Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SC10 Camber and Slipper issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 06:22 PM
Tech Adept

Default SC10 Camber and Slipper issue

Hey Guys looking for some help with my sc10. I am having issues getting the toe right, and if you compare the left turnbuckle to the right one it is further in the ball cup then the other. I am not sure if that makes a difference or not. Also I re did my gearing and now I feel I cant get the slipper right (i am not running a ball diff). I read on here about another member with a buggy and tried what you guys suggested but it still does not sound right, when I move the spur gear its very...clunky sounding and when I drive it its high pitched at first.
Attached Thumbnails SC10 Camber and Slipper issue-img_20170122_150101230_hdr.jpg   SC10 Camber and Slipper issue-img_20170122_150116451_hdr.jpg   SC10 Camber and Slipper issue-img_20170122_150121028.jpg   SC10 Camber and Slipper issue-img_20170122_151448251_hdr.jpg  
Old 01-22-2017, 11:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I would take the turnbuckle apart and re screw them in so they are even. Then match lengths with the turnbuckle on opposite side and go from there. For setting slipper, you put the truck on a flat surface, hold one wheel with your hand, then hold the other wheel down with radio by pressing the flat bottom on the top of wheel. Then you want to give it throttle. From here you either tighten or loosen the slipper until the front wheels want to lift up when you give throttle. Hard to explain on this but I think theres a youtube video you could follow as well.
Old 01-22-2017, 11:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Theres actually a video and better description on how to do this on the main page of electric offroad forum, first post haha goodluck
Old 01-23-2017, 12:47 AM
Tech Adept

I appreciate the reply. I will try that with the turnbuckles. are all the turnbuckles the same size. I red somewhere that there not all the same. I have seen that video on youtube and have tried it with no luck. The manual says 3 turns in from the nut being level with the shaft on the clutch. Where I am now is about 8 turns in. i can take off and it slips for about 2-3 feet before really catching. i am using the ft high torque clutch pads as well.
Old 01-23-2017, 09:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Adjusting the slipper like you would for a buggy, and in some videos, just won't work the best for a longer chassis short course truck. I've never got the front of my SC10 to "pop up" while the rear tires are being held down. That just messed up my ball diff. Never tried to set slipper that way again on my SC10.
Old 01-23-2017, 10:14 AM
Tech Adept

I have messed with it a bit today and think I got it as good as it will be. If the rain would let up I would head to the track for some practice laps, time will tell. Thanks again
Old 01-23-2017, 10:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by traumajunkie
... I am having issues getting the toe right, and if you compare the left turnbuckle to the right one it is further in the ball cup then the other. I am not sure if that makes a difference or not...
I think I would start by taking off the ball cups, and making sure the turnbuckles themselves are the same length on both sides. There are two different lengths of turnbuckles if you purchased the set. Once you get the turnbuckles even, and the steering servo/bellcrank squared up, then it'll be easy to adjust the toe.
Old 01-23-2017, 10:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by traumajunkie
I have messed with it a bit today and think I got it as good as it will be. If the rain would let up I would head to the track for some practice laps, time will tell. Thanks again
Im out junkie we can't be around each other
Old 01-23-2017, 10:17 AM
Tech Adept

That is my next task after my little one takes his nap, I am almost positive all 6 turnbuckles are the same though
Old 01-23-2017, 10:18 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Keith B
Im out junkie we can't be around each other
HAHA why is that?