Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Does Anybody still use Yokomo Rubber Tires? >

Does Anybody still use Yokomo Rubber Tires?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does Anybody still use Yokomo Rubber Tires?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 09:05 AM
Tech Master

Default Does Anybody still use Yokomo Rubber Tires?

As far as rubber tires go, I hear and see alot of people using Sorex and Take-Offs nowadays. How come nobody uses Yokomo anymore?

Is it traction ussues?

Weight?

Wear?

what are your opinions on Yok rubber tires?
Old 03-29-2005, 09:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I think those were the hot tires last year during the Hitec Parking lot race. I ran CS32's, but would have liked to have tried the Yokomo tires. So many people have just gone to CS27's because it's the most common control tire at big races, plus they're pretty reasonabbly priced. You have to realize too that people are lazy, and most hate gluing tires, to the premounts make it easy.
Old 03-29-2005, 10:32 AM
The Evicerator

Nothing worth doing is easy
Old 03-29-2005, 10:37 AM
Tech Master

I used to use the Yokomo tires on carpet racing with stock motors. I think they were 318G's. I tell you what, these were by far my favorite tires. The reson I think that they didn't become popular was the fact they they took a while to really devolop traction. Funny thing was that they got better with each battery pack and you could run them until the belts were showing. They lasted forever!
I still have like 5 sets of the tires in case rubber on carpet comes back
Old 03-29-2005, 02:53 PM
Tech Master

Default Agree totally.....

Originally posted by koabich
I used to use the Yokomo tires on carpet racing with stock motors. I think they were 318G's. I tell you what, these were by far my favorite tires. The reson I think that they didn't become popular was the fact they they took a while to really devolop traction. Funny thing was that they got better with each battery pack and you could run them until the belts were showing. They lasted forever!
I still have like 5 sets of the tires in case rubber on carpet comes back
I haven't been into on-road for long but I took a set of Yokomo 138g's (medium compound) to the NZ nationals that had only had 1 run prior. At the event they got 9 runs in total (inc practice) and just seem to get better.

Although the nationals track concerned is rough on tyres (apparently a set can last approx 3 months at clubs days) a guy from my local club said that on a high grip (but smoother surface) like the local track I use don't be surprized if you get at least 6 months out of a set.

With the wear rate I've seen it certainly sounds right.

Nb: This is 540 stock racing I should add but still sounds pretty good wear to me.

Last edited by Mabuchi540; 03-29-2005 at 02:59 PM.