Search
Like Tree2Likes

Fenix gear diff issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 07:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Fenix gear diff issues

I thought I would see if any one else has had issues with these diffs?

I bought one for my 17 x1 and upon the first trial of the car holding it in the air mind you I pulled the throttle only to discover a horrible wobble from the right tire. Upon inspection I discovered that the axle shaft was machined out of round where it steps down to accept the right hub, this also makes the hub hard to push into the diff side cover and even though it has never touched carpet it caused a thin line to be dug into the spur at the edge of the outer side to f the pinion. Frustrating for $100 dollars.

I emailed them so I will see what they do.
Old 01-26-2017, 12:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

AlBundy

Mail received and replied.
Sorry for the issue you've had.

LMK if you get my mail, don't forget that we've 6 hours delta time.
Old 01-26-2017, 08:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 177 (100%+)

Has anyone tried one of these in stock 12th scale?
Old 01-26-2017, 09:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thecaptain
Has anyone tried one of these in stock 12th scale?
Not sure you can get a big enough pinion on the motor to run stock. I believe the gear diff has 8x teeth.
Old 01-26-2017, 12:30 PM
Tech Addict

Fenton and thecaptain

The 1/12 version is on 84/64, and of course all the gear spurs are compatible.
Old 01-27-2017, 06:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Well I can say that these guys not only have poor QC but seem to not like it when they feel offended. They then threaten to slow the process, and as I have not heard any word back today they will in fact slow down any claim if you point out that as a customer who paid out over $100 bucks you reserve the right to not appreciate having to prove their product is of poor quality.

So in a nutshell I feel the transaction should have gone as simple as them sending out either the parts to make it right, or a whole new unit, along with a return ticket so I can ship the defective unit back. You know, so they can use it to learn from and not repeat.

However I get "send us pictures". I send pictures, only to be told not to send them to their site which specifically has an attachment provision for pictures. I point that out to them and explain what a expletive pain in my expletive it is to send the pics by using a camera, downloading, emailing as compared to snapping a pic on the tablet and using their site to send. They respond with warnings for me not to use expletives as it won't make the resolution any faster. I send them pictures and detailed explanation of the issues.

And you guessed it, hear nothing back. So if you do have a claim with these guys I recommend you suck it up like the sap they think their customers are and kiss up to them, whatever you do don't tell it like it is.
Old 01-27-2017, 07:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have had Great customer service from them.

Tom
Old 01-27-2017, 08:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by TOM MAR
I have had Great customer service from them.

Tom

What was wrong with your product?
Old 01-27-2017, 09:41 PM
Tech Addict

If you paid with paypal, put in a claim and escalate it. It is hard for them to ignore you then.
Old 01-27-2017, 10:49 PM
Tech Addict

Dear Albundy
Sorry for the issue.

Of course, if you get a defective product you've a full right to claim for a solution or a remboursement.

Nevertheless we claim, on our side, the right to choose how to serve a customer, if we're treated in a less than "normal" behaviour.

As I say profanity is not a good lubricant in any discussion as is not going to speed up any given process.

Also menacing to "black mail" as well, is not a good system to improve a relationship

Of course...
Our fault... anyone can spot the problem at first sight from the clear pictures we got...

Regarding your 2 last statement:

"And you guessed it, hear nothing back."

You cannot be more wrong, as we've already contacted the dealer that supply you the parts to solve practically your issue.
All you've to do is contact him.

"So if you do have a claim with these guys I recommend you suck it up like the sap they think their customers are and kiss up to them, whatever you do don't tell it like it is."

Of course and while you're doing so, remember we like a lot better email starting with "Good morning" or "Dear person" and ending with a signature, preferably without "fxxxing axx" in the test.

Nothing more than basics which are teached at the primary school.

Now, again, I'm estremely sorry for the issue you've had, as well extremely happy for the 5 minutes of popularity you've got.

Giorgio

Last edited by Giorgio; 01-28-2017 at 12:28 AM.
Old 01-27-2017, 11:04 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

LOL, what a crappy pic.
Old 01-28-2017, 02:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan
LOL, what a crappy pic.
Must be the new iPhone potatoe.
Old 01-28-2017, 03:46 AM
Bar
Tech Addict

Customer isn't always right, sometimes things no matter how high quality the product can have something that's not been machined right, I have had shock shafts were the thread wasn't cut right before
Old 01-28-2017, 06:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

so your saying you handled everything but just didn't notify me? Sounds like a stand up thing to do.... leave the customer hanging without notification.

And I don't have to be good with pictures I'm not a photographer , but as you sell machined parts I would recommend you get better a it. And if your just the customer service rep well you need to brush up on that as well.
Old 01-28-2017, 06:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

A little patience and some common sense goes a long way. And you don't have to be a photographer to see that those pictures are useless.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.