Like Tree387Likes

JConcepts Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 11:25 AM
Tech Rookie

Quote:
"When will we see the new B5 series parts - i.e. rear drive axles, wing mounts, etc."

I really don't know, but I guess the truck needs to come out first...

Not sure how to take that.....does that mean that the B5 owners have to wait for JC parts until the T5 comes out?
Old 03-03-2015, 03:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by louie8269
Alright guys I need some help:

I have a race this weekend and I want to make sure I have good traction (obviously)

I got some 60mm jconcepts wheels and gold dirt webs with dirt tech inserts.

From what I've been reading the dirt techs are way too hard/stiff out of the bag to be effective right away. There won't be much time to break-in the wheels/inserts/tires before qualifying. ( I will be breaking in the tires properly regardless )

What would you guys recommend I do? I don't have other inserts and I will not be able to order them before the race.

Would you:

A: Just run them and hope they break in before the mains

B: Cut out the ribs on the inserts before gluing

C: Use open cell inserts (not even sure this will work because the open cells are from 2.2 tires)

D: Other (please explain)

TIA guys!
I have never been a closed cell fan in the past and never could find a closed cell foam I really liked. I decided to give the dirt-techs a shot in gold dirtwebs and actually really like them. I softened them by putting 3 rows of punched holes in them with a leather punch. They were still a little stiff at first but started to feel good after the first quick practice run or so. The foams are soft enough at the top of the tire to absorb bumps in the track's surface and make good bite, but stiff enough to hold up in hard corners. This was with 2.2" tires but I'm sure it would work great with the 60mm tires too.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PW
Don't cut the fronts or SCT; just run them normal.
PW,
By cutting the ribs, won't that make a gap between the tire and the insert? Was told that roughing up the shiny groove area between the ribs will help soften the tire faster (will absord water,etc and break down faster). Others have mentioned hole punching. Your thoughts please.
Old 03-03-2015, 11:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I use my tire punch to punch holes in the jc foams and it works very well. Removes enough material to soften the foams but doesn't seem to effect the integrity or longevity of the foam.
Old 03-04-2015, 05:38 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kinda_Quick
Quote:
"When will we see the new B5 series parts - i.e. rear drive axles, wing mounts, etc."

I really don't know, but I guess the truck needs to come out first...

Not sure how to take that.....does that mean that the B5 owners have to wait for JC parts until the T5 comes out?
Sorry...I read it as T5 . Not really sure when the new B5 accessories will be out, so stay tuned.

PW,
By cutting the ribs, won't that make a gap between the tire and the insert? Was told that roughing up the shiny groove area between the ribs will help soften the tire faster (will absord water,etc and break down faster). Others have mentioned hole punching. Your thoughts please.
The 60mm package is so tight once glued, the gap is filled with the cut inserts. I do everything possible to keep water, sauce, etc from getting into the insert, so I don't recommend anything to enhance water absorption. If you feel the insert needs to be softer, I would recommend punching holes.
Old 03-04-2015, 06:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PW
Sorry...I read it as T5 . Not really sure when the new B5 accessories will be out, so stay tuned.

The 60mm package is so tight once glued, the gap is filled with the cut inserts. I do everything possible to keep water, sauce, etc from getting into the insert, so I don't recommend anything to enhance water absorption. If you feel the insert needs to be softer, I would recommend punching holes.
Anyone want to comment on their results and technique on making holes in their inserts (how many, where to punch on insert, etc.) Saw a post that incl pics on punching holes in an aka black but wanting an update from those who have experimented with dirt techs.
Old 03-04-2015, 08:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Micah123
Anyone want to comment on their results and technique on making holes in their inserts (how many, where to punch on insert, etc.) Saw a post that incl pics on punching holes in an aka black but wanting an update from those who have experimented with dirt techs.
As another guy mentioned. Use a leather punch that you use to put holes in your tires. Put 2 or 3 holes in each of the inner ribs. Flipping it inside out is a huge help.

When I first got the 60mm wheels and tires I tried 3 things:

1. Stock insert nothing done to it. This was too firm for my medium grip bumpy indoor track.
2 stock insert cut. This was by far better for my conditions.

3. Open cell insert. I stuffed a 2.2 open cell insert in there. It actually doesn't feel too bad at all and gave a lot of forward bite. Unless track conditions really suck and grip is really low, I wouldn't run em.

All in all... The 2.2 just plain works better at my home track.
Old 03-04-2015, 11:27 AM
Tech Rookie

[QUOTE=PW;13884888]Sorry...I read it as T5 . Not really sure when the new B5 accessories will be out, so stay tuned.

Got it - thanks! Hopefully the rear drive axles will be out soon
Old 03-10-2015, 10:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

When are the complete set of T5m truck fin turnbuckles going to be available? Only like 2 weeks from now until the T5m kits ship I believe!
Old 03-10-2015, 11:13 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rigor
When are the complete set of T5m truck fin turnbuckles going to be available? Only like 2 weeks from now until the T5m kits ship I believe!
We have them in stock and should be released any day now
Old 03-10-2015, 06:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

First of all, Why are turnbuckles such a big deal??

Second, Paul, is there something you might want to tell us about?? A new release or something that people have asked about in this thread? Namely me.
Old 03-11-2015, 05:51 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 1/4milecrazy
First of all, Why are turnbuckles such a big deal??

Second, Paul, is there something you might want to tell us about?? A new release or something that people have asked about in this thread? Namely me.
You can always follow our "jconcepts" instagram page for sneak peeks of up coming products. You might see some things you like.....
Attached Thumbnails JConcepts Thread-smoothies.jpg  
Old 03-11-2015, 05:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Dirt Webs For Carpet

I was just curious if maybe Dirt Webs in orange or red would be a viable solution to indoor off-road for carpet? I hate running PL carpet tires when I exclusively buy JConcepts stuff.... We still have a fair ways to go ground wise before we can head outside to the dirt.
Old 03-11-2015, 09:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PW
You can always follow our "jconcepts" instagram page for sneak peeks of up coming products. You might see some things you like.....
That's where I saw them first. Me likey
Old 03-12-2015, 05:29 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by iDesign5
I was just curious if maybe Dirt Webs in orange or red would be a viable solution to indoor off-road for carpet? I hate running PL carpet tires when I exclusively buy JConcepts stuff.... We still have a fair ways to go ground wise before we can head outside to the dirt.
Honestly I have never run carpet off-road, so I don't really know first hand what to recommend. The few drivers that I know running on carpet use gold compound slicked out tires, but their local tracks don't allow the harder spiked tires.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.