My VTA is at 288 FDR run on a very large track HW 25.5 motor just stock esc
ImacFanatic likes this.
Old 08-16-2017, 05:30 PM
Tech Master

88/55 gears
ImacFanatic likes this.
Old 08-16-2017, 05:37 PM
Tech Master

A-main has very little parts for this car Mi 1 don't know why they sell the dam thing. I had to order my stuff from overseas this time. Looks to me like a main is getting away from schu stuff
Old 08-16-2017, 05:46 PM
Tech Master

The Mi 1 is a great car you will have fun with it it's made tough also it can take a good hit.were I run at I get push around a lot they say I am to slow lol.dont get much help either some of the other guys help me out but most don't if you're not in their league
Old 08-16-2017, 05:50 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 5th wheel
A-main has very little parts for this car Mi 1 don't know why they sell the dam thing. I had to order my stuff from overseas this time. Looks to me like a main is getting away from schu stuff
Schumacher UK is very quick to provide parts support I get all my parts from them if i order Thursday it ships out friday and its on my door monday morning.
Rick Vessell and qcrc like this.
Old 08-17-2017, 01:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 5th wheel
88/55 gears
Thank you, I'll start with that.
Old 08-17-2017, 01:29 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by cementsurfer86
Haha, right on!

It's a pretty dialed starting point for carpet, and works well outdoors as well. I'd probably recommend the red AE springs for outdoors. If I remember, it was AE reds in the rear, and AE coppers up front, but I'll check when I get home. Gotta dig mine out and give it a refresh for this year....
Let me know what they are when you dust it off please. Have a growing list of wants and musts for this one, a fairly short list compared to many other builds actually, intend to have a race day ready car for a 300.00 dollar budget. Battery and transponder not inc in that budget spec.
Old 08-17-2017, 05:29 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
Schumacher UK is very quick to provide parts support I get all my parts from them if i order Thursday it ships out friday and its on my door monday morning.
Yes the UK is very quick on shipping sometimes faster than A-main here.
Old 08-17-2017, 05:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ImacFanatic
Let me know what they are when you dust it off please. Have a growing list of wants and musts for this one, a fairly short list compared to many other builds actually, intend to have a race day ready car for a 300.00 dollar budget. Battery and transponder not inc in that budget spec.
I think you will enjoy the Mi1 I think it's a good car I like it anyway I still run mine and my old ass Mi4 LP LOL. I like the Mi6 also.but I am not a pro driver I just enjoy the hobby and get yelled at when I get in the way.LOL
ImacFanatic likes this.
Old 08-22-2017, 08:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi I recently purchased and assembled my Mi1V2. I took it out racing on Sunday and got smoked in USGT. It is my 3rd time racing in USGT and my first with this car first two races I used a Tamiya TT02 and I was getting smoked even worse. I bought new everything chassis motor, esc, and servo. Now my straight away speed is great It is equal to the fastest guys. Now in the turns the car will not turn and I have to either drift or take wide turns. Is this because I am running the front diff and not a spool?

I use to race touring cars on carpet about 13 years ago when nobody really used spools but it looks like I am at a big disadvantage not using one. I know I am not the best driver but I feel like I should at least be middle of the pack. I think I should maybe fill out a setup sheet so you guys can see how the car is setup and maybe give me some recommendations.

The track I run on is outside on pavement and is pretty large with a 120'-130' straight away.
Old 08-22-2017, 11:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by InfamousRacerX
Hi I recently purchased and assembled my Mi1V2. I took it out racing on Sunday and got smoked in USGT. It is my 3rd time racing in USGT and my first with this car first two races I used a Tamiya TT02 and I was getting smoked even worse. I bought new everything chassis motor, esc, and servo. Now my straight away speed is great It is equal to the fastest guys. Now in the turns the car will not turn and I have to either drift or take wide turns. Is this because I am running the front diff and not a spool?

I use to race touring cars on carpet about 13 years ago when nobody really used spools but it looks like I am at a big disadvantage not using one. I know I am not the best driver but I feel like I should at least be middle of the pack. I think I should maybe fill out a setup sheet so you guys can see how the car is setup and maybe give me some recommendations.

The track I run on is outside on pavement and is pretty large with a 120'-130' straight away.
Fill out a setup sheet so we can see what we're looking at. The spool will definitely help the overall feel, but that's just part of it.
If you do run the spool, pick up a set of DCJ's for the Mi5/Mi6 to take care of the chatter.

Below is the link to my base carpet setup. This works well for asphalt as well, but I'd soften the springs a rate or two. Hope this helps!

Schumacher MI1 - Jesse Anderson - Base Carpet Setup - Sept. 2014
InfamousRacerX likes this.
Old 08-23-2017, 07:21 AM
Tech Initiate

To tell you the truth the only difference from box stock is I filled the shocks with losi 40wt oil all around I am using the AE copper springs up front and the reds in the back. I am also using the outside holes on the hub carriers and I did file down the other whole like your write up and I took out the orings in the rear toe links. other than that it was pretty much stock. I dunno if it will let me load a sheet since I do not have enough post, but I will put it up in my gallery.
ImacFanatic likes this.
Old 08-23-2017, 06:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by InfamousRacerX
To tell you the truth the only difference from box stock is I filled the shocks with losi 40wt oil all around I am using the AE copper springs up front and the reds in the back. I am also using the outside holes on the hub carriers and I did file down the other whole like your write up and I took out the orings in the rear toe links. other than that it was pretty much stock. I dunno if it will let me load a sheet since I do not have enough post, but I will put it up in my gallery.
Go down to 30wt or 27.5 oil no sway bars they suck if you're using the us GT tires they suck also.but they will work at -.5 or -1 camber I found they work better for me that way .Mi1 likes a lot of droop give it a shot. Lite oil if the track is bumpy 4 hole piston.
Old 08-23-2017, 07:00 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by cementsurfer86
Fill out a setup sheet so we can see what we're looking at. The spool will definitely help the overall feel, but that's just part of it.
If you do run the spool, pick up a set of DCJ's for the Mi5/Mi6 to take care of the chatter.

Below is the link to my base carpet setup. This works well for asphalt as well, but I'd soften the springs a rate or two. Hope this helps!

Schumacher MI1 - Jesse Anderson - Base Carpet Setup - Sept. 2014
Pardon, what's the part number for those cvd axles mentioned above? and same set front and rear i assume.thanks.
Old 08-23-2017, 08:17 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ImacFanatic
Pardon, what's the part number for those cvd axles mentioned above? and same set front and rear i assume.thanks.
Schu3275?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.