Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northeast Racing Forum
Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT. >

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree21Likes

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average.

Old 11-27-2014, 05:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spamager
well.. let us know. might give me some time to troubleshoot..though im leaning towards the bullets on the battery connection as an issue. waiting for a couple castle creation ones that are solid to hopefully show today. electric problems suck.
You need to be careful with the connectors. Some batteries are tight and some not so much. If you look around on the web you will see some companies make connectors for specific batteries. The bullet connectors with the springs on the sides are problems waiting to happen. I have had much better luck with the solid style that are cut and spread open a bit, a PIA to get in and out but worth it. Once again a standard would be nice, oh wait it's 5mm now? That's the nice thing about standards, so many to choose from.
Old 11-27-2014, 06:24 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

When it comes to bullet connectors

Use These:

Do not use these:
Old 11-27-2014, 07:51 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by EricW
When it comes to bullet connectors

Use These:

Do not use these:
rimracker/Eric - yeah the ones to "NOT" get are the ones on there now, only because at time of build its the only ones available local.. I ordered the other style.. think it was castle creations..
Old 11-28-2014, 06:41 AM
Tech Adept

Jim,

Yup that would explain it, the old banana plugs just never sit in tight enough. I'm sure I have an extra pair somewhere....

Hope everyone had a safe and wonderful thanksgiving

Not sure whether or not the layout change starts tomorrow. But I'll be Heading to wolcott Sunday, and try and steal some hardware. Anyone else in, post up I'll save spots

"Ducky"
Old 11-28-2014, 07:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Jim I believe we have them in stock
Old 11-28-2014, 09:52 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by willyb
Jim I believe we have them in stock
yeah we checked they werent last sunday at trophy race.. so ordered them quick online and expected to deliver house this past wednesday.. alas.. no show. wanted to get them soldered on before hitting the track if it was open wednesday. need to test my soldering skills again.. rekindle them from my EOB days! ha!
Old 11-28-2014, 10:09 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Uh oh, it's available.

Old 11-28-2014, 02:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ducky162
Jim,

Yup that would explain it, the old banana plugs just never sit in tight enough. I'm sure I have an extra pair somewhere....

Hope everyone had a safe and wonderful thanksgiving

Not sure whether or not the layout change starts tomorrow. But I'll be Heading to wolcott Sunday, and try and steal some hardware. Anyone else in, post up I'll save spots

"Ducky"
Hey Ducky I plan on running Sunday.
Old 11-28-2014, 06:29 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TonyD.
Hey Ducky I plan on running Sunday.
Don I heard it's not a trophy race but maybe a cash race.
Old 11-29-2014, 12:16 AM
Tech Initiate

well..did some troubleshooting and loooks like it was the negative battery bullet connector that was iffy. replaced with the solid style..

we shall see with more testing. on another note stopped by the track and its in process of rebuilding and looks to be a cool and challenging layout with plenty of visibility. In the process picked up a justock 17.5 combo for the boys b5 buggy and a servo.. so may get it ready for when the track re-opens.

now if that little birdy Jay would stop whispering "Stadium Truck" in my ear..
Old 11-29-2014, 07:51 AM
Tech Adept

Default Gobbler @ RC Excitement

Hey Guys and Gals, come on up and check out the new layout.
Attached Thumbnails Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.-2014-gobbler.jpg  
Old 11-29-2014, 03:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

ED! nice to hear from you, we hope to get a road trip up there soon!
Old 11-29-2014, 04:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Guys, the new layout is done. I'll post pictures when I get home. I think everyone will be very pleased. John did a great job. This layout features a really nice flow, very smooth. There is a long back straight, and more right turns then we've had in a while. There is a option jump onto the straight, off camber turns, smooth rollers and jumps. This should be a VERY competitive layout for all classes but especially the stock classes. Lap times should be in the 14-15's for most. I am looking forward to running it. I think Mod Truck will be a lot of fun on this layout. As always, its got to dry...but we'll have an update for Wed. If its not ready by Wed, we'll race Sat night for sure. Stay tuned for the pics...
Old 11-29-2014, 05:29 PM
Tech Addict

A question regarding the new layout-

Was the dirt tilled to try and remove some of the previous oil that was placed down?
Old 11-29-2014, 06:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yes James...The track was tilled.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.