Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
Two Scammers - “Lakers” and “ Sanwa12” >

Two Scammers - “Lakers” and “ Sanwa12”

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Two Scammers - “Lakers” and “ Sanwa12”

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2020, 06:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default Two Scammers - “Lakers” and “ Sanwa12”

Both messaged responding to WTB ads I have posted.

Lakers immediately tried to get me off the site. Couldn’t even write in proper English and the message had nothing to do with what I was looking for.

Sanwa12 however, sent a message saying he had two engines. I messaged back and provided my phone number for him to send pics. He negotiated via phone and we agreed on a price. I sent funds via PayPal. I then noticed he had zero posts and no history on the forum. I immediately filed a PayPal claim and got a refund from this person today.

Old 03-17-2020, 09:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

This is very often the case, scammers come on, provide pics of an item you ate looking for, stolen off the web. Then trx and grt your $$$. Usually 0 post count and just joined is a huge red flag
Old 03-18-2020, 10:21 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have also been working with a Sanwa12 (Poor English), But on RCgroup. I was looking to buy a Kyosho bike from him.. He has a few adds up on RCGroup right now with a bunch of pictures listed on the listing, However I feel I have seen the pictures of the bike he had listed elsewhere. We wrote back and forth a few times, Then the other night he said he will send a invoice over to me.. I then asked for his PayPal email (Because I won't take an invoice from someone, unless I know them and or is a big company). I let him know that I will just add the extra $ for the PayPal fee, Since I only send money as "Goods" .. Took him a day to get back to me... But before then, He would reply within a hour or two.. So that was a big red flag to me.

Then this morning he sent me his PayPal email ([email protected]) to send the money.. I am still hesitant to send the money to him. What do you guys think?? I still see a red flag, But if I send him the money as "Goods" I am still covered through their protection plan. I Am going to ask him if he has any proof of feedback from another site and or eBay.. What I do is if he says he does have feedback on another forum and or eBay, I will write to him on the site he says he is on and see if he reply's or says what am I talking about.
This happened to me a while back, So I asked the person if they had positive feedback on another site.. The guy said yes and gave me a screen name from someone other than him on eBay.. I then wrote to "Him" and a day later the guy writes back to me saying he has no idea what I am talking about. Just have to be careful these days!

Last edited by Silver99gsx; 03-18-2020 at 10:53 AM.
Old 03-18-2020, 11:20 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)
Exclamation Don't deal with him!!

Originally Posted by Silver99gsx
I have also been working with a Sanwa12 (Poor English), But on RCgroup. I was looking to buy a Kyosho bike from him.. He has a few adds up on RCGroup right now with a bunch of pictures listed on the listing, However I feel I have seen the pictures of the bike he had listed elsewhere. We wrote back and forth a few times, Then the other night he said he will send a invoice over to me.. I then asked for his PayPal email (Because I won't take an invoice from someone, unless I know them and or is a big company). I let him know that I will just add the extra $ for the PayPal fee, Since I only send money as "Goods" .. Took him a day to get back to me... But before then, He would reply within a hour or two.. So that was a big red flag to me.

Then this morning he sent me his PayPal email ([email protected]) to send the money.. I am still hesitant to send the money to him. What do you guys think?? I still see a red flag, But if I send him the money as "Goods" I am still covered through their protection plan. I Am going to ask him if he has any proof of feedback from another site and or eBay.. What I do is if he says he does have feedback on another forum and or eBay, I will write to him on the site he says he is on and see if he reply's or says what am I talking about.
This happened to me a while back, So I asked the person if they had positive feedback on another site.. The guy said yes and gave me a screen name from someone other than him on eBay.. I then wrote to "Him" and a day later the guy writes back to me saying he has no idea what I am talking about. Just have to be careful these days!
He probably gave the PayPal address for you to pay someone else for something he is going to buy. Then he will contact the other person & say "Hey can you ship to this address" or some other BS. Basically, you think you're paying for something he's SELLING, but instead, you're paying for something he's BUYING!!! Bad thing is, the other guy has no idea what's going on, unless he sees that the buyer wants to have the item shipped to another address & that should be a helluva BIG RED FLAG!!
Old 03-18-2020, 01:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Silver99gsx

yes, should have mentioned that in my original post. He wanted to send me an invoice from his “company” and I would’ve had to pay with a credit card (payment website was through square). Name of the company was Wildlife something Llc. Then, I said I’m not paying this way and asked for PayPal. He then provided me a PayPal address called rock jaw Llc which I wasn’t able to trace to anything legitimate. I did a reverse image search on google of the images he sent me and they were from a Letgo ad from over 2 years ago. Scheisty fuckery is afoot.
Old 03-26-2020, 01:04 PM

Trader Rating: 131 (100%+)

Sanwa12 contacted me today on a want add I placed. I asked if he had any feedback anywhere........Poof.......gone.
Old 03-26-2020, 03:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)
Default He just tried to get me to!

Sanwa12 is a scammer! Responded to a WTB thread and I gave him my # to text pics, he sent pics of different Truggies and has apparently holding them up... only he had different color skin in all the pics, I asked for a few more pics of the Truggy I was interested in and for him to send me a PayPal invoice and he has all the Sudden Ghosted!! I spoke to him on the phone and he was clueless. So, do your diligence, ask questions and when things don’t add up, usually someone is trying to get over on you.

here is Sanwa12’s number, he said his name was Veo.
+1 (302) 595-1763
Old 03-26-2020, 05:59 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Why, oh why do you all keep posting in the WTB section? This appears to be where scammers prey the most. There are 1,000,000,000 different outlets to buy crap on the WWW - why post a WTB thread on RCT? Just search.... Start at Google and go from there.
Old 03-26-2020, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by ExRCRacer
Why, oh why do you all keep posting in the WTB section? This appears to be where scammers prey the most. There are 1,000,000,000 different outlets to buy crap on the WWW - why post a WTB thread on RCT? Just search.... Start at Google and go from there.
There is a billion places on the web to buy a discontinued car? Please share! I'll wait.
ronnyh777 likes this.
Old 03-26-2020, 06:58 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Packfan
There is a billion places on the web to buy a discontinued car? Please share! I'll wait.
Facebook.com (Marketplace)
Facebook.com (RC Buy/Sell Forums)
RCT of course (for sale forum)
Ebay
Craigslist (anyone use that anymore though?)
RC Universe

There's a lot of places to look. The point is, go looking. Once you put out the "ask", you're just "asking" for it.
Old 03-26-2020, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by ExRCRacer
Facebook.com (Marketplace)
Facebook.com (RC Buy/Sell Forums)
RCT of course (for sale forum)
Ebay
Craigslist (anyone use that anymore though?)
RC Universe

There's a lot of places to look. The point is, go looking. Once you put out the "ask", you're just "asking" for it.
Been to all of those except Craigslist. What makes them different than RCTech?
Old 03-26-2020, 07:43 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Packfan
Been to all of those except Craigslist. What makes them different than RCTech?
Nothing, RCT is just another source.
If you want to post a "WTB" request - you're best off joining a forum specific to your RC on Facebook. Otherwise, just keep searching.
Old 03-30-2020, 05:24 AM
Super Moderator

I don't remember the last time I bought or sold something though a forum. I mostly deal locally, if it doesn't sell there, I'll stick it on eBay. People still use Craigslist?
Old 04-01-2020, 08:08 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Sanwa12 scammer for sure

Sanwa12 is a scammer for sure, he got me too... i was looking to buy a futaba 4px and he pmed me saying he had two for sale “ bla bla bla” i gave him my number, he called twice and send me pictures of the remotes, after i pay for the remotes he went ghost.... took me 30 days to get my money back from paypal.
Old 04-08-2020, 06:43 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Sorry to hear but here’s your mistake

Never negotiate off the forum try to do everything on the thread either “wanted” Or “for sale” at least you paid via PayPal hopefully not as friends and family.

if someone wants to negotiate via phone I would simply walk away

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.