Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Br00d and DCmotorsports vs Orion/Peak

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2005, 01:57 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by L.Fairtrace
I love the V2 motors and think they are the best thing to come into RC in a long time. But I have 4 V2 motors from Orion. 2 12x2 and 2 11x2. One of each is fast, and one of each is slow. The first 11x2 I bought last year is sick fast and still runs great. The other 11x2 I bought a few months ago is a dog. Its like half the speed of the other one. Same with the 12x2. I think next time I'm gonna get an arm from Eddie0.
Sorry you have some issues with a couple of your motors. Have you spoke with customer service regarding these? Team Orion customer service is more than willing to troubleshoot your motor.

Customer service# 714-694-2812
Old 03-04-2005, 02:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by Rick Hohwart
Beware, some small builders do not even produce their own armatures in house, but farm the work out to armature "mills" that produce piecework armatures.

FYI, Team Orion Inc. is an American corporation supporting 20 American workers.
I must say that is kinda funny because most of the BIG motor companies dont even wind their stuff. I think the guy who winds alot of them is in Texas. Down south somewhere. Orion I do know does their own stuff.

Last edited by IndyPhil; 03-04-2005 at 02:06 PM.
Old 03-04-2005, 02:07 PM
Tech Regular

Default RC TRIVIA!!!!

OK! This should be fun! Here is an RC trivia question that I will post the answer to on Monday at 2 PM Pacific time.

Lets see how informed everyone is! Just for S@#ts and Giggles.

Question - Who taught Curtis Schlaat (Owner DC Motorsports) how to wind?

Answer - (To be posted Monday at 2PM)
Old 03-04-2005, 02:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Well Gary I dont really need any troubleshooting, I know about motors enough to know these ones are just dogs. I have been doing this long enough to have tried all the tricks to get these motors faster and they will not improve. I have tons of cuts on the first 11x2 I got and its still crazy fast. At the CRCRC race in Jan I pulled that motor out of my truck and dropped the same motor unused just opened into my truck and it was much much slower, so I played with the brushes and timing on a dyno and it didnt improve at all. Same situation with the 12x2 I got. Its not as big of a difference as the 11's but still much slower. I'm not completly dissatisified with these motors becasue I am using the right now but its on a really small track where most people are using 14's and 15 turns. Makes my buggy really easy to drive actually becasue it doesn't have the rip that it should. Do the V2's get put on a dyno before sending them out? Becasue the 2 11's at the same timing with the same brushes there is almost a 10,000rpm difference between the 2.

I guess I should of said something to Greg at the Crcrc race since he was watching the Steeler game in my pits on Saturday. But I hadnt played with them enough to know that they were duds at that point.
Old 03-04-2005, 02:24 PM
Exe
Tech Regular

i think it is time for that to stop...

everyone chooses what he wants... and this is not any kind of advertising if someone says that br00d motors are awesome, cause they simply are!

what concers hara and other top drivers, driving with orion motors, i don't think they run usual orion motors which are being sold in the shop to normal customers ...
Old 03-04-2005, 02:29 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Exe
i think it is time for that to stop...

everyone chooses what he wants... and this is not any kind of advertising if someone says that br00d motors are awesome, cause they simply are!

what concers hara and other top drivers, driving with orion motors, i don't think they run usual orion motors which are being sold in the shop to normal customers ...

You can buy the same type of 7x1 off the shelf that Rheiard won the worlds with. PERIOD!
Old 03-04-2005, 02:31 PM
Exe
Tech Regular

you never know what they run... and i really don't believe they run one of 1 million motor
Old 03-04-2005, 02:33 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Hodapp
WOW! A shameless attemt at advertising on RCTECH. Come on guys, if you are gonna advertise on here then do so. Don't bad mouth the leading motor company in the industry while doing it.

I personally help Derek wind, balance and epoxy our motors. We put as much love into every production motor we make as we do with our "BIG RACE" motors.

Also, yes we do have the most talented drivers in the industry. They all came to us wanting to race for the company that would give them the absolute best chance to win.

Good luck with your advertising campaign.

P.S. Orion has about 20 workers total but only two of them wind.
Derek Furutani (The Master) and Myself.

Get the facts straight.

How do you see this as being a “shameless attempt at advertising”?

As Eddie stated so eloquently, “the guy simply asked a question” and we replied… Where’s the abuse in that?

Such hostility, you need a hug ....

BTW, keep up the good work...

Curtis
Old 03-04-2005, 02:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: RC TRIVIA!!!!

Originally posted by Hodapp
OK! This should be fun! Here is an RC trivia question that I will post the answer to on Monday at 2 PM Pacific time.

Lets see how informed everyone is! Just for S@#ts and Giggles.

Question - Who taught Curtis Schlaat (Owner DC Motorsports) how to wind?

Answer - (To be posted Monday at 2PM)

Could it be Derek????
Old 03-04-2005, 02:54 PM
Tech Addict

Default I know, I know, I know!!!!

LOL....
Old 03-04-2005, 02:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Thank you for replies. You helped me a lot.
Old 03-04-2005, 02:57 PM
Tech Addict

I think the real trivia question should be, who thought Derek how to wind ???
Old 03-04-2005, 03:02 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Curtis Schlaht
I think the real trivia question should be, who thought Derek how to wind ???
would that be rick? owner of peak...
Old 03-04-2005, 03:15 PM
Tech Master

Curtis you got mail...

Mc$
Old 03-04-2005, 07:47 PM
Tech Master

Curtis get a hold of me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.