Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Jammin X1 - so close yet so far >

Jammin X1 - so close yet so far

Jammin X1 - so close yet so far

Old 04-12-2005, 09:40 PM
Tech Adept

What size Spurgear does the jammin come with? Im running the stock 13T ClutchBell, Stock Blue Alum Shoes and i think 1.0 springs. What can i do to get a little more bottom end snap out of this wonderfull Buggy?
Old 04-12-2005, 10:56 PM
Tech Elite

what do you think about the new carbon chassis from sanderssona weight only 190gm.. is it too brittle and can broke easilly
Old 04-12-2005, 11:19 PM
Tech Adept

Ive never heard of that before
Old 04-13-2005, 02:27 AM
Tech Elite

look right here www.buggy-sport.info

Last edited by arghh; 04-13-2005 at 02:42 AM.
Old 04-13-2005, 02:37 AM
Tech Master

Default PRO'S AND CON'S

OK, here's a couple of questions for all of you who actually races the X1 CR Pro.

What do you like most about the buggy and what do you like the least?(durability and performance wise)

As you probably noticed, I already have a 777, but I haven't run it yet. A couple of freinds who race the 777 have been having problems with soft rear arms that allow dogbone ejection, fragile front arms, the need to replace the seemingly un-loved LSD diff and the dreaded shock bladder blow-out syndrome(among other things) so i'm thinking about unloading it before I use it. Some of you may say that I should give it a chance(as my freinds say) but with a child on the way, I would like to spend less time wrenching to fix problems when I get home so I can spend more time with the family.

Does the X1 CR have similar problems as the 777?

I have also researched other buggys(EB4 S3, XB8 and of course the MBX5) but i'm really more interested in the X1 CR Pro right now.

Thanks!
Old 04-13-2005, 09:08 AM
Tech Regular

Default Fuel tank and Bodyshell

Hi guys,

Anyone knows where can i order or get the new/latest fuel tank (solid white) in colour from OFNA for my Jammin X1-CR ?

And also where i can order the same X1-CR bodyshell that came with the kit ?

Thanks...

Old 04-13-2005, 10:50 AM
Tech Rookie

Just want to give props to Ace Hobbies. Twice I've ordered Jammin parts from them and received the parts in 3 days or less. The last time they didn't have a front shock tower in stock so they had OFNA ship it direct. I still got it within 3 days. Cheap shipping too, $3.00 USPS Express Delivery. Hard to beat that kind of service. http://acehardwarehobbies.com
Old 04-13-2005, 12:05 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Aaron Waldron
I finished third at the RC Pro Series race with my Sirio-powered Jammin' X-1!
CONGRATULATIONS on your 3rd place finish! Well deserved and makes me glad I have a Jammin.

I ran my normal setup (stock camber links) with the rear camber link moved down one, 2.6 swaybar up front, 2.5 in the rear, #54 pistons with 40 in the front and 27.5 in the back, 3-5-1 diff oil, and a whole lot of driving.
I have some questions on that setup. Like all of us with Jammins', I'm interested in a good setup.
1. A while back you swore by 5-7-2 in your diffs. Is 3-5-1 you preferred diff setup now?
2. How did you get that sway bar setup? The optional sway bars are Front: 2.3, 2.5 (stock is 2.0) and Rear: 2.3, 2.8 (stock is 2.5).
3. I notice lots of guys are drilling out the shock pistons to #53 (larger). Do you find the Jammin works better with the stock #54 holes?
4. What is the advantage of lowering the inside rear camber link?

Thanks in advance for your response.
Old 04-13-2005, 07:20 PM
Tech Adept

Will the mugen mbx-5 prospec one piece motor mount fit the jammin?
Old 04-13-2005, 11:18 PM
Tech Adept

I dont think so, But you could try it.
Old 04-14-2005, 12:53 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by GaryF
Just want to give props to Ace Hobbies. Twice I've ordered Jammin parts from them and received the parts in 3 days or less. The last time they didn't have a front shock tower in stock so they had OFNA ship it direct. I still got it within 3 days. Cheap shipping too, $3.00 USPS Express Delivery. Hard to beat that kind of service. http://acehardwarehobbies.com
Yeah, they're good people to deal with. I've also had good luck with Nitrohouse.com. Nitrohouse carries all the option parts for the Jammin except the aluminum center diff supports.
Old 04-14-2005, 02:36 AM
Tech Elite

anybody ever try not using bladder in the shock absorber, what are the different between using or not using it...
Old 04-14-2005, 02:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Rear end Pitch and catch!

I'm having a problem getting my x1cr to go over jumps with out having the rear end pitch forward. I try to use throttle control to catch it before it flips, but it seems to get worse and flips end over end. I know it's my car and not the track because I've seen other cars go over the same jumps and not have any problems.

I'm new to 1/8th scale and would like some help. I'm going to review some of the set up sheets on ofnas site, but if any one else knows how to remedy this problem, I'd much appreciate it!
Old 04-14-2005, 07:14 PM
CAR
Tech Addict

Your car could have to much wine up in the rear end that means when the rear end is compressed and then released the rebound is to fast or to long of rebound and this kicks the back of the buggy upward. You can try limiting the rear droop a little at a time so the rear can not rebound as far. Also try a little heavier rear shock oil to slow up the rebound . You need to fine a good balance between handlig and jumping. Also you should be able to use throttle control ,more throttle when your in the air after you have jumped will raise the front end of the car.Braking will bring the nose down. It takes a lot of pratice to get right .Good luck.
Old 04-15-2005, 02:01 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: PRO'S AND CON'S

Originally posted by FREAKAH
OK, here's a couple of questions for all of you who actually races the X1 CR Pro.

What do you like most about the buggy and what do you like the least?(durability and performance wise)

As you probably noticed, I already have a 777, but I haven't run it yet. A couple of freinds who race the 777 have been having problems with soft rear arms that allow dogbone ejection, fragile front arms, the need to replace the seemingly un-loved LSD diff and the dreaded shock bladder blow-out syndrome(among other things) so i'm thinking about unloading it before I use it. Some of you may say that I should give it a chance(as my freinds say) but with a child on the way, I would like to spend less time wrenching to fix problems when I get home so I can spend more time with the family.

Does the X1 CR have similar problems as the 777?

I have also researched other buggys(EB4 S3, XB8 and of course the MBX5) but i'm really more interested in the X1 CR Pro right now.

Thanks!

Anybody?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.