Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

this is the Square gear box
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TB-Evolution III-stb38b.jpg  
Old 01-29-2005, 09:32 PM
DJB
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

hey therealshark how much do those aluminium gearboxes weigh compared to the standard parts.... are they worth the extra weight??
Old 01-30-2005, 02:23 AM
V12
Tech Elite

the aluminium gearboxes are about 30 gramms more than the plastic ones if you choose using them front and rear.
I īm using them for more than a year and I have to say itīs one of the best custom parts for the EVO III. There are no more stripped screws and they donīt twist like the plastic parts. This also means you will have a much stiffer chassis. In fact I ended up throwing away the plastic chassis brace as the chassis was to stiff now for my liking and so youīre also saving some weight again (about 10gramms).
Old 01-31-2005, 02:43 AM
Tech Adept

I have the square gear box in front and the light weight shaft but you still need shimming, at first I didn't shim the gears but it was running fine until I tried my new 12*1 High Torque corally black that thing is torque monster!! I started stripping the gears again under full throttle!
I know I'm not saying anything new but shim the gears, get a good mesh and should be fine!

SEE YA
Old 01-31-2005, 10:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey all,

I have decided to stop running my evoIII on foam tires and will be running it exclusively on Tamiya Type A tires on Ozite. if any of you wouldnt mind sharing a set-up to start with-I'd appreciate it.

One issue I am having is getting steering throw out of the car. Running all standard equipment (helios, KO digi servos, etc.) I am maxed out on d/r and expo on my radio for foam tires. I can only imagine I will need way more steering to run rubber tires on carpet, right?

Thanks,
Ray
Old 01-31-2005, 09:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default sqare gear box

about my last post i was wondering who makes the square gear boxxes and where i can get them?
sorry if i caused any confusion
mike
Old 02-01-2005, 01:14 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: sqare gear box

This might sound like a silly answer but the manufacturer of the Square Gear Boxes for the EVO III is a Japanese Company called 'RC Square'. You should still be able to order these through Rainbowten (www.rainbowten.co.jp) if they are still in production.

Originally posted by therealshark
about my last post i was wondering who makes the square gear boxxes and where i can get them?
sorry if i caused any confusion
mike
Old 02-10-2005, 09:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Aside from the gearbox mods that I've seen...what other mods have some of you done to you EvoIII's??

I recently picked up a used standard EvoIII and I want this to be my "test" car
Old 02-10-2005, 09:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by rayhuang
Hey all,

I have decided to stop running my evoIII on foam tires and will be running it exclusively on Tamiya Type A tires on Ozite. if any of you wouldnt mind sharing a set-up to start with-I'd appreciate it.

One issue I am having is getting steering throw out of the car. Running all standard equipment (helios, KO digi servos, etc.) I am maxed out on d/r and expo on my radio for foam tires. I can only imagine I will need way more steering to run rubber tires on carpet, right?

Thanks,
Ray
Ray,

I had the same problem with the steering throw (could'nt get enough steering even with the one-way). I swapped the C1/C2 knuckle positions (opposite of the kit instructins) and found the steering I was looking for.

I'll send you my rubber setup tonight when I get home. Its based on CS27's on high grip Ozite.

Jimmy
Old 02-10-2005, 01:49 PM
Tech Adept

I plan on running at the Reedy race in may, I have evo III SE straight out of the box. I want to know if the evo III is still competive? How well does the LW arm kit work? Or should I get an evo IV?
Old 02-11-2005, 06:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally posted by alien too
I plan on running at the Reedy race in may, I have evo III SE straight out of the box. I want to know if the evo III is still competive? How well does the LW arm kit work? Or should I get an evo IV?
I know at my local tracks, I can still hang with my evo SE...I don't know why it wouldn't be competitive any more?? there are changes between the III and the IV, but nothing groundbreaking that would give it a decisive advantage over a III - remeber the SE was probably a evo 3.5

I'm curious about the LW suspension too...I just picked it up last nite and haven't put it on the car yet...was wondering if anyone else tried it too
Old 02-13-2005, 12:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

I am looking to get an Evo III Surikarn Edition. I can't find one online. And they have been discontinued through my hobby shop. I don't really want to build one from parts but if worst comes to worst I will. Can anyone help me in my search for an EVOIII?
Old 02-13-2005, 12:50 PM
Tech Regular

Check on eBay, they usually have unopened normal Evo III's for around $380, then if you want just buy the surikarn parts if you're desperate.
Old 02-13-2005, 01:02 PM
Tech Regular

Or you could shell out $550 for this, signed by Surikarn, Surikarn Evo III kit. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW.

Or a little less for this http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW
Old 02-13-2005, 02:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by tc3stocker
I am looking to get an Evo III Surikarn Edition. I can't find one online. And they have been discontinued through my hobby shop. I don't really want to build one from parts but if worst comes to worst I will. Can anyone help me in my search for an EVOIII?
I have 2 of them for sale.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.