Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree61Likes

HPI RS4 Sport 3

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2017, 01:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Cudacharger;
I thought about buying those Upgrades you listed for my RS4 Sport 3 chassis. But they're too pricey for this HPI chassis.

Tell me how well you do at the races with those Upgrades installed on the chassis.
Old 08-01-2017, 07:12 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GuyIsDamGood
Hey Cudacharger;
I thought about buying those Upgrades you listed for my RS4 Sport 3 chassis. But they're too pricey for this HPI chassis.

Tell me how well you do at the races with those Upgrades installed on the chassis.

The car handles like it's on rails and has more then enough speed for the average RC enthusiast. I built the car as a project runner. I use other cars for the racing venues.

Project: HPI Desert Land Shark - RS4 Sport 3 FLUX Build
Old 08-03-2017, 02:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Cudacharger.
I've read the article. You have a racing chassis. Does it run just as good as the higher-end racers?

My RS4 Sport 3 runs well also. I run the Stock Brushed System(15t motor).

I'll be matching the RS4 Sport 3 against the Tamiya TB Evo 5 (with a 10.5t motor).
-both chassis have the same batteries
Old 08-13-2017, 10:44 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey Everyone,

New to this forum. Great information posted. I've had my Brushed RS4 Sport 3 for about year, so far so good. The BMW body looked to good to use so I just kept it in the box. Figured I would use one of my older bodies. My biggest issue is pebbles getting stuck in the steering, which gets frustrating very quickly, although I have read a few solutions.

I wanted to post pic of my corolla but i am too new with not enough posts so I will have to wait.
Old 08-15-2017, 02:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by MrMiro
Hey Everyone,

New to this forum. Great information posted. I've had my Brushed RS4 Sport 3 for about year, so far so good. The BMW body looked to good to use so I just kept it in the box. Figured I would use one of my older bodies. My biggest issue is pebbles getting stuck in the steering, which gets frustrating very quickly, although I have read a few solutions.

I wanted to post pic of my corolla but i am too new with not enough posts so I will have to wait.

Prep(Sweep) the track before you run the chassis. It'll make the surface better and no-more pebble-rocks getting in the chassis.
Old 08-15-2017, 02:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

I put the HPI RS4 Sport 3 with the Stock 15T Brushed Motor against the Evolution 5 with the Reedy M3 10.5T Motor(0° Timing).

(each chassis best lap)
-HPI RS4 Sport 3 - 40.33
- -Gearing - 64P - 98Spur 34Pinion

-Evo 5 - 39.92
- -Gearing - 96Spur 37Pinion

The track has 4 Hairpins, 4 Sweepers, 4 Medium-Length Straights and 4 Short-Length Straights.

The RS4 Sport 3 runs alright (speed) with the brushed motor. It should be able to give me more smiles with a Brushless motor installed.
I know you Flux guys are having fun with the chassis.

Last edited by GuyIsDamGood; 08-18-2017 at 01:57 AM.
Old 08-22-2017, 12:47 PM
Tech Rookie

What's up guys, I took a hiatus after having issues with my sport 3 shutting off after running it through some puddles. Well after trying to diagnose the issues I went to my local Hobbytown where I was told it was my battery. So purchased a new battery, charged it, and went to give it a run. It runs for about 30 seconds and then shuts off all throttle power, I still have power to the steering. After more research I ordered a new flux speed controller, just went to test it out and I'm having the same issue. What could be the culprit here guys? This first started happening last fall.

I'm not able to post a link to my video as my post count isn't high enough. If someone is willing to post it for me please pm me.

Last edited by slowprogress; 08-22-2017 at 05:35 PM. Reason: update
Old 08-23-2017, 02:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey slowprogress; the brushless motor could've gotten wet.
Old 08-23-2017, 04:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by GuyIsDamGood
Hey slowprogress; the brushless motor could've gotten wet.
From my research it sounds like it could be the servo? Looking over the car it appears water could've gotten in there over the motor, but the puddles weren't deep and it's supposed to be "waterproof" isn't it? I just don't want to continue buying new parts
Old 08-23-2017, 06:01 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slowprogress
From my research it sounds like it could be the servo? Looking over the car it appears water could've gotten in there over the motor, but the puddles weren't deep and it's supposed to be "waterproof" isn't it? I just don't want to continue buying new parts
Hpi used same 4000kv motor in the Savage XS and WR8. Water never bothered motors. I'd have a few ESCs fail. All from heat issues. Seems odd that the replacement has same issue.

When a servo has gone bad for me they just stop working. I do recall one effecting ESC. But mostly just stop working.

Any chance you could try a different receiver. I have had water pool inside receiver. Power would cut in and out constantly.
Old 08-25-2017, 10:51 AM
Tech Rookie

EDIT: Ordered new stock remote and receiver. At this point just throwing money at the problem lol.

Last edited by slowprogress; 08-25-2017 at 01:19 PM.
Old 08-25-2017, 12:52 PM
Tech Rookie

Here is the video with my issue. Thanks in advance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wicX7phbZ3A
Old 08-25-2017, 01:18 PM
Tech Adept

Like Billy mentioned the motor should be fine with water the receiver might be the culprit on this issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvLsXSUs7Vk
Old 08-25-2017, 01:25 PM
Tech Rookie

haha that's awesome! Really enjoyed your article. I did much less puddle driving than that.

This is the video I took right before drying it off and realizing it broke lol.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRg2QeBD...y=slowprogress
Old 08-25-2017, 01:49 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by slowprogress
haha that's awesome! Really enjoyed your article. I did much less puddle driving than that.

This is the video I took right before drying it off and realizing it broke lol.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRg2QeBD...y=slowprogress
Thanks!

By the look of the video (cool drifting going on ) very light rain the car shouldn't malfunction like your experiencing. Not sure how long you have owned the car but if your under 12 months from time of purchase (if purchased new) I would contact Hpi customer support and explain the issue if you haven't already did so. Having the serial number of the car and proof of purchase receipt will insure you getting warranty replacement parts backed by Hpi. Hope this helps so you can get back on the road.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.