Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
FX Royal Racing Engine Thread >

FX Royal Racing Engine Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree61Likes

FX Royal Racing Engine Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 02:50 AM
Tech Master

Is this Martin Bayer running FX?

Old 01-27-2015, 03:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lille-bror
Is this Martin Bayer running FX?

Are you asking if it's Martin Bayer or if it's an FX engine
Old 01-27-2015, 03:23 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by HomicidalBunny
Are you asking if it's Martin Bayer or if it's an FX engine
you know what he 's asking :P cheeeeekyyy lol
Old 01-27-2015, 05:26 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DaRaceMasta
you know what he 's asking :P cheeeeekyyy lol

Well, asking if its Bayers car. I can see its a FX
Old 01-28-2015, 07:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I dont believe thats his paint scheme...
Old 01-28-2015, 11:03 AM
Tech Adept

FX vs Novarossi btt4

1. Fueleconomy?

2.Durability?

3. Stable and easy to ajust?

Hope someone has tried them both or another top nova at the same price
Old 01-28-2015, 12:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by occidio
FX vs Novarossi btt4

1. Fueleconomy?

2.Durability?

fx - short needle carb
nova - long needle carb
nova will have better fuel economy
durability, these are both good brands for quality

Personally I do not like short needle carbs.
Old 01-28-2015, 12:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by occidio
FX vs Novarossi btt4

1. Fueleconomy?

2.Durability?

I have not had a Btt4 but i have had Keep Offs and Bonitos... In my experience both the FX and Novas have great power. The FX has an extremely smooth powerband where as my Novas we either top or bottom. Durability? I havent had to do any maintenance on my FXs after 5 gallons but probably ready for a pinch but conrod is still fine. Ive never kept a Nova long enough to give a review of long term durability but I believe they actually suggest you change the conrod after break in in their manual but maybe not anymore.

The biggest difference for me was the ease of tuning and stability, my FX always starts right up and the tuning window is such that you can almost always have a good/decent tune as long as you are an hour or two but with the Novas the tuning window is so small that if you arent within a half hour of the sweet spot then the engine doesnt run its best and then has idle issues. I was always having to tune on my Novas and had issues with flame outs and either idle being too high or too low...

Again this is all my experience and opinion but I will never buy another Nova based engine... OS and FX only
Old 01-28-2015, 01:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Graham11
I have not had a Btt4 but i have had Keep Offs and Bonitos... In my experience both the FX and Novas have great power. TFueX has an extremely smooth powerband where as my Novas we either top or bottom. Durability? I havent had to do any maintenance on my FXs after 5 gallons but probably ready for a pinch but conrod is still fine. Ive never kept a Nova long enough to give a review of long term durability but I believe they actually suggest you change the conrod after break in in their manual but maybe not anymore.

The biggest difference for me was the ease of tuning and stability, my FX always starts right up and the tuning window is such that you can almost always have a good/decent tune as long as you are an hour or two but with the Novas the tuning window is so small that if you arent within a half hour of the sweet spot then the engine doesnt run its best and then has idle issues. I was always having to tune on my Novas and had issues with flame outs and either idle being too high or too low...

Again this is all my experience and opinion but I will never buy another Nova based engine... OS and FX only
+100

Novas are really great engines but more sensitive to tuning. FX are MUCH more forgiving.The Nova conrod and crankpin haven't the best lifespan.

I would say mileage are similar between my FX and BTT engines (always +9 min).

I thought it was time to change the conrod on my preproduction FX after 3 gallons. When I got the new conrod, I could only measure a difference between the new and old in the range of 0.03 mm. Absolutely no wear on the crankpin.

Its very easy to setup a FX engine to your taste because it respons very well to venturies and pipes

Last edited by Lille-bror; 01-28-2015 at 01:38 PM.
Old 01-29-2015, 02:15 PM
Tech Elite

+100

Novas are really great engines but more sensitive to tuning. FX are MUCH more forgiving.The Nova conrod and crankpin haven't the best lifespan.

I would say mileage are similar between my FX and BTT engines (always +9 min).

I thought it was time to change the conrod on my preproduction FX after 3 gallons. When I got the new conrod, I could only measure a difference between the new and old in the range of 0.03 mm. Absolutely no wear on the crankpin.

Its very easy to setup a FX engine to your taste because it respons very well to venturies and pipes
so true about the conrod, i opened mine up to replace mine and when i measured it the old one was the exact same measurement as the new one but everyone said "oh well there may be stress fractures you cant see blah balh" so i replaced it anyway but i dont think it was necessary. After about 5-6 gallons I am sending my FX for its first pinch but I dont think it will need much else.
Old 01-29-2015, 02:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default well

I own both an FX and a BTT and they both are easy to tune although the FX seems to be able to idle without loading up at all which I have never seen before.

The are both reliable no issues with either needed resizes at about the same time although the FX took a little longer to break in.

The FX has more bottom end and that is what I like and so I consider it a more all around engine although the smooth powerband of the btt and top speed help out on outdoor tracks. Fuel mileage I cant tell any difference.
Old 01-31-2015, 02:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by merdith6
I own both an FX and a BTT and they both are easy to tune although the FX seems to be able to idle without loading up at all which I have never seen before.
Novas just needs a hotter plug than #5 and #6 to stop load up.
Old 01-31-2015, 04:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default well

Novas just needs a hotter plug than #5 and #6 to stop load up.
I have been running novas since about 1998. If you run too hot of a plug you can burn the plug up very fast in a nova. When I said the FX does not load up I meant I can start it and not even rev it up and let it idle as I wait for my run. It's pretty awesome. I don't think either is better than the other just different.
Old 01-31-2015, 08:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

guys i have a brand new in box clocked fx 5k will let it go for 375 plus 10 shipping STEAL they are 370 stock!!!!!
Old 02-02-2015, 09:29 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

I ran a 2058 on the fx engine this weekend. It is by far a much better choice than wither the 2108 or 2100. I don't think mileage is better but power delivery is far superior.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.