Wiki Posts
Search

2015 Launceston R/C Cup

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 04:20 PM
Tech Adept

Default 2015 Launceston R/C Cup

Embracing the cold weather, and our ability to run come Rain, Hail, Shine or Snow (it is Tasmania people), the Launceston R/C Cup has been announced for August 8 and 9 for 2015. This should help to class less with mainland and other events, as well as give some solid racing during the wetter months of the year!

Full details can be found at http://launcestonrc.com/2015-launceston-rc-cup/ or below

2015 Launceston R/C Cup

Launceston R/C is proud to present the Fifth annual Launceston R/C Cup to be held on the 8th and 9th of August embracing our ability to race regardless of the temperature and weather outside!

This two day race meeting will bring together the best drivers from around Tasmania and Interstate for two days of intense indoor, electric R/C car racing with a range of classes providing an option for just about every EP R/C Off Road racer.

It is also the first of three, of an inter-club points series, where Launceston R/C, The North West Remote Control Car Club, and Goodwood Offroad Model Car Club do battle against one another for club supremacy, with each club holding an event where the clubs drivers individual points, add to their clubs over all points.

For a non club member, have no fear, as these events are open to all drivers!! We clubs just like to make a points series out of anything!!!! So if you are a racer from way back, just starting out, even a visiting racer, we’d be more than stoked to see you there!

Sponsors:

We are still on the hunt for sponsors, so if you know of any businesses that may be interested please let Richard Green know at [email protected].
Raffle and Class sponsorship’s are still available at a price and level to suit any business.

Timetable:

Friday – 6:00pm to 9:00 pm, Practice Session
Saturday -7:30 am open, 8:00 controlled practice, 8.45 drivers briefing, 9.10am racing starts. 30 minute Lunch at Approx 1 pm. Finish approx 3:40pm with Trophies for class winners.
Sunday – 7:30 am open, 8:00 controlled practice, 8.45 driver’s briefing, 9.10am racing starts. 30 minute Lunch at Approx 1 pm. Finish approx 4:40 pm with Trophies for class winners.

Where: Uniquely Tasmanian Pavilion, Quercus Rural Youth Park. Go here for details.

Format: 5 * 5 minute qualifiers, with single best race result to count. Triple 5 minute A finals, with best two counting, points for positions, qualifying as tie-breaker. Minimum two B/C/Lower finals (three if time permits).

Classes Saturday: Open/4×4 Short Course Truck, 2wd Buggy Stock, 2wd Buggy Modified, Stadium Truck, Novice. Full details including rules for each class below. Any class may be removed if numbers do not reach at least 4 vehicles.

Classes Sunday: 2wd Short Course Truck, 4wd 10th Buggy Stock, 4wd 10th Buggy Modified, Junior. Full details including rules for each class below. Any class may be removed if numbers do not reach at least 4 vehicles.

**** PLEASE NOTE!! ****
Minimum of 5 drivers per class is a MUST in order for the class to be run

Cost: $20 for 1 class, $10 extra per extra class up to a maximum of $50 for 4 classes. Maximum of two classes per entrant, per day.

Entry Forms: Entry forms can be found online HERE

Concours: Prize for best-presented car on Saturday and Sunday. The prize will be presented at the drivers briefing. Prizes TBA.
Old 06-01-2015, 12:00 AM
Tech Adept

Poster with details

Last edited by Phoenix76; 06-01-2015 at 11:58 PM.
Old 06-01-2015, 12:32 AM
Tech Regular

Talking

Am I reading right the close date is a month after the race
Sorry to point it out
Old 06-02-2015, 12:02 AM
Tech Adept

Yeah, you found me out before I fixed it, I had the entry fee wrong too!

The date was from last year's cup, but we moved it to more mid winter to avoid other event clashes through the year. Being indoors the weather isn't really an issue
Old 06-02-2015, 03:56 AM
Tech Regular

Smile

I think I will pop over for this one easy in easy out
Best close by accommodation ???

I've entered but I may of caught you out again bank details??? can't find them am I blind? entry form quote Entry fees for this event are payable in advance. bank details for direct deposit are available on the event page at launcestonrc.com. ??????
Old 06-02-2015, 10:59 PM
Tech Adept

Oops, must have been missed in the copy over from the last events details. I will correct that now for you. I have added it now, but which club are you from Will?

There is some accommodation at hadspen and carrick which is close, but the nicer accommodation is in Launceston itself. I know one other driver is looking at staying at the Hotel Launceston in Brisbane street http://www.thehotellaunceston.com.au/

Last edited by Phoenix76; 06-02-2015 at 11:04 PM. Reason: missed accomodation
Old 06-03-2015, 12:00 AM
Tech Regular

OK payment made, accom done, flights booked, thanks for that.

Club is KEORCA keilor melb

see you all august be serpent ready
Old 06-09-2015, 01:45 AM
Tech Rookie

Entry sent yeww
Old 06-16-2015, 05:53 AM
Tech Adept

A bit of an update with new sponsors and the latest entries from 6 clubs over three states. http://launcestonrc.com/2015/06/16/2...-new-sponsors/
Old 07-09-2015, 04:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Entry sent, looking forward to it!

Ray
Old 07-29-2015, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Not long now guys, how is all the prep coming along?
Old 07-30-2015, 01:20 AM
Tech Regular

YES NOT LONG , get ready for some severe carpet burn
did the track get changed or still the same as Leo's video
And I left my AKA order to late none left WHO BOUGHT ALL MY TYRES
Now as a AKA user of all kinds for 4 years now, what do I use as I have no idea at all what other brands now make ideas plz will be appreciated so I dont have to study up
Old 07-30-2015, 02:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DIRTMONKEY
YES NOT LONG , get ready for some severe carpet burn
did the track get changed or still the same as Leo's video
And I left my AKA order to late none left WHO BOUGHT ALL MY TYRES
Now as a AKA user of all kinds for 4 years now, what do I use as I have no idea at all what other brands now make ideas plz will be appreciated so I dont have to study up
I'm thinking you might want some carpet tyres rather than the usual AKA rubber?? Normally Schumacher carpet tyres. Mini pins or staggers, I think even metro hobbies still has heaps left over from AA days, even truck and SCT I'd reckon.

Plenty of questions though ....

How good would a surprise layout change be?

How much is Sam going to dominate the mod classes?

How many times can I traction roll before breaking ?

And what size motor will be in Leo's truck ?

So many questions and only 8 sleeps to find out!

Last edited by john watkins; 07-30-2015 at 02:40 AM.
Old 07-30-2015, 09:30 PM
ekt
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

One of the Launceston guys can correct me if I'm wrong, don't think the track will be changed from the layout in this vid.
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Will have more motor in my ST than my 4wd buggy

Proline tires work well, Pin Points and Wedge.

Last edited by ekt; 07-30-2015 at 10:19 PM.
Old 07-30-2015, 11:59 PM
Tech Regular

Well Leo I'm impressed with your driving there on rails buddy, take it your still using the DINGO'S ???
Proline what compound?? and what class is the suggestion for???
Keep hearing tyre wear on carpet is lethal whats it like there with the different types of surfaced carpet???
I'm thinking you might want some carpet tyres rather than the usual AKA rubber?? Normally Schumacher carpet tyres. Mini pins or staggers, I think even metro hobbies still has heaps left over from AA days, even truck and SCT I'd reckon.
Thanks John for the heads up went there today money spent = turning into the cost of doing nitro for two days especially when not going to use again but not whining, just have to somehow justify the cost to the missus and after doing this sport for soooo long now, I think I used the RC MANS WIFE EXCUSE BOOK pointers to many times now so Ive decided to take it like a man and

FIND ANOTHER EXCUSE

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.