Search
Like Tree3Likes

Team Associated TC6.2 Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2014, 03:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Smile

It's more a two chassis comparison instead of a three chassis test.... Maybe a tc4.1/tc6.2/Xray t4 15 would make more sense.....
Originally Posted by wtcc
I decided to do a direct comparison between my TC chassis in front of the upcoming LRP-HPI-Challenge at my home-indoor-track in Senden:

In the middle we have the reigning champion chassis () the 6.1WC. TQ and A-main-sweep last year, this chassis got me one of my few regional wins in this series.
On the left my 6.2. After trying my outdoor setup indoor I was quite surprised how well it worked. Will it prevail against its old brother?
On the right my newest toy in orange () the T4'15. A very impressing car out of the box. I made some setupchanges already for my track and the car feels good, but is it fast?
The next days will show. We finally got our timing ready and I will do testing tomorrow and on several days next week.

All chassis will have the same motor, battery, tires, body. Different will be the esc. At least all three are LRP and blinky mode.

The worst outcome would be a draw
Old 10-25-2014, 03:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
It's more a two chassis comparison instead of a three chassis test.... Maybe a tc4.1/tc6.2/Xray t4 15 would make more sense.....
Old 10-25-2014, 03:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by samnelso
Wtcc, what class do you run?
It is 17.5t blinky with fdr of 4.5 max. You have to run VTEC CPX premount tires, the LRP X20 StockSpec motor and one of the LRP esc.
Old 10-25-2014, 04:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I decided to do a direct comparison between my TC chassis in front of the upcoming LRP-HPI-Challenge at my home-indoor-track in Senden:

The worst outcome would be a draw
I always enjoy reading your comparisons, so I can't wait to hear your conclusions.
Old 10-25-2014, 09:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
Keep us inform on your results
Old 10-26-2014, 11:25 AM
Tech Rookie

hello, has anyone the setup and/or photos of Keven Herberts Asso TC6.2 from IIC Vegas 2014. If yes, please post it here. Thanks
Old 10-26-2014, 11:52 AM
Tech Elite

Today the first shootout between my AE chassis took place. I started with the 6.1WC. In the first three batteries it already proved its speed by repeating last years fastest laptimes. These were 10.5s laps among many 10.6-10.8 and two 10.3s laps They happened in the second run in the second and ninth lap. The second run itself had no 10.4s laps, only two 10.5s laps, all other were 10.6 and worse. I find that very confusing, because I didn't cut the track or did other strange things... Whatever, I keep that in mind and only trust the 10.5s.

Then came the switch to the 6.2. The car turns so much better, it was easier to drive and felt like one second faster, just felt, but I was sure to be faster... I was not! Again 10.5s as fastest lap. That was dissapointing. Because of the nice and easy drive I decided to do more runs with the 6.2 today and to adapt the outdoorsetup to my indoor track. After another five runs I brought the times down to (again) two 10.3s laps, this time followed by seven 10.4s laps throughout the whole run; between 2. and 30. lap.

Next week I will do the comparison with the Xray and if the T4'15 won't blow away the 6.2 times, I will again do runs with the 6.1 to look if the early 10.3s laps were two lucky laps, a glitch, or if the 6.1 really has that potential.
Old 10-27-2014, 09:50 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I ran the TC6.2 for the first time this past Saturday at the Tamiya America Raceway for the Speedtech Grand Prix and was very impressed right from my first pack. The race itself had a pretty good mod turnout with about 20 entries. Unfortunately we had controlled practice and I was only able to get one run in with the car before qualifying.

Qualifying went decent, made a few pretty bad mistakes in both qualifiers but was still able to pull off 3rd on the grid for the main. Had a rough start to the main getting hit in the first sweeper and tucked my body, came out of the first sweeper in the 8th spot. Finally began to feel really comfortable with the car about a minute into the main and put on a drive that landed me in 2nd at the end of the race. Rick Hohwart drove flawless all day with his 6.2. TQ'ed and lead every lap of the main for an easy win. Although I wasn't close to him after my start, I was the only car to finish on his lap at the end of the race so that definitely has me feeling confident about the car!

Had plenty of help getting things going, so thanks again to Steve Weiss, Rick Hohwart, Sean Cochran, and Brent Theilke for getting me up to speed so quickly! Looking forward to the race on 11/15 to get even more comfortable with the car and hopefully lay down some clean runs!
Old 10-27-2014, 10:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I got to race my TC6.2 for the first time this weekend. I was off the pace but this was my first time racing in a long time and my first TC car experience.

Can somebody recommend a solid high grip carpet blinky setup? Out of the box the car felt good, although the back end would over steer in hard off throttle corners. A fellow club member gave me a set of Associated Green springs to try in the back over the kit silver springs. They were lower force springs is all I know.

I dialed in -10 expo and set dual rate to about 82%, enough steering to be able to turn with inthe track width at slow speed, but not over turn at high speeds. This helped but felts more like a bandage.

I'm not sure if all this helped or if I just need more practice adapting to and learning the car. Any suggestions or help is very much appreciated.
Old 10-27-2014, 11:06 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ViperZ
I got to race my TC6.2 for the first time this weekend. I was off the pace but this was my first time racing in a long time and my first TC car experience.

Can somebody recommend a solid high grip carpet blinky setup? Out of the box the car felt good, although the back end would over steer in hard off throttle corners. A fellow club member gave me a set of Associated Green springs to try in the back over the kit silver springs. They were lower force springs is all I know.

I dialed in -10 expo and set dual rate to about 82%, enough steering to be able to turn with inthe track width at slow speed, but not over turn at high speeds. This helped but felts more like a bandage.

I'm not sure if all this helped or if I just need more practice adapting to and learning the car. Any suggestions or help is very much appreciated.
a good starting point is Andrew Cartwrights stock setup on the AE website. if you are loose off power pay close attention to your droop settings, run less rear droop in the rear. also makesure your ball ends are free, if they are bound up the car will snap quick when the weight transfers
Old 10-27-2014, 11:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ViperZ

Maybe increase front damping and/or decrease rear droop. It's hard to say without seeing it, but that should make a difference.

EDIT: chev beat me to it. Also, Andrew's setup looks reasonable. Oil seems light for carpet, but if it works it works.
Old 10-27-2014, 11:22 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by samnelso
Maybe increase front damping and/or decrease rear droop. It's hard to say without seeing it, but that should make a difference.

EDIT: chev beat me to it. Also, Andrew's setup looks reasonable. Oil seems light for carpet, but if it works it works.
the oil was a little light for me, I ended up at 45 front 40 rear,

how much drag brake if any are you running? too much drag brake could be a factor too
Old 10-27-2014, 12:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thanks guys! I will check out Andrews settings and re measure the droop. I can't remember the exact numbers but I know the back is less than the front.

I'll also check the ball ends. I'm running no drag brake. A couple of veterans took my car for a drive. All three of them made it look fast. Only one mentioned it had more steering than they would like. The other 2 said it was fine, so it maybe just me. However I suppose that the sport of it all, getting the car to work and behave how you like it to.
Old 10-27-2014, 01:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
I ran the TC6.2 for the first time this past Saturday at the Tamiya America Raceway for the Speedtech Grand Prix and was very impressed right from my first pack. The race itself had a pretty good mod turnout with about 20 entries. Unfortunately we had controlled practice and I was only able to get one run in with the car before qualifying.

Qualifying went decent, made a few pretty bad mistakes in both qualifiers but was still able to pull off 3rd on the grid for the main. Had a rough start to the main getting hit in the first sweeper and tucked my body, came out of the first sweeper in the 8th spot. Finally began to feel really comfortable with the car about a minute into the main and put on a drive that landed me in 2nd at the end of the race. Rick Hohwart drove flawless all day with his 6.2. TQ'ed and lead every lap of the main for an easy win. Although I wasn't close to him after my start, I was the only car to finish on his lap at the end of the race so that definitely has me feeling confident about the car!

Had plenty of help getting things going, so thanks again to Steve Weiss, Rick Hohwart, Sean Cochran, and Brent Theilke for getting me up to speed so quickly! Looking forward to the race on 11/15 to get even more comfortable with the car and hopefully lay down some clean runs!
You fast! Me...not so much

It was a fun try for me in mod, but now I will go back to my normal speed of 13.5 however, after trying mod I must say, you guys have some serious skills to drive them mod cars with that much power behind it. your car looked good!

S
Old 10-27-2014, 03:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Thanks for this wtcc! May I ask what kind of track do you run? e.g indoor/outdoor, carpet/asphalt, grip level? And what kind of set up are you running? Box or has it been tuned to your liking?

Today the first shootout between my AE chassis took place. I started with the 6.1WC. In the first three batteries it already proved its speed by repeating last years fastest laptimes. These were 10.5s laps among many 10.6-10.8 and two 10.3s laps They happened in the second run in the second and ninth lap. The second run itself had no 10.4s laps, only two 10.5s laps, all other were 10.6 and worse. I find that very confusing, because I didn't cut the track or did other strange things... Whatever, I keep that in mind and only trust the 10.5s.

Then came the switch to the 6.2. The car turns so much better, it was easier to drive and felt like one second faster, just felt, but I was sure to be faster... I was not! Again 10.5s as fastest lap. That was dissapointing. Because of the nice and easy drive I decided to do more runs with the 6.2 today and to adapt the outdoorsetup to my indoor track. After another five runs I brought the times down to (again) two 10.3s laps, this time followed by seven 10.4s laps throughout the whole run; between 2. and 30. lap.

Next week I will do the comparison with the Xray and if the T4'15 won't blow away the 6.2 times, I will again do runs with the 6.1 to look if the early 10.3s laps were two lucky laps, a glitch, or if the 6.1 really has that potential.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.