Like Tree5Likes

LOSI XXX-S, Tips and Tricks, Open Mod, etc

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 02:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default reincarnation of the Losi XXXS

Originally Posted by fathead
What spurs are those? I assume that is an adapter?
Yeah, they're from the UK...Fastrax parts, if one scavenges, you can fine them. Oh. Alloy suspension arms are probably the rarest alloy parts that were made but are almost impossible to obtain these days.

Last edited by bigfatslob; 12-31-2014 at 07:31 AM.
Old 12-28-2014, 06:17 PM
Tech Adept

Any other xxxs parts people are wanting?
Delrin outdrives for the diff would be sweet.
Old 12-28-2014, 06:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Looking very likely that I will do alloy main part with changeable delrin pulleys, easier to machine the pulleys themselves that way too, and gives the flexibility of different tooth counts
How has the work been going? Looking forward to getting an adapter and getting the car on the track by February.
Old 01-01-2015, 06:22 AM
Tech Adept

If the belt skips under hard braking, is it slipping on the spur gear pulley? I was thinking that had to be the spot due to the number of belt teeth that are on it at any given time.
Old 01-01-2015, 01:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by microed
If the belt skips under hard braking, is it slipping on the spur gear pulley? I was thinking that had to be the spot due to the number of belt teeth that are on it at any given time.
I'm pretty sure it's the spur pulley, the manual and even the majority of people seem to agree it's ok if it skips a little.
Old 01-02-2015, 01:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Guys,

I've just acquired an XXX-S. It's tough finding upgrades. I'm mostly looking for aluminum wheel hexes and sway bar kits. Where can I source these and other parts? Thanks.
Old 01-02-2015, 10:13 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

nismoflip try Constant & daily searches on Ebay, Amazon, and right here ....ask the big posters on the Losi XXX-S threads, they've supplied my sons and I with an abundance of the absolute best quality as well as rare parts. ( Evo Racer, skater-deez 1 , nf_ekt and more )
Old 01-02-2015, 09:33 PM
Tech Addict

bigfatslob,

Thanks for 411. I love this new-to-me chassis. Late to the game but very excited to get it going.
Old 01-03-2015, 04:24 AM
Tech Master

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by nismoflip
bigfatslob,

Thanks for 411. I love this new-to-me chassis. Late to the game but very excited to get it going.
They're still awesome cars, loaned my backup xxxs to a buddy at our last race and he put it in the A main and finished 4th. Luckily I ran second or I would've be jacked! LOL
Old 01-08-2015, 04:17 PM
Tech Elite

Guys,

I've just acquired an XXX-S. It's tough finding upgrades. I'm mostly looking for aluminum wheel hexes and sway bar kits. Where can I source these and other parts? Thanks.
I believe there are some sway bar set-ups for the car on Ebay at the moment, might have to take another look. Also, I think I had aluminum hexes from a TC3 on one of my previous cars, easier to find.

It's an easy to drive car. I wouldn't dump too much money into one at this point, I view them as being one of the best budget spec-class cars you can have for very little money. I had a real hooked up one with lots of MF and IRS parts, ended up selling it after a XXXS won a big VTA race... what I made for my collection of NIP belts was ridiculous . I had NIP MF adapters, the works... it brought me some decent money.

Now that repro belts exist, I picked another XXXS up (thanks skater deez). If Fathead gets us the delrin adapters then the cars will have a totally new lease on life. All the regular parts have been available via Ebay forever, no shortage it seems. I still don't understand why Losi doesn't market it as a rtr VTA car the way HPI markets the Sprint 2. Such easy to live with cars that I find are durable (ok, maybe not for boosted mod, but no one races them in those types of classes anyways). Tweek-proof is a nice thing.
Old 01-08-2015, 10:50 PM
Tech Addict

Adapters are still in the works, just had a little break over the Christmas holidays, back on to them soon
Old 01-09-2015, 02:40 PM
Tech Master

Thumbs up

Adapters are still in the works, just had a little break over the Christmas holidays, back on to them soon
Sweet! I did see one of the red original adapters on fleebay today!
Old 01-09-2015, 06:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by skater-deez1
Sweet! I did see one of the red original adapters on fleebay today!
Sold for $42 shipped Damn man, you can practically get a used roller for that much!

Better sell mine before Fathead gets the delrin version out !
Old 01-09-2015, 08:19 PM
Tech Addict

Which page does the discussion of aftermarket adapters start? These adapters will allow us to use common spur gears? And the need for these is because the current set of factory spur gear selections is meek? Thanks.
Old 01-09-2015, 10:18 PM
Tech Addict

Which page does the discussion of aftermarket adapters start? These adapters will allow us to use common spur gears? And the need for these is because the current set of factory spur gear selections is meek? Thanks.
Only a couple pages ago, adapters will allow you to run small standard spurs for 21.5 to get the super high ratios the car was never designed for.

Looks like at this stage I will be offering a straight delrin adapter with stock pulley tooth count, and a 2 piece, alloy with interchangeable delrin pulleys allowing for smaller tooth count pulley to fit aftermarket belts better

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.