Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree629Likes

3racing Cero Ultra V1 & V2

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2022, 11:31 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I put a set of AMX uppers on the CERO - the front uppers rub against the shock. They need a slight bend in to avoid this.
Old 10-12-2022, 11:35 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DrFelter
I put a set of AMX uppers on the CERO - the front uppers rub against the shock. They need a slight bend in to avoid this.
you need these
https://www.amainhobbies.com/team-as...SABEgITwvD_BwE

Old 10-12-2022, 03:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gwhiz
That may be preferred, but I don't know that it's required. Cheers.
That'll get you close, but it's not particularly accurate. It should be using cosine, not multiplying by a static number. Plus measuring those 2 spots accurately will be difficult.
Old 10-12-2022, 03:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gigaplex
That'll get you close, but it's not particularly accurate. It should be using cosine, not multiplying by a static number. Plus measuring those 2 spots accurately will be difficult.
It's true what you say about cosine especially since it is not likely that the Cero steering plates will give the same hypotenuse. so the constants are not valid cross-platform. Point taken.

I just find measuring caster accurately to be a bit of a gamble in all cases.
I've not found the static caster of a c-hub design to give particularly accurate or symmetrical results. No way to adjust it.
I've also not found caster doodles to be very satisfying. They move around on the hubs and the movement is a decent portion of the scale resolution of 1 degree which is itself a concerning limitation.
In the end one has to work with the tools available, whether that means caster doodles, or height gages and calipers and trigonometry, or digital inclinometers.
At least with a turnbuckle upper arm system one is allowed to make small adjustments where and when they see fit. It isn't for everybody. But it is also not a PITA in my opinion.
Cheers
Old 10-12-2022, 06:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It's true what you say about cosine especially since it is not likely that the Cero steering plates will give the same hypotenuse. so the constants are not valid cross-platform. Point taken.

I just find measuring caster accurately to be a bit of a gamble in all cases.
I've not found the static caster of a c-hub design to give particularly accurate or symmetrical results. No way to adjust it.
I've also not found caster doodles to be very satisfying. They move around on the hubs and the movement is a decent portion of the scale resolution of 1 degree which is itself a concerning limitation.
In the end one has to work with the tools available, whether that means caster doodles, or height gages and calipers and trigonometry, or digital inclinometers.
At least with a turnbuckle upper arm system one is allowed to make small adjustments where and when they see fit. It isn't for everybody. But it is also not a PITA in my opinion.
Cheers
At least with a static C hub/arms you're not likely to be measuring it so won't have the uncertainty of the gauge accuracy messing with your confidence 🤷‍♂️
Raman and jo_er86 like this.
Old 10-13-2022, 04:51 AM
Tech Master

It isn't that bad if you use the rule of thumb in the manual. The only catch is you have to keep the ball cups still while you adjust the turnbuckles. RC Maker has a nifty tool to hold them nice and lined up with each other.
HiH
I used to run the Trinity pan car front end 20 years ago, it was very similar. I even have a RevTech setup station that indicated the numbers and let you get the caster and camber right.
Old 10-15-2022, 03:53 AM
Tech Master

My assembly was cut short. The kit was missing one shock cap. replacement should be on the way soon. Considering the number of parts I am not upset and the selling source is responding. It would be a easy thing to have happen. It looks like it came off the part tree before going in the bag and was missed. Just unlucky.
Other than that it went together well. It is a high quality kit.
The only thing I modified was on the upper arms. The thread fit was so tight that I ran a slightly larger drill thru the turnbuckle hole on the arm only. It was still tight but workable. Other than that it was just put it together while paying attention.
The most important thing is to pay attention to the pivot ball sizes. I did mix up a couple.
Old 10-16-2022, 02:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Ran mine over the weekend setup for VTA on medium grip black carpet, no broken parts and the car held its setup thru the weekend. I qualified P2 thru the 3 heats, getting the car better with each run and finally took the win in the a main.

As built from kit, it pushed a lot and was very rear biased. I changed motor location to center of car this brought f/r weight ratio to 49/51. I also added BSR heavy bumper and 30 grams of weight to the middle of the car. This helped quite abit but still had a lot of low speed push. Played a little bit with the roll center, removed shims from upper but didn’t help as much as I wanted.

I ran my AMX as a bell weather to see if it was putting down same lap times; they where both within .1 sec per lap of each, the CERO just drove different. Hoping the aluminum chassis is released soon.
Taz_S, Lonestar and jo_er86 like this.
Old 10-16-2022, 06:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I do not see but can you run shorty packs with this car. I would like to run my off road packs. Thanks
Old 10-17-2022, 05:08 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Taz_S
I do not see but can you run shorty packs with this car. I would like to run my off road packs. Thanks
Chassis is not drilled for shorty packs, easily done with a drill bit if u want to run a shorty
Old 10-17-2022, 12:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by moparSRT
Chassis is not drilled for shorty packs, easily done with a drill bit if u want to run a shorty
yaaaaa i do not trust myself to do that. I can have ever thing line up right and still something will happen. Wish they would have just dill the 4 holes for us. I get a friend to do that part.
Old 10-17-2022, 12:55 PM
Tech Master

yaaaaa i do not trust myself to do that. I can have ever thing line up right and still something will happen. Wish they would have just dill the 4 holes for us. I get a friend to do that part.
not that simple, shorty can be forward, backward, center or anywhere in between.
Marcos.J likes this.
Old 10-17-2022, 02:32 PM
Super Moderator

moparSRT, jo_er86 and gigaplex like this.
Old 10-17-2022, 05:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Very surprised nobody has posted a photo of a built chassis. I'd like to see some details.
Old 10-17-2022, 05:21 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by glennhl
Very surprised nobody has posted a photo of a built chassis. I'd like to see some details.
moparSRT built his trackside this past weekend and raced it , he has pictures im sure he will post them
glennhl likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.