Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Advance R/C Car R10 2015

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2014, 06:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Good to see so many new faces to the ARC scene....and returning ones.
Old 09-11-2014, 05:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Moving indoors to the carpet next weekend. Ill be using the graphite chassis till i can afford the aluminum chassis. (gotta get a better radio first) so what spring rates should i be considering for carpet? stay with the yellow and blue or up the rear rates to the green? just not sure. any recomendations? i do have the rsd carpet spring set. ill be removing the ones on my tc 6.1 and considering using them on the arc. but only if i really need to. thoughts?
i have well over a week till the first race.
Old 09-11-2014, 05:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Would 350cst be too soft for the new long big bores? I saw lots of 2013 setups use 350 so just thinking.
Old 09-11-2014, 07:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by inpuressa
Would 350cst be too soft for the new long big bores? I saw lots of 2013 setups use 350 so just thinking.
think that might be to soft but try it you never know. I have used associated 37.5 oil all around and 35 all around. Both are good depending on springs as well. you want a faster roll go thinner oil.
Old 09-14-2014, 12:37 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Finished building my black edition on Friday night, shell painted up Saturday (mazda 6 gx which I've never run before but wanted to try) all ready for its first day on the track today. Started the day running a 21.5 in sportsman class just to get comfortable but the car was real good in heat 1 so I swapped to stock (13.5) for heat 2 and proceeded to win the next 3 heats, tq and take the final from start to finish

Great kit to build and drove real nice. I still think I can tune it up better for our medium to low grip asphalt track but it was super smooth, real consistent (had a con of .2 in the final over a 14 second average lap) and generally easy to drive. Nice job ARC.
Attached Thumbnails Advance R/C Car R10 2015-image.jpg  
Old 09-14-2014, 07:17 AM
Tech Elite

You should try a Blitz GSF .05 body. It gets better.
Old 09-14-2014, 01:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team_Krusty
Finished building my black edition on Friday night, shell painted up Saturday (mazda 6 gx which I've never run before but wanted to try) all ready for its first day on the track today. Started the day running a 21.5 in sportsman class just to get comfortable but the car was real good in heat 1 so I swapped to stock (13.5) for heat 2 and proceeded to win the next 3 heats, tq and take the final from start to finish

Great kit to build and drove real nice. I still think I can tune it up better for our medium to low grip asphalt track but it was super smooth, real consistent (had a con of .2 in the final over a 14 second average lap) and generally easy to drive. Nice job ARC.
What was your car doing? off power push etc? maybe we can help. i found the standard setup to have off power push.
Old 09-15-2014, 01:01 AM
Tech Adept

Nah no real push, wasn't really doing anything wrong or bad - car was very very good but I think it has more in it My best lap was a 13.95 on the weekend for a normal club day where we don't do any track prep and only have about 20 people racing (8 in stock on Sunday). The next best were between .1 and .2 off my fastest laps each heat and in the final I was able to lap everyone except 2nd place. I think the track record for a stock car was done on a big 2 day event with approx 100 entrants and was around 13.5.

I didn't build the car exactly to kit as I just can't help myself applying small changes that have worked for me on previous cars lol. I drilled the shocks, stood the shocks up more with 35 wt oil, 120 wt rear diff (approx 1800 cst), kit roll centres, 0 ackerman shims, mazda 6 gx shell mounted a little forward etc etc.

I just went for a few laps an hour ago with another stock guy and he couldn't get close to me. The only thing I might change is slightly stiffer front end to stop the car digging in a bit on the outside wheel late in the turn.

Don't get me wrong, I'm super happy with the car but I'm always trying little things (like most I guess) in search of the perfect compromise between a car that's fast and a car that's fast when I'm driving it haha. It's almost on the money already
Old 09-15-2014, 08:58 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya
You should try a Blitz GSF .05 body. It gets better.
If by .05 you are referring to body thickness, the thickness is .5mm. My shop has the .5mm GSF and TSX and I really enjoy running these bodies as they easily help reduce the car's weight, but they aren't for everyone.

I think most racers should opt for the .7mm body as it is in line with a typical lightweight body without sacrificing too much durability.

For anyone who does run the .5mm bodies, be sure that they they touch your bumper or that your bumper has been extended with foam to prevent flex at speed.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gridworks Racing
For anyone who does run the .5mm bodies, be sure that they they touch your bumper or that your bumper has been extended with foam to prevent flex at speed.
Absolutely correct here. I used the GSX .5 for asphalt. It's a great body but extremely flexible. It will distort at high speeds and doesn't last through "taps" very well. The body will crunch in on itself very easily.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

If by .05 you are referring to body thickness, the thickness is .5mm. My shop has the .5mm GSF and TSX and I really enjoy running these bodies as they easily help reduce the car's weight, but they aren't for everyone.

I think most racers should opt for the .7mm body as it is in line with a typical lightweight body without sacrificing too much durability.

Good info. Looking to try them out for myself.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:49 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah I was a bit tired when I wrote that. .5mm is correct. Maybe not for everyone I will keep them all for myself! Don't forget that shopviper has them all as well.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya
Yeah I was a bit tired when I wrote that. .5mm is correct. Maybe not for everyone I will keep them all for myself! Don't forget that shopviper has them all as well.
HobbyVelocity has them as well. Ordered their screw kits too. Loving both the titanium set for my silver car and the black kit for my Black Edition. Think they have every part for this car imaginable. At least I haven't come across any they didn't have when I needed them.

My next order is the Turnbuckles.

Last edited by Carnage9270; 09-16-2014 at 10:57 PM.
Old 09-17-2014, 06:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Anyone got a source for the toe blocks. R109035, don't see it on viperrc and velocity doesn't have stock on them.
Old 09-17-2014, 06:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Sean at tqrcracing.com might have em.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.