old 06-09-2005, 04:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

So from what Ive been reading there really isnt a good shock tower out yet? what about carpet foam racing, tub or double deck chassis? which is best, or are they both good.
Old 06-09-2005, 08:43 PM
Tech Elite

The 3 racing towers look good, maybe I missed something, but has anyone tried them yet?
Old 06-09-2005, 09:12 PM
Tech Adept

ive got 3 racing shock towers they seem just fine!
but im interested in what bm have coming up!!
my chassis kit is top notch
here is another pic
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated TC4-dscf0019_edited.jpg  
Old 06-10-2005, 12:08 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by gaz8
hi all

is any one running the TIR worlds driveshafts on there tc4 if so
are they much lighter has it improved acceleration?
have the dog bones started to show any signs of ovalation where the pin from the stub axle goes through the dog bone?
any feed back from peaple who actually run these shafts would be greatly appreciated
cheers gaz
Yes, we are.

My son has been running them on his championship winning car all season. They started the season on the TC3 then went on the TC4 and are still fine. And this is with mod motors.

TIR's first style of drive shafts were a bit of a fiasco, but these new Worlds driveshafts are very good.
Old 06-10-2005, 12:44 AM
Tech Elite

Default Where can you buy those Ti cvds?

I would like to see them.
Old 06-10-2005, 01:06 PM
Tech Regular

me to
Old 06-10-2005, 04:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Boomer
I'm running 100/32-5 depending on track layout and motor. No problems with it.

I find braking to be just fine - in fact, better and far more controllable (even with a front one-way) than my friend's X-Ray - brake with it and car spins. I have my ESC set so that when I brake going straight, it stops straight. If I brake starting a turn, I can hold the turn like a rally-car doing a handbrake turn. Couldn't do that with my TC3 or my friend's X-Ray or any other car with a one-way for that matter.

Low speed? Car pushed for a while. Rear springs were too soft running blue. Upped it to either red or copper and car turns in like a banshee. (balanced with red springs in front too. . .)

High speed? Car pushed on turnin. See comment above.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, and DerekB will yell at me again for it. I have not seen ANY mag give a review that I thought was objective, thorough, and actually on target. Generally when I read these reviews, I'm left thinking, "what car are THEY driving?" - sometimes they'll actually change the setup and review with the good setup; sometimes (as with the TC4) they seem to use only the stock setup.

I look at people who race FIRST - and don't subscribe or really read any mag, whether news, RC, rally, SCCA, etc. Everyone's got an agenda.
Wow, so when a review is less than perfect and objective you attack the review for being that way too? Man read all the on-line stuff about the Tc4 and they were all addressed in the testing of the TC4. Sometime I think you out there to prove that you know more or think you're better than other opinions out there. Compared to a FT TC3 the TC4 wasn't as dialed in, regardless of setup.

Now that I spent 5 days testing the FT TC4 with team and got it pretty dialed in, I'm curious how my review won't be as " objective, thorough, and actually on target."

It's hard to tell a know-it-all anything sometimes. I just re-read the review. Man stop picking out one sentence out of the entire review to try and back your point of view up. Let's read the entire thing.
Old 06-10-2005, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Boomer
I look at people who race FIRST - and don't subscribe or really read any mag, whether news, RC, rally, SCCA, etc. Everyone's got an agenda.
I love statements like this in a post like Boomer's---first, he says he hasn't seen an objective, thorough, or on-target review. Then he says he doesn't subscribe or "really read" any mag.

Sounds like a great way to form an opinion & bag on other people's work without having to do any research yourself! Hurray for baseless complaints!

Old 06-10-2005, 07:20 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Originally Posted by Rocky
I just read through Xtreme RC's review of the TC4 and it seemed to think the braking, low speed handling, and high speed handling weren't up to par or not as good as they could be. So, from actual racers with experience, what are your thoughts on these areas and have you noticed similar trends?
Okay, here's the original post that started a few of you, particularly Boomer, taking shots at MY review. Since some of you seem to think that my and our work at Xtreme is worthless, I challenge any of you (especially you Boomer) to counter anything I wrote in that article.

First, reviews HAVE to be based on what comes in the box, for a couple reasons. Primarily, when we write it, the option parts for a brand new car are not yet available. With the TC4, I did not have access to some things (caster blocks in particular) but others (the one-way and steel diff housings) were carried over from the TC3. Tony and Bob were nice enough to let me use a few parts as well. But beyond availability, everything we grade a car on (value, completeness, race-readiness) is based on out-of-the-box. If we allow hop-ups, when does it end? Are we reviewing a $220 car or a $500 car? Do we review the car when it comes out and then again every six months?

Regarding this particular review: as stated in the low-speed section, dropping a one-way in the car and making setup changes really helped it. The rating, however, was based on what the car came with out of the box. The high speed rating was simply my experience. If you did not have that experience, all the better for you! But three of us in the office drove the car, and I put two full race days on it, and could not solve that particular issue. Others with the kit never experienced it. Keep in mind that this was one of the first kits produced, and AE did correct a mold problem immediately (kudos to them!) that helped fix that very issue.

The TC4 is a great car, and that gets proven over and over at both the club and the pro level. Craig just won the biggest race of the year with the FT, and Mike Blackstock was extremely strong at the Snowbirds and other races with the Team kit. Like any new car, it took people (including me) some time to get it figured out, but you have to expect that.

As for magazine detractors, you guys love to say how magazine reviews are worthless because they are dishonest, cover up problems, and so on and so forth. Well, if you read our magazine (and yes, I mean actually READ it, not just say "oh I read an issue back in '98 so I'm an expert") you will see that we do thoroughly test everything, and that we actually point out anything that we feel is a problem or worth mentioning.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.