Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy >

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Old 11-18-2014, 07:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by MasiisaM
Giving team drivers and the lead designer said it doesn't make a difference...it dosn't surprise me..it's a placebo part.

But hey... 80% of this hobby is whats in your head..

How would they know , they never tried it and have nothing to compare to?
If the car has steering slop without the ballbearing bar and zero slop with it, how does that make it placebo? But hey 20% of this hobby is doing what everyone else does.......
Old 11-18-2014, 08:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

What are you guys doing for the slop in the spindles? With the 1mm shim on top and bottom there is still play, maybe a .50mm shim would tighten it up without binding...
Old 11-18-2014, 08:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
How would they know , they never tried it and have nothing to compare to?
If the car has steering slop without the ballbearing bar and zero slop with it, how does that make it placebo? But hey 20% of this hobby is doing what everyone else does.......
How would they know? TOP tier drivers? Are you serious right now? They have nothing to compare to? Do you think the team drivers didn't try to take the slop out if they thought it was important? I mean hell these guys use KYO springs among other things on their cars dialed... they use whatever ..they use OTHER manufactures gear to get their cars set up. They use whatever to get them the best package and NOT one team driver says the slop is an issue...

Recap..not ONE team driver has an issue with it..the LEAD designer dosn't have an issue with it. Yet the guy that is selling a part thinks it makes a difference. Im sorry to call you out on that..but get the the hell out of here with that BS.

Im just calling a spade a spade...I will eat my words if TY or anyone of the team starts using the products your SELL.

You sell a placebo product..And thats fine...just don't come on here and say TOP trier drivers haven't tried it and they don't know any better VS. the average guy trying to make a buck.
Old 11-18-2014, 08:28 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Slop does effect the all cars. Having your camber move all over the place it not a good thing. Maybe the D413 is "numb" like the B4 was and the slop never slower it down, but IMO on high bite like I race where the track is consistent, I would like to have more consistent camber/toe etc.
Old 11-18-2014, 08:55 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by MasiisaM
How would they know? TOP tier drivers? Are you serious right now? They have nothing to compare to? Do you think the team drivers didn't try to take the slop out if they thought it was important? I mean hell these guys use KYO springs among other things on their cars dialed... they use whatever ..they use OTHER manufactures gear to get their cars set up. They use whatever to get them the best package and NOT one team driver says the slop is an issue...

Recap..not ONE team driver has an issue with it..the LEAD designer dosn't have an issue with it. Yet the guy that is selling a part thinks it makes a difference. Im sorry to call you out on that..but get the the hell out of here with that BS.

Im just calling a spade a spade...I will eat my words if TY or anyone of the team starts using the products your SELL.

You sell a placebo product..And thats fine...just don't come on here and say TOP trier drivers haven't tried it and they don't know any better VS. the average guy trying to make a buck.

That makes absolutely no sense at all. Slop is something that is there regardless of who is driving the car. Of course they are going to say it makes no difference why would they not, the designer admitting to anything other than the way it is would send customers into a riot.

Placebo means fake, if i made an exact duplicate of the kit bar with slop built in that would be placebo but the fact is that my bar decreases slop and that my friend is something that you can see and feel, You giving an opinion on something that you have no experience with is a moot point because You simply do not know, you dont have an RCShox bar therefore you have nothing to compare to.

I never said my part did anything except get rid of slop in which it does, if you like the slop in your steering than by all means keep it, thats your choice. But to come on a public forum and talk about something that you do not know about is ridiculous and stupid at the same time. You can get out of here with that BS . Your "team" information that comes from RED RC , LiveRC or facebook or any other place except for an actual team drivers mouth is just your opinion and thats it.

Why dont you replace your wheel bearings with bushings since slop makes no difference.

I wasnt the one that ever complained about the slop in the first place. I only made something to help out the ones that do not desire steering slop whether you like it or not.

Just because the team guys dont use it (which my friend is not 100% true) doesnt mean everyone else doesnt need it. You dont drive like Tessman, nor do 98% of the people that purchased this car. And like Wildcat said slop does effect everything especially in steering.

Since you know so much why dont you tell me where this is incorrect:
stock rack has slop? yes or no
Ack bar slop equals incorrect steering angles? yes or no
Ack bar slop effects bump steer? yes or no
RCShox bar eliminates all of the above? yes or no

interesting how you can adjust your camber .5* and feel the difference but replacing a part that gets rid of up to 1.5 mm of slop does nothing, yea that makes sense.....

Far from a placebo and if you really think it is then its your single twisted opinion. Many have been sold and none have been returned so it seems to me that everyone except you is right or i have managed to flip the universe while pulling off the scam of the century on the RCtech D413 thread MUUUUUHAHAHA Gimme a break
Old 11-18-2014, 09:06 PM
Tech Regular

I bought the rc shox ackerman bar it now sits in my tool box. I think the car is better with stock ackerman bar. My .02 cents.
Old 11-18-2014, 09:09 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by slasn_48
I bought the steering rack it now sits in my tool box. I think the car was better with stock ackerman bar. My .02 cents.

Fair enough but did it decrease steering slop?
Old 11-18-2014, 09:12 PM
Tech Regular

Not as much as I thought it would.
Old 11-18-2014, 09:15 PM
Tech Champion

Not as much as I thought it would.

Explain please , if you dont mind of course. There is absolutely no slop with ball bearings so I am confused on what you mean by that.
Old 11-18-2014, 09:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T. Deguzman
i usually design in some slop in the car. i posted a long explanation before but i couldn't find it. it may have been on the D812 thread. anyway a little bit of slop makes it so you don't have to 'break-in' a new car and it stays more consistent from the time it is freshly built till it's several race days old. this also keeps you from having to chase a setup for a tight car to a sloppy car. however having said that the steering rack did end up more sloppy than intended. i had plans to tighten it up but Ty never mentioned it so it didn't get too urgent on my to-do list. on my car i found an axle shim from a touring car that fit over the rack bushing. i used that to tighten the fit a little, or as posted by someone before you can shorten the bushing with a dremel as well.
With all the talking about what Torrance said versus what the drivers said about the steering rack. Here is what was actually said.
Old 11-18-2014, 09:29 PM
Tech Champion

Well, how about that.......
Old 11-18-2014, 09:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

Any build tips? Any needed upgrades? Thanks!
Old 11-18-2014, 09:38 PM
Tech Regular

It took out the slop out of the bar ackerman bar but the car still has some steering slop. I had already took most of the slop out of the stock ackerman bar. I just find the car easier to setup with the stock ackerman bar,more versatile. Not trying to offend.
Old 11-18-2014, 09:49 PM
Tech Champion

It took out the slop out of the bar ackerman bar but the car still has some steering slop. I had already took most of the slop out of the stock ackerman bar. I just find the car easier to setup with the stock ackerman bar,more versatile. Not trying to offend.

No offense taken, just like to hear feedback from people who actually have experience with both parts With that being said though i dont understand how setting up a car that is loose is easier? Do you mean setup as in driving on the track and making changes or do you mean setup on the bench?
Old 11-18-2014, 10:05 PM
Tech Regular

With your ackerman bar I found the car had more bump steer then when I had it setup with the stock ackerman bar using ty's reedy setup. I just think the stock ackerman bar is just more versatile.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.