Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Associated B6 & B6D thread >

Team Associated B6 & B6D thread

Like Tree649Likes

Team Associated B6 & B6D thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 06-07-2017, 10:46 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated B6 & B6D thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Welcome to the B6 Wiki!

Quick links to all the sections on the first page!

Frequently asked questions - the most common questions you may have answered here!

Aftermarket Parts - parts for the B6 and B6D

Tech Tutorials- tuning guides, ball diff and shock building videos and tutorials

How to's and build-specific posts

Team Associated Laydown transmission conversion for B6D:
Laydown conversion

Instruction Manuals:

B6: B6 Manual and setup sheets

B6D: B6D Manual and setup sheets

How to Sand and Seal carbon fiber:
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber 2
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber 3
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber 4

Charts for Quick reference:

1) put inner bearing in hub
2) slide large shim over axle all the way up to the back of the axle
3) slide axle/bone into hub carrier
4) slide small shim onto axle through hub carrier
5) push outter bearing into hub carrier

using that i'm able to put my normal male silverback gorilla wheel nut tightening job and there's no binding. in the pictures that come with the shims (the pic socket posted) it seems like they want you to slide both shims onto the axle before sliding the axle into the hub carrier and like i said, that doesn't work.

I've traditionally done the diff screw head on the left side (driver's side), but have since switched to the Right side (passenger side) regardless of transmission type (3 gear RM vs 3 gear MM and 4 gear MM).

Kdub (Kurt Wenger, former AE designer) had this to say on the matter:

Originally Posted by kdub
I think I count as an authority on the matter. I always run my diff screw on the right side (when sitting "inside" the car). I take off the tire and pull the outer hinge pin to get to the adjustment screw.

The right rear is the way the AE manuals state (or used to state). It really shouldn't matter since you go around turns both left and right.
B6D 3-gear:

Print Wikipost

Old 08-02-2016, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by abailey21
Scott was sandbagging lol
If he was averaging at 16 seconds and lower then he definitely needs to move up.
Old 08-02-2016, 07:31 PM
JAE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Don't have a b6. (Yet?)

Everyone getting equal traction with the standup as the b5m WITHOUT a ton of mods or compensating setup changes? Thx all
Old 08-02-2016, 07:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAE
Don't have a b6. (Yet?)

Everyone getting equal traction with the standup as the b5m WITHOUT a ton of mods or compensating setup changes? Thx all
I have the B6D. Once its moving the traction is better than the B5m but out of some slow corners on a slippery track it does have less traction. A few small setup changes can easily bring this back so really depends on your track and driving style.

I was a point and shoot driver but learning to be smoother and this buggy really rewards you when you are.
Old 08-02-2016, 09:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JAE
Don't have a b6. (Yet?)

Just stick to your Xray Jason. Your car is already fast enough. The B6 is really finicky when it comes to track condition. It's faster in the corner than the B5M that's for sure if the track has tons of traction. The B5M is more forgiving.
Old 08-02-2016, 10:07 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Phillip F
If he was averaging at 16 seconds and lower then he definitely needs to move up.
I have no idea what his times were, I knew I blew out and he won
Old 08-02-2016, 10:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Battery Hold Down

Who makes/sells a carbon battery hold down BESIDES Raw Speed, Schelle or Bezerk?
Old 08-02-2016, 10:44 PM
JAE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Thx! I'm trying to gauge if the car gives up a little traction in favor of more corner speed and tight handling. B6d I drove once reminded me of my X-ray before tuning it. My experience with the standup X-ray xb2 was that it was like driving a buggy in between my b5m and lay down Xb2 traction-wise. Felt like I gave up some grip for phenomenal handling. If it turns out the b6 gives up no grip for all the positives I think I'll have to get one....

Just stick to your Xray Jason. Your car is already fast enough. The B6 is really finicky when it comes to track condition. It's faster in the corner than the B5M that's for sure if the track has tons of traction. The B5M is more forgiving.
Old 08-02-2016, 11:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

That sounds like a tire or setup issue. If you're not running the narrow rear pivot that could be why the rear endon your b6 has good corner speed and a little too free in some conditions.
Using the alum D block and the 1 insert pointed inward gives the same width pivot as the b5
Old 08-03-2016, 12:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by aeRayls
That sounds like a tire or setup issue. If you're not running the narrow rear pivot that could be why the rear endon your b6 has good corner speed and a little too free in some conditions.
Using the alum D block and the 1 insert pointed inward gives the same width pivot as the b5
are you saying by getting the alum d block the B6 will stay consistent with phenomenal traction even when the track changes from high grip to dry? Right now.. My B6 is amazing when there is tons of traction at the track.... But when it dries a little bit my rear end breaks lose in the corner when I gun the throttle exiting corners.
Old 08-03-2016, 04:45 AM
Tech Regular

He's saying that if you get the aluminum D block, you can adjust the pivot width to be the same as the B5m. Do this by using the 1 deg inserts pointing inward in both the C and D blocks. This gives the same 3/1 setup as the kit, but with a narrower pivot width.
Old 08-03-2016, 04:53 AM
Tech Regular

An aftermarket option for shock towers:

http://www.redrc.net/2016/08/x-facto...-shock-towers/

Old 08-03-2016, 05:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bilster44
Who makes/sells a carbon battery hold down BESIDES Raw Speed, Schelle or Bezerk?
Nobody that I have seen / heard of.
Old 08-03-2016, 06:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 171 (97%+)

The vrp weights are also reversible, so if you don't like the milled look, flip it for a brushed aluminum look. Will have blue anodized weights as well!
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated B6 & B6D thread-weights-1.png  
Old 08-03-2016, 06:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Can somebody point me to someplace I can try to learn about anti squat and roll centers? The B6D has a lot of adjustments in this area, but the manual doesn't really get into much detail about what changes you can expect by moving the pills in the C block. (Quite honestly the manual confuses the heck out of me here.)

Another newbie question about chassis weights. I see Associated has weighted C blocks which I can assume provides more rear grip. Is the purpose of the chassis weights to put more weight up front and provide a more "balanced" car?
Old 08-03-2016, 07:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

The purpose of the chassis weights is to fine tune to your liking. Certain surfaces like a heavier car, like carpet racing.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.